Brand new RX 580 suddenly not performing

jado

Today I installed my new RX 580 with no issues, I downloaded all the drivers and it was working great. I was doing the Unigine Heaven benchmark when I decided to apply the factory OC to my Card through the Aorus software. When I tried the benchmark again I was getting back around 8 FPS on max settings, down from 50. This is also the case in 3D Mark, Any have any suggestions on what to do or did my card get destroyed?

Card is Gigabyte RX 580 8GB

try unnistalling the auros software, might be interfering with something, look at your task manager you might have a task stuck consuming cpu/gpu power

Just now, cj09beira said:

try unnistalling the auros software, might be interfering with something, look at your task manager you might have a task stuck consuming cpu/gpu power

I just tried the benchmark with hardware monitor open and the card is locked at 300MHz, also i will try uninstalling the software

3 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

also might help to use the amd settings to rest the card 

Thank you so much, I uninstalled the Aorus software and reset my card through the AMD software and it works. Thanks again!

2 minutes ago, jado said:

Thank you so much, I uninstalled the Aorus software and reset my card through the AMD software and it works. Thanks again!

glad i could help :) 

(i have two 480s myself so if you need any help hit me up)