Is a 120hz screen worth it on a 1050ti Laptop?

Okay, so I managed to get HP to replace my current laptop with an Omen ce019na which has a 1050ti, a 7700hq and a 120hz 1080p screen.

Will that GPU be able to make use of the refresh rate or is it just a waste?

It cost me nothing to upgrade to that laptop (I asked if they could give me that one instead and they said yes so I paid nothing

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

Yes, a 1050ti will be able to withstand something like that, i dont hVe experience with nvidia products but my amd gpu can handle it (1 gb of vram)

I hAve an unfinished pc build. Pls dont bully for not having one yet or i cry.

Depends what you use the laptop for. In terms of gaming, you're going to struggle to hit 120 fps. Some games though, can get above 100 fps with a 1050 Ti, such as CS:GO and DOTA II and older games too of course.

Of course, many older games and "e-sports" titles can run 100+ fps on a 1050ti

CPU Intel Core i5-7500  MoBo MSI B250M PRO RAM 16GB (2x8) Crucial DDR4-2400 GPU MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6GB OC

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 + GB 2TB Seagate Barracuda Case Sharkoon VS4-S PSU Cooler Master Masterwatt Lite 400

Monitor Acer KG271A + AOC G2460VQ6 Keyboard Sharkoon Skiller MECH SGK1 (Kaihl Brown) Mouse Razer Deathadder Elite Headset Corsair VOID Wireless Dolby 7.1 RGB

VR Oculus Rift

6 minutes ago, yolosnail said:

Okay, so I managed to get HP to replace my current laptop with an Omen ce019na which has a 1050ti, a 7700hq and a 120hz 1080p screen.

Will that GPU be able to make use of the refresh rate or is it just a waste?

It cost me nothing to upgrade to that laptop (I asked if they could give me that one instead and they said yes so I paid nothing

It depends on the game you're playing obviously you're not going to be using that in demanding titles but competitive games like CS:GO or something like that will full advantage of the refresh rate.

for CS GO and stuff hell yeah but if I had the coice of 120hz laptop

or good ISP 60hz laptop I would go ISP because The pretty pictures and video editing.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Windows and every thing like that will all slightly benefit running 120hz will just feel nicer to use.

Gaming lighter titles or maybe 1080p low settings on new titiles will get you higher then 60fps so you could utilize it alittle. and older tiltes will use it a lot. 

But you cant play ultra settings 120fps youd need something way stronger. 

So basically, it's not worth paying for the upgrade

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

If you demand ultra max quality at 1080p, then yes. But if you're willing to make compromises in graphical quality for frame rate, then you'll be able to make use of it.

I mean, I'm not paying for the upgrade so I'm not too fussed, according to the reviews the 120hz screen has better colour than the 60hz so that alone was why I asked for the upgrade. But with it not being gsync I wonder if it will suffer from tearing

Laptop:

Spoiler

PC:

Spoiler

Mac:

Spoiler

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

7 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

If you demand ultra max quality at 1080p, then yes. But if you're willing to make compromises in graphical quality for frame rate, then you'll be able to make use of it.

^ This. 

I can't give a better explanation than that.

18 minutes ago, yolosnail said:

I mean, I'm not paying for the upgrade so I'm not too fussed, according to the reviews the 120hz screen has better colour than the 60hz so that alone was why I asked for the upgrade. But with it not being gsync I wonder if it will suffer from tearing

If you play LoL you'll probably be very happy with it. I wouldn't worry too much about it being a problem though.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

Just now, Theguywhobea said:

If you play LoL you'll probably be very happy with it. I wouldn't worry too much about it being a problem though.

The laptop is a hell of a lot better than my current one with a 950m so anything would be an upgrade

Laptop:

Spoiler

PC:

Spoiler

Mac:

Spoiler

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue