Looking for a new case for my build

ZookeMike

Hey, I'm currently looking for a new case to build in, I started my first pc off simple as I didn't want any complicated components to install to make my first try difficult, now I'm a little more experienced in the hardware and how to install each component I'm looking for an upgrade,

My current system uses a Corsair 200r, with the hyper evo and a 6600k, I'm looking for a case that supports aio coolers 240mm and above, I also want to keep the optical drive, so a case with a bay for a CD drive would be needed, I'm looking to upgrade my CPU to 7700k and I will want to overclock it, has anyone got any suggestions on the perfect case for my needs, and maybe even give me a suggestion on the best cooler to use for this system, I don't have a budget but I don't want to be paying a hell of a lot just got a case and or cooler. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated, thanks

4 minutes ago, ZookeMike said:

Hey, I'm currently looking for a new case to build in, I started my first pc off simple as I didn't want any complicated components to install to make my first try difficult, now I'm a little more experienced in the hardware and how to install each component I'm looking for an upgrade,

My current system uses a Corsair 200r, with the hyper evo and a 6600k, I'm looking for a case that supports aio coolers 240mm and above, I also want to keep the optical drive, so a case with a bay for a CD drive would be needed, I'm looking to upgrade my CPU to 7700k and I will want to overclock it, has anyone got any suggestions on the perfect case for my needs, and maybe even give me a suggestion on the best cooler to use for this system, I don't have a budget but I don't want to be paying a hell of a lot just got a case and or cooler. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated, thanks

Dont buy 7700k, get 8600k or 8700k

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

2 minutes ago, Thermosman said:

Dont buy 7700k, get 8600k or 8700k

Right now they're too expensive, once they "properly" launch I may get one but right now I have to pay like £400 for one since I'm in the UK, and I also have to pay a shit load for a new mobile, z170 doesn't support it does it?

3 minutes ago, Thermosman said:

8600k is less than 7700k

8600k for me = £256 7700k = £280, for the 8600 wouldnt i need a new mobo? meanwhile my z170 can still overclock the 7700k and be supported as long as i update my bios, so a new mobo to support the 8600k would cost me like £100-200 more than the 7700k would

1 minute ago, ZookeMike said:

8600k for me = £256 7700k = £280, for the 8600 wouldnt i need a new mobo? meanwhile my z170 can still overclock the 7700k and be supported as long as i update my bios, so a new mobo to support the 8600k would cost me like £100-200 more than the 7700k would

New mobo would only be 93£ https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/fjPzK8/msi-z370-a-pro-atx-lga1151-motherboard-z370-a-pro

Net price difference of only 71£, and you can sell your old cpu and mobo

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

Just now, Thermosman said:

New mobo would only be 93£ https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/fjPzK8/msi-z370-a-pro-atx-lga1151-motherboard-z370-a-pro

Net price difference of only 71£, and you can sell your old cpu and mobo

hmm, maybe, although I would like my hands on a 8700k but the price right now is ridiculous, but i guess if i sell all of my old components on ebay or something i could get about £150 or so back from it. Might be a choice i have to make sooner than later. thanks

Just now, ZookeMike said:

hmm, maybe, although I would like my hands on a 8700k but the price right now is ridiculous, but i guess if i sell all of my old components on ebay or something i could get about £150 or so back from it. Might be a choice i have to make sooner than later. thanks

8600k may be a better choice for you

8600k may be a better choice for you

Why is that? i have the money for an 8700k, more than enough, but im one of those guys who doesnt like spending money even when i have it spare xD, why would the 8600k benefit me more? isnt the performance literally the same as the 7700k

2 minutes ago, ZookeMike said:

Why is that? i have the money for an 8700k, more than enough, but im one of those guys who doesnt like spending money even when i have it spare xD, why would the 8600k benefit me more? isnt the performance literally the same as the 7700k

Oh, since I thought you had a price constraint, but 8700k is better for performance just not for price

Oh, since I thought you had a price constraint, but 8700k is better for performance just not for price

I do and i dont, i have the money, just dont like spending it, i have about £2500 to spend, but only really wana spent 500 of it, so a 8600 would be good, cause i also want a case, a cooler and a 250GB SSD, which i could get for £500 if i buy the 8600k, no way with the 8700, but i was gonna get the 7700k so if the 8600k is same performance, might as well get that, you got any suggestions on a case to get and a cooler?

2 hours ago, ZookeMike said:

I'm looking for a case that

supports aio coolers 240mm and above,

keep the optical drive

upgrade my CPU to 7700k and I will want to overclock it

I don't have a budget but I don't want to be paying a hell of a lot

Enthoo Pro M TG

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25