What is your favorite AIO cooler?

Which fans would you guys suggest replacing the stock AIO fans with if I value noise slightly more than thermals? I want a good ratio of both, but a quiet system is more essential to me. Noctua P12's?

12 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I don't like AIOs simply because the pumps fail by design usually towards the end of the warranty period. If you must have one then I prefer one that isn't an Asetek pump, but units without Asetek pumps are hard to come by.

o..kaayy?? so what is a good AIO pump then?

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

8 hours ago, Hiya! said:

Well none of them IMO. So few are made with decent quality pumps it's kind of pointless. I think one of the older EK AIOs had an in-house pump and that was OK but more recent one apparently were prone to leaking so....

The Noctua D15S cools as well as an AIO and doesn't have any real point of failure apart from the super high-end fan so I'd always go for air.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

18 hours ago, Hiya! said:

The ddc included in EK's Phoenix line and alphacools in house solution for the eisbaer line are good pumps

18 hours ago, BagelMonster said:

Which fans would you guys suggest replacing the stock AIO fans with if I value noise slightly more than thermals? I want a good ratio of both, but a quiet system is more essential to me. Noctua P12's?

Noiseblockers give a really good ratio of noise/performance 

10 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Well none of them IMO. So few are made with decent quality pumps it's kind of pointless. I think one of the older EK AIOs had an in-house pump and that was OK but more recent one apparently were prone to leaking so....

EK used Laing ddc pumps, considered to be the second best pumps for custom cooling.  Only beaten out by its larger, more efficient brother the D5.

The leak issues were (IMO) mostly people who didn't understand how to respect/maintain a custom loop leading to issues when they were dealing with a premise custom loop.

On 12/3/2017 at 2:54 PM, ChiefRobb said:

Thanks, I think I've decided I'm going with the h115i.

I'm a bit late on this but I recommend you avoid the H115i unless you are planning on replacing those fans

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

4 hours ago, Damascus said:

I'm a bit late on this but I recommend you avoid the H115i unless you are planning on replacing those fans

Planning to replace the fans.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hn42tJ

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor  @4.8 gHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler 
Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly - Kryonaut 1g Thermal Paste
Motherboard: MSI - Z370-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  
Storage: Samsung - 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card 
Case: Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400 ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link - TL-WDN4800 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter 
Monitor: Asus - VC279H 27.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor
Keyboard: AZIO - MGK1 Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse 
Headphones: Audio-Technica - ATH-M50  Headphones 

1 minute ago, ChiefRobb said:

Kk, in that case go for it.  If you want dat aesthetic (ie rgb fans) the only ones that are worthwhile right now are ml120/140

9 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

The Noctua D15S cools as well as an AIO and doesn't have any real point of failure apart from the super high-end fan so I'd always go for air.

Say if u want an AIO for your system which will u pick?

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

30 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Say if u want an AIO for your system which will u pick?

I don't want an AIO, that's my point entirely. If I were forced to for some reason then I'd get a non-Asetek pump unit.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

WHY NO ONE mentioned EKWB ????

Are they so bad , that no one would take them ?

CPU - AMD 5800XMotherboard - ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING , Memory  - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ,

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MSI SUPRIM X 12G,  Case - 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid - Tower ATX Case - Black ,

Storage - Samsung 970 EvoPlus 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB + 6TB HDD,

PSU - Corsair HX1000 , Display -  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A 165HZ + Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor , Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 Black , 

Keyboard - Razer Stalker , Mouse - Logitec G502 Wireless , Operating System - Win 10 Pro , 

Sound - Logitech Z906 5.1 THX Surround Sound Speaker System

EK Phoenix hands down the best AIO.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

14 hours ago, ChiefRobb said:

Once again I recommend Mag Levs from Corsair because they are silent and very good.

6 hours ago, keavlar said:

WHY NO ONE mentioned EKWB ????

Are they so bad , that no one would take them ?

4 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

EK Phoenix hands down the best AIO.

EK's "AIOs" arent really AIOs and are a bit more complicated than something like Corsair's Hydro series and while they do offer the possibility for a different loop in the future it's still not worth it if all you want is just connect the CPU because it's more complicated and you can get it wrong earlier.

PC Specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700k @ 4.7GHz Turbo

Motherboard: Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) LGA1551 (300 Series)

RAM: 2x8GB Trident Z RGB DDR4-3200MHz

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080

SDD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

HDD:  Seagate Barracuda 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM650x

Cooling: Corsair H115i Pro RGB

Main Display: Dell S2417DG 1440p 144/165Hz G-Sync (2560x1440)

Secondary Displays: 2 x Dell P2312H 1080p 60Hz (1920x1080)

Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum

Mouse: Logitech G703 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse

Headset: Massdrop x Sennheiser PC37X Headset

Corsairs have the best warranty, in my experience though the EVGA CLCs slightly outperform Corsair CLC of the same size. EK's new modular AIO system looks pretty sweet, although you could build a budget loop for the same price.

Intel i7-7700k @ 5.1ghz | Asus ROG Maximus Hero IX | Asus ROG Poseidon Platinum 1080ti @ 2126mhz | 64gb Trident-Z DDR4 @ 3600mhz | Samsung 960 Pro 1tb @ 3500mbps/2500mbps | Crucial 240gb SSD | Toshiba 4tb 7200rpm HDD w/ Crucial 128gb SSD cache | Corsair Hx1000i PSU | EK 360mm Coolstream XE Radiator | EK-Supremacy Evo Waterblock | EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition Pump | EK-RES X3 150 RGB Reservoir | Primochill AdvancedLRT Clear Tubing | Primochill VUE UV Blue Coolant | Corsair 570x Crystal RGB Case | 4x 30cm CableMod UV/RGB Widebeam Hybrid Led Strip | 3x 120mm Corsair SP120 RGB Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 3000rpm Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A12x15 Fan | CableMod ModFlex PSU & SATA Cables | Asus ROG Swift 27" 4k IPS w/G-Sync & LG UD68 27" 4k IPS w/Freesync |

On 12/3/2017 at 2:55 PM, Damascus said:

Wat? swqpping out my 2 stock corsair fans with a single noctua high pressure fan dropped my temps 11c and more than halved the noise output.

This was most likely coincidental or due to something else. Fans shouldn't make that big of a difference, especially going from a pretty good fan to a really good fan. When I was running a H110i, I swapped stock fans for 4 noctua high pressure fans and only seen a 4C over 2 stock fans , ands thats with 4 noctuas.

Intel i7-7700k @ 5.1ghz | Asus ROG Maximus Hero IX | Asus ROG Poseidon Platinum 1080ti @ 2126mhz | 64gb Trident-Z DDR4 @ 3600mhz | Samsung 960 Pro 1tb @ 3500mbps/2500mbps | Crucial 240gb SSD | Toshiba 4tb 7200rpm HDD w/ Crucial 128gb SSD cache | Corsair Hx1000i PSU | EK 360mm Coolstream XE Radiator | EK-Supremacy Evo Waterblock | EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition Pump | EK-RES X3 150 RGB Reservoir | Primochill AdvancedLRT Clear Tubing | Primochill VUE UV Blue Coolant | Corsair 570x Crystal RGB Case | 4x 30cm CableMod UV/RGB Widebeam Hybrid Led Strip | 3x 120mm Corsair SP120 RGB Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 3000rpm Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A12x15 Fan | CableMod ModFlex PSU & SATA Cables | Asus ROG Swift 27" 4k IPS w/G-Sync & LG UD68 27" 4k IPS w/Freesync |

11 minutes ago, PETRGangKing said:

This was most likely coincidental or due to something else. Fans shouldn't make that big of a difference, especially going from a pretty good fan to a really good fan. When I was running a H110i, I swapped stock fans for 4 noctua high pressure fans and only seen a 4C over 2 stock fans , ands thats with 4 noctuas.

For me it was with an H80i (v1) and I changed nothing but the fans.  I swapped out the two (pull/push out of the case) for one noctua scavenged from my Nh-d14 pulling out of the case.

37 minutes ago, Damascus said:

For me it was with an H80i (v1) and I changed nothing but the fans.  I swapped out the two (pull/push out of the case) for one noctua scavenged from my Nh-d14 pulling out of the case.

That makes it even less likely to be due to the performance of the corsair fans, as the H80i has considerably less total cooling capacity to start with, so to be able to make an 11c delta between two fan configs, when there isnt a lot of possble thermal performance to be achieved in the first place, is highly unlikely. Chances are it was either mostly coincidental, with a slight increase coming fron the fan swap, or completely coincidental. 

17 minutes ago, PETRGangKing said:

That makes it even less likely to be due to the performance of the corsair fans, as the H80i has considerably less total cooling capacity to start with, so to be able to make an 11c delta between two fan configs, when there isnt a lot of possble thermal performance to be achieved in the first place, is highly unlikely. Chances are it was either mostly coincidental, with a slight increase coming fron the fan swap, or completely coincidental. 

Trust me, this was in a massive case with optimal airflow, literally nothing changed other than the fans.  When I swapped the corsairs back on to check my temps went right back down. Swapped in and out 3 times to be sure

11 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Trust me, this was in a massive case with optimal airflow, literally nothing changed other than the fans.  When I swapped the corsairs back on to check my temps went right back down. Swapped in and out 3 times to be sure

Its not that I don't trust you, it is that  Ihave built 30+ rigs with the just the H110i alone, and I'm very familiar with the thermals and performance of both Corsair AIO coolers, and AIO coolers in general, as I utilixe them on a very regular basis  at work. You dont see a 11C delta from swapping stock fans, esp not to just one fan from two. It just doesnt happen. The fans that come with corsair rads really arent that bad. When I say it was coincidental there could be any number of things that would askew your results to make it seem like temps got 11C cooler due to swapping the fans, all the way from air bubbles that had not yet worked their way out of the line, all the way to possible fluctuations with temp sensor readings. 

Anyways, regardless of why you seen 11C higher temps with a noctua fan then you seen with two stock fans, that is by no means the norm, as the fans that come with corsair rads are pretty decent, and most of the time going from the stock corsair fans to Noctua static-pressure fans are going to net about 2-3C in better performance. 

3 minutes ago, PETRGangKing said:

all the way from air bubbles that had not yet worked their way out of the line, all the way to possible fluctuations with temp sensor readings. 

Considering I was able to repeatedly recreate the same temperature delta by swapping the fans in and out 4 times I doubt it was water bubbles.  I think that if it was an error in testing it could have only been temps sensors, though I sincerely doubt that.

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Considering I was able to repeatedly recreate the same temperature delta by swapping the fans in and out 4 times I doubt it was water bubbles.  I think that if it was an error in testing it could have only been temps sensors, though I sincerely doubt that.

I cant say for sure how you were able to get these numbers, I guess it is possible you could have had faulty corsair fans, all I do know is this is not the normal. This is more than three times the delta typically seen in moving from stock corsair fans to noctuas. In fact, I just removed the 6 noctua fans from my 360mm EKWB rad and replaced it with three stock corsair fans, and only seen 2C warmer temps. Which even though it is one extra fan, there is much more surface area to cool than in one of corsairs AIO rads, as it is about twice as thick. And I am coming from 6 as well.