Metal from io shield in hdmi port

Da OG Fish

There seems to be a little flap of metal in my hdmi port from the io shield. Should I bend it away or what?

ADE2D45D-416F-4A04-96D7-C869A32F7A22.jpeg

I5 6600K @ 4.6 Gigahertz
Cryorig H7
EVGA GTX 1070 FTW @ 2 Gigahertz
16 Gigabytes of Corsair Vengence
ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S
Crucial 525 Gigabyte SSD
Hitachi 1 Terabyte Harddrive
NZXT Hue+
NZXT H440
Corsair Rmx 650 Watt Power Supply

I would personally get really fine tweezers and trying to remove the metal that way. Bending the metal could risk damaging the port, and won't help the port become usable anyways.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

That flap comes from your IO shield. You should remove your motherboard, remove the io shield, bend the flap back where it was and mount everything back inside the case. Or... you can bend it away if you don't mind damaging the io shield a little bit. Make sure the pc is turned off properly before doing that.

EDIT: looking at the picture better, I cannot quite figure out if the io shield is placed badly inside its frame or the motherboard itself is not correctly making contact with it. Either way ideal solution would be to remove the motherboard and fix the io shield issue.

2 minutes ago, pentotark said:

That flap comes from your IO shield. You should remove your motherboard, remove the io shield, bend the flap back where it was and mount everything back inside the case. Or... you can bend it away if you don't mind damaging the io shield a little bit. Make sure the pc is turned off properly before doing that.

EDIT: looking at the picture better, I cannot quite figure out if the io shield is placed badly inside its frame or the motherboard itself is not correctly making contact with it. Either way ideal solution would be to remove the motherboard and fix the io shield issue.

My server has the tab from the I/O shield inside the HDMI port, which happened to occur when I initially built it and when I did a chassis swap(with the shield installed. It's not installed right now).

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

11 minutes ago, pentotark said:

I had this happen to me with my Ethernet port. the IO shield has little flaps/tabs that push down on the top of the ports. When I installed my motherboard the tab got caught in the Ethernet port instead of the Ethernet port going under the tab it went into the tab and the tab got stuck and bent into the Ethernet port. Had to remove my motherboard and bend the tab back up and put it all back together.