Phiips Fidelio X2 and X2HR difference?

RooR

As the title states does anybody know what the difference is / is there even one?

I am literally sitting on my checkout after doing a lot of research and now noticed this... and a price difference from vendors.

The store page on philips just brings me to the same place, leaving me to believe that it is just a re branding?

I do not want to buy something that has been changed after all the research I have just done!

Thank you very much!

There's no difference. The Fidelio brand was bought, and the product re-released to make more money without spending money. Philips no longer curates, designs or has anything to do with the Philips Fidelio brand.

I think it was Marshall or some other music company that bought them and basically killed off one of the most exciting up-and-coming headphone lines.

At the price point I would desperately recommend the HE 400S, or get / wait for another HE4XX drop on Massdrop.

After hours of researching and some emails I found that Gibson purchased the brand. Not exactly bad news if they continue to innovate. I purchased a pair anyways, well see... if not oh well.

Ok, yes, it was Gibson. Their first move was gluing the pads back on, making them no longer user-replaceable. And their second move was to stop all innovation and research on new Fidelio models. Like anything Gibson, they stagnated a good thing.