I'm a noob at networking pls help

Yes you can, though keep in mind it will create a separate wifi network.

My native language is C++

@zombajuice

you could try this https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1JX6M10240&cm_re=Wifi_Booster-_-33-704-197-_-Product

It cheaper but will need you to use a cable to connect the router to the first plug and possibly a cable to connect the second plug to your desired devices.

(I think the second plug comes with wifi but not 100% sure)

EDITED: This does require the room where the routers plugged into and the room where you putting the secondary plug to be on the same loop.

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

3 hours ago, tt2468 said:

Yes you can, though keep in mind it will create a separate wifi network.

Not necessarily. If it has an option for network bridging, it can extend the current WiFi network as it is. Kinda like what I did with my access point.

Just now, TonyStark said:

Not necessarily. If it has an option for network bridging, it can extend the current WiFi network as it is. Kinda like what I did with my access point.

If your talking about roaming between the main router and the AP, it probably wont work. Roaming between the two will be a bitch. There are 3 standards that deal with this and its very difficult to get it to work correctly. There  is no guarantee that the router and the AP will support the same roaming standards. Witch is why most people will just run it as two separate networks. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

True, thats why i said "not necessarily". There is a possibility however that it will work.

be cheaper and better to just buy some cat 5 cat 6 wire and run it directly to your console or pc. Buying anothe modem will split speeds between the 2 unless you pay out the ass to you company for multi node wifi

Even if you get a good spliter expect that second node to only run at 75% speeds at best

2 hours ago, KushKing_420 said:

be cheaper and better to just buy some cat 5 cat 6 wire and run it directly to your console or pc. Buying anothe modem will split speeds between the 2 unless you pay out the ass to you company for multi node wifi

First of all. Most ISPs will require you to have two accounts if you have two modems. So this is not great advice. 

3 hours ago, KushKing_420 said:

Even if you get a good spliter expect that second node to only run at 75% speeds at best

3 hours ago, KushKing_420 said:

It doesn't work like that. You'll have to call the cable company, get them to provision a second modem, and then pay for that second line. You cannot just put a modem on the cable line and magically get internet, that's not how it works.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

It would be cheaper and much more consistent though to run an ethernet cable from the router to the room, then use either a switch for more devices that need ethernet, then if you also want better wifi signal, a cheap AP will do, especially if you're gonna set up a new WIFI channel anyway.

What exactly are you wanting to do OP?  do you have other ethernet gear that could benefit from having a wired connection? or you literally just want to extend the wifi capability in your house? and you're fine using wifi on your PC?

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

43 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

First of all. Most ISPs will require you to have two accounts if you have two modems. So this is not great advice. 

Did yall not read what i wrote i agreed not to get another modem for the same reasons you have to pay for either whole home wifi which gives you access on more than one point in your house but most times it slows your over all speed or open a second account so like i said buy some cat 5e or cat 6 cord and run it from your existing modem to your console or pc most modems have 2 or more ports for this.

Just now, KushKing_420 said:

Did yall not read what i wrote i agreed not to get another modem for the same reasons you have to pay for either whole home wifi which gives you access on more than one point in your house but most times it slows your over all speed or open a second account so like i said buy some cat 5e or cat 6 cord and run it from your existing modem to your console or pc most modems have 2 or more ports for this.

It doesn't slow speed. At least on Cable Internet. The modem will go to what speeds it was provisioned to. The only thing you have to worry about is if you have a strong enough signal coming in. Most ISP's wont hook up two modems any way, as they say one modem per residence.  Most people who have two, have one for Voice services and one for Internet services. The reason we said something is because its bad advice all around. You never tell some one to get a second modem. Its cheaper to run Ethernet, then paying $50 a month twice to your ISP. 

3 minutes ago, KushKing_420 said:

modem to your console or pc most modems have 2 or more ports for this.

Modems have ONE port. Modem/Routers have multiple ports. You need to get the terminology right. Your mixing up Modems with router or Gateway devices. Most ISP's give out Gateways, that have both a modem and router  in one box. While people like me own a standard cable modem with out all that bull shit and run a separate router. Also, hooking a router up to a router is also a bad idea, unless you know how to configure it properly. At most you do that @paddy-stone suggested and run Ethernet to a switch if you have multiple devices that need a connection. Or run Ethernet to a wireless AP if you just looking to extend the WiFi. 

43 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

It doesn't slow speed. At least on Cable Internet. The modem will go to what speeds it was provisioned to. The only thing you have to worry about is if you have a strong enough signal coming in. Most ISP's wont hook up two modems any way, as they say one modem per residence.  Most people who have two, have one for Voice services and one for Internet services. The reason we said something is because its bad advice all around. You never tell some one to get a second modem. Its cheaper to run Ethernet, then paying $50 a month twice to your ISP. 

Modems have ONE port. Modem/Routers have multiple ports. You need to get the terminology right. Your mixing up Modems with router or Gateway devices. Most ISP's give out Gateways, that have both a modem and router  in one box. While people like me own a standard cable modem with out all that bull shit and run a separate router. Also, hooking a router up to a router is also a bad idea, unless you know how to configure it properly. At most you do that @paddy-stone suggested and run Ethernet to a switch if you have multiple devices that need a connection. Or run Ethernet to a wireless AP if you just looking to extend the WiFi. 

Literally what i said just got a few terms wrong your making it out like i told him to get another modem his origan post is a gateway / splitter all my posts have been exactly what @paddy-stone said just got one term wrong.