Monitor not displaying anything with new PC

Hey guys, so today I made a major overhaul to my PC. I installed the rog strix b350 motherboard to use with my new ryzen 7 1700. I am using the amd r9 390 video card that I had beforehand so I know my video card works fine. When I boot up my computer all the lights and fans start working, so I'm assuming the power is connected. I plugged my monitor into the gpu with a dvi cable but nothing showed up on the monitor. I tried plugging directly into the motherboard, but nothing happend(I later found out the ryzen has no igpu). I have a Corsair 750w psu that also works. I tried all of the pci slots but nothing happens. I've been stumped all day and really looking for some help, thank you.

PS: I'm typing on my phone, sorry about the wall of text.

Have you tried removing and re-seating the RAM?  Maybe try with just one stick and see if it posts.  Is there a post code readout on that board?

Well, I would say try the other IO on the graphics card... The displayport, HDMI... Etc. If that's not the case plug something else into the monitor and make sure it's working. Try plugging the graphics card into a tv or another display and make sure it's working. If it's only not working when plugged into that specific monitor then I don't know how that could be possible...

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

7 hours ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

Have you tried removing and re-seating the RAM?  Maybe try with just one stick and see if it posts.  Is there a post code readout on that board?

Hi, a quick Google search shows that I need something called a post card to get a readout, which I don't have. I tried using only 1 ram stick, reseating them, still nothing. Everything except the video card and psu are brand new so I don't really want to forkout exta.

8 hours ago, Orangeator said:

Well, I would say try the other IO on the graphics card... The displayport, HDMI... Etc. If that's not the case plug something else into the monitor and make sure it's working. Try plugging the graphics card into a tv or another display and make sure it's working. If it's only not working when plugged into that specific monitor then I don't know how that could be possible...

I tried using the HDMI port instead of the dvi and same thing... nothing. I tried also plugging in a network card to see if the pci slots work or not, and no lights are flashing on it. With my limited knowledge of computers I'm guessing my pci slots are not working, so what exactly can I do?

1 hour ago, Vanillaice said:

I tried using the HDMI port instead of the dvi and same thing... nothing. I tried also plugging in a network card to see if the pci slots work or not, and no lights are flashing on it. With my limited knowledge of computers I'm guessing my pci slots are not working, so what exactly can I do?

New motherboard... If the PCI slots are dead, they are dead. Nothing you really can do.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Here's a few solutions you can try.

Try completely removing the GPU and THEN try the graphics port on the motherboard

Leave the PC on for a while. If nothing happens still after 5 minutes, then the issue is probably not in the board taking a while to post on its first run.

3 hours ago, TheGhastModding said:

Here's a few solutions you can try.

Try completely removing the GPU and THEN try the graphics port on the motherboard

Leave the PC on for a while. If nothing happens still after 5 minutes, then the issue is probably not in the board taking a while to post on its first run.

I tried removing the video card and then plugging in but still nothing happens.