GTX 970 Blower fan and parents problem

Hiya!
9 minutes ago, Pasi123 said:

She (and her friends) sat on the side of a road and count passing cars.

tenor.gif?itemid=6081931

But of course as expected from anime.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

1 hour ago, Hiya! said:

Yes but they are a bit pricey and i dont think my parent will buy it for me.

I can though get a used case but if my parents finds out i am using the money that i am not suppose to it for. I am dead

Well... I guess you're dead. Lesson learned? Or something I guess. You can always try to sell your case and but a better one used or something. It do a work study. Those pay okish. Like 9 an hour or a little less. I am pretty sure they have to pay federal minimum wage (assuming you're in the States).

4 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Well... I guess you're dead. Lesson learned? Or something I guess. You can always try to sell your case and but a better one used or something. It do a work study. Those pay okish. Like 9 an hour or a little less. I am pretty sure they have to pay federal minimum wage (assuming you're in the States).

Asia sadly.

Thanks anway

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Honestly I think the best thing would to be mod some fans onto the heatsink after talking the normal fan/shroud off. If you don't have extra they are cheap on the used market (or new, but cheap new ones are usually bad)

34 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

How do you pay for food and such? Always bank the cash, skip the meal?

Is that a question for me?

My parents always give me a cash for those.

They already allocate their money for me for my needs.

And its pretty limited like they already calculate everything i have like $30 for foods/day and i ate organic twice a day.

The point is its almost impossible unless i skip the meal or didnt buy certain make up.

I mean i can do that but if they finds out  like i said i am dead :P

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

48 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Is that a question for me?

My parents always give me a cash for those.

They already allocate their money for me for my needs.

And its pretty limited like they already calculate everything i have like $30 for foods/day and i ate organic twice a day.

The point is its almost impossible unless i skip the meal or didnt buy certain make up.

I mean i can do that but if they finds out  like i said i am dead :P

Yes it was for you. But I see. 

So your card is a blower style, so it shouldn't matter to much about the case since it's exhausted through the PCIe brackets.... Where and how is your desktop setup? Have any pictures?

It shouldn't be having heat issues by itself like that, so let's see if we can't find another solution.

9 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Yes it was for you. But I see. 

So your card is a blower style, so it shouldn't matter to much about the case since it's exhausted through the PCIe brackets.... Where and how is your desktop setup? Have any pictures?

It shouldn't be having heat issues by itself like that, so let's see if we can't find another solution.

Duh its on the title "blower fan" :P

Well i am in the girls dorm right now and my pc is at home not sure when i am gonna get home maybe next week cause i already goes home 2 days ago.

Maybe i just going to open the side panel and hoping that no one will pour any water to it.

Or get a better conductive thermal paste. like artic silver i heard good things about it.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

1 hour ago, Hiya! said:

Duh its on the title "blower fan" :P

Well i am in the girls dorm right now and my pc is at home not sure when i am gonna get home maybe next week cause i already goes home 2 days ago.

Maybe i just going to open the side panel and hoping that no one will pour any water to it.

Or get a better conductive thermal paste. like artic silver i heard good things about it.

If it's out in the open, and nothing is restricting the exhaust, like a walk or something, you should be ok. If it's in a cabinet, that could also be an issue. If the intake fan(s) aren't pushing in enough air, then maybe.. not sure why you're having issues. You shouldn't.

3 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

If it's out in the open, and nothing is restricting the exhaust, like a walk or something, you should be ok. If it's in a cabinet, that could also be an issue. If the intake fan(s) aren't pushing in enough air, then maybe.. not sure why you're having issues. You shouldn't.

There's no problem its just Loud and hot compared to AIB cards.

But yes My pc is line up againts the wall.

I use this kind of table and my pc is under it.

0002536_acacia-computer-desk_600.jpeg

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

54 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

There's no problem its just Loud and hot compared to AIB cards.

But yes My pc is line up againts the wall.

I use this kind of table and my pc is under it.

0002536_acacia-computer-desk_600.jpeg

In the cubby or out on the side?

18 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

In the cubby or out on the side?

In the cubby right there under the drawer

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

That's your issue, it seems you are saturating the entire area with hot air and the gpu doesn't like it. Try putting it out in the open with lots of breathing room and see if that helps

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

9 hours ago, Hiya! said:

my maid

How about this... ask your father if there is anything you can do around the house to earn money? After your school work is completed? Give your maid the day off, good lord.  

Explain that this isn't a need, its a want and you understand that... and you are willing to earn money doing chores...  

I am a father, and I love his responses to your texts... Take a different approach, let him know you are wiling to work for the things you want... he might play ball.

My username is both misspelled and redundant. Don't take anything I say seriously as I am a moron.     

CPU: Intel i7 4790k GPU: GTX 970 MSI RAM: 16gb of DDR3 hotness Boot Drive: 240gb m.2 samsung 850 evo Storage Drives: 8tb ironwolf, 4tb WD Monitors: 3x HP Elite Displays

9 hours ago, Hiya! said:

Did that every 1 months.

But i never open the side panel its just not safe, my maid or people can accidentally pour some water to it.

My GPU is not idk but when i undervolt even for a little bit the performance will be unstable. Bad silicon perhaps?

Ok dad

anime_cry_sad_rain.gif

But cmon u should have a kids i mean who is going to take care of you later?

There's nothing better than having a family.

2472295-3868289096-Biosh.jpg

lol accidentally?

side panel on or off its not going to do much for accidents

I have ran many of my cases with no side panel on and I have 2 kids

do you even have chores? considering you talk about a maid

1 hour ago, Hiya! said:

In the cubby right there under the drawer

Exactly what Damascus said.

The hot air is exhausted into the cubby, and then gets settled back through the intake. Warm air gets hotter and hotter and you throttle. You need it outside if the cubby and that should battle improve your issues.

Exhaust doesn't make for good intake air.

No need to purchase anything else yet. Blower style GPU aren't garbage. Just different design. If you have poor airflow in your case, you'd rather have a blower and vent the hot air immediately. Otherwise, the hot air will linger in your case and cause more issues.

Pull the case out and leave it in open air. This should make a lot of difference.

39 minutes ago, Damascus said:

That's your issue, it seems you are saturating the entire area with hot air and the gpu doesn't like it. Try putting it out in the open with lots of breathing room and see if that helps

This.

Just a thought, and probably not in any way useful with that card...but...mine with it while you're away? You're not working...your computer is lol!

Yeah, you really need to sort the airflow though. Not a good idea to have it exhausting all around your cubby and back into the case.

Like another commenter said there's bios mods to further undervolt the card. You shouldn't really experience any instability unless the silicon is really that bad. Other option (deadly around these parts, given were PC people) is turn down the quality settings in game a bit to take some of the load off

2 hours ago, dragonhart6505 said:

Like another commenter said there's bios mods to further undervolt the card. You shouldn't really experience any instability unless the silicon is really that bad.

Just lock the clock speed to 1100mhz? then undervolt, You will only get instability if its actually defective or you are using not enough voltage.

I would be doing your research before buying a used cooler, there is a good chance it wont fit on the reference board, so you might need VRAM heatsinks and other things.

18 hours ago, Heffe_The_Boss said:

How about this... ask your father if there is anything you can do around the house to earn money? After your school work is completed? Give your maid the day off, good lord.  

Explain that this isn't a need, its a want and you understand that... and you are willing to earn money doing chores...  

I am a father, and I love his responses to your texts... Take a different approach, let him know you are wiling to work for the things you want... he might play ball.

My father is how can i say?

He's a stubborn.

He doesnt want me to do anything other than focusing on my study so whatever i did i cant convince him to get myself a job.

The only reason he gave that money for me to build a pc is that i promised to study hard and get a good grade which i did.

And i nearly died tried to convinced him in the first place.

But he said to me that i can do whatever i want for myself when i already graduated so yeah i understand his intention.

18 hours ago, Damascus said:

Alright i'll try to put it on my desk see if its help.

18 hours ago, pas008 said:

lol accidentally?

side panel on or off its not going to do much for accidents

I have ran many of my cases with no side panel on and I have 2 kids

do you even have chores? considering you talk about a maid

I do when i am still in a junior-highschool but since my college is far away from my home i dont have a choice but to sleep in the dorm.

And when i am away my maid will clean my room.

18 hours ago, dragonhart6505 said:

Just a thought, and probably not in any way useful with that card...but...mine with it while you're away? You're not working...your computer is lol!

What? sorry i dont understand english is not my native language.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Alright so guys.

I am really thankful for your response it means a lot.

I'll try to do what u guys suggested and come back here next week cause that is when i am going to be home.

Thank you really xD

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

59 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

What? sorry i dont understand english is not my native language.

Cryptomining. Set the computer up to run while you're away and mine Etherium with your PC. Basically you leave the computer on running calculations for science and they pay you for it. It'll make you virtual money slowly and it can be traded back for real money.

It's not hard to setup, but to do it well you need a bit of horsepower. Checking out an average mining rate for the 970 could make you about $20 USD a month. Not sure what the currency or exchange rate is in your country, but here in the US $20 is $20.

I'd do a bit of research on it so you get a better understanding. Not sure how worth it it would be for you to do it or if your father would let you run the computer all day everyday without turning it off. But you would need to get that airflow issue resolved first anyway because your GPU would be running nonstop at basically full power the whole time.

Was a thought. Maybe not a great one, but you could make a few dollars off it and pretty much not do anything for it.

Just now, dragonhart6505 said:

Cryptomining. Set the computer up to run while you're away and mine Etherium with your PC. Basically you leave the computer on running calculations for science and they pay you for it. It'll make you virtual money slowly and it can be traded back for real money.

It's not hard to setup, but to do it well you need a bit of horsepower. Checking out an average mining rate for the 970 could make you about $20 USD a month. Not sure what the currency or exchange rate is in your country, but here in the US $20 is $20.

I'd do a bit of research on it so you get a better understanding. Not sure how worth it it would be for you to do it or if your father would let you run the computer all day everyday without turning it off. But you would need to get that airflow issue resolved first anyway because your GPU would be running nonstop at basically full power the whole time.

Was a thought. Maybe not a great one, but you could make a few dollars off it and pretty much not do anything for it.

Owh so its all about mining lel

No need i already knew about it.

And i decided not to do it since i am too late already.

And $20 a months for running my gpu at 100% 24/7 is not worth it.

If it breaks i cant game anymore as i already promised my parents not too spend any money for pc parts and they will never buy me another gpu if that happen.

So yes i am not going to torture my beloved 970 to work in the mine till death

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Just now, Hiya! said:

Owh so its all about mining lel

No need i already knew about it.

And i decided not to do it since i am too late already.

And $20 a months for running my gpu at 100% 24/7 is not worth it.

If it breaks i cant game anymore as i already promised my parents not too spend any money for pc parts and they will never buy me another gpu if that happen.

So yes i am not going to torture my beloved 970 to work in the mine till death

Fair enough. Sounds like it's going through a lot already. Those things can take a beating XD. Poor thing lol.

You could SELL it and ask daddy for only a few more bucks to upgrade to something like a 1050ti or a cheap 1060?

8 minutes ago, dragonhart6505 said:

Fair enough. Sounds like it's going through a lot already. Those things can take a beating XD. Poor thing lol.

You could SELL it and ask daddy for only a few more bucks to upgrade to something like a 1050ti or a cheap 1060?

Oh yes its been with me since 2 years ago.

We've been through a lot indeed :P

I can't as i said i already promised him in the first place that this is going to be the first and only gaming pc i get from him period.

I am just going to build my own after i graduate.

One day dragonhart6505, One day 9_9

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Just now, Hiya! said:

Oh yes its been with me since 2 years ago.

We've been through a lot indeed :P

I can't as i said i already promised him in the first place that this is going to be the first and only gaming pc i get from him period.

I am just going to build my own after i graduate.

One day dragonhart6505, One day 9_9

That's a fair promise to make. My son's 3 and he is ALWAYS begging to play on my system (Phenom II x4 955 + RX 460). In the next few months I'll be upgrading myself and passing this system down to him and his mother for playtime. They need to promise me they won't break it either xD

I wish you and good ol blowy well =^_^=