GTX 970 Blower fan and parents problem

Hiya!
9 minutes ago, dragonhart6505 said:

That's a fair promise to make. My son's 3 and he is ALWAYS begging to play on my system (Phenom II x4 955 + RX 460). In the next few months I'll be upgrading myself and passing this system down to him and his mother for playtime. They need to promise me they won't break it either xD

I wish you and good ol blowy well =^_^=

Waaaa..!! you are a dad!! i should've behave myself

I though u were a teenager ot atleast a 20 yo'ish dude.

Well yes thank you sir hehe

May your son find happiness with that RIG of yours. xD

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

2 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Waaaa..!! you are a dad!!

I though u were a teenager ot atleast a 20 yo'ish dude.

Well yes thank you sir hehe

May your son find happiness with that RIG of yours. xD

29 in January lmao. 3yo son and 8mo daughter. Thanks for making me feel old xD . Hard to tell from the other side of the world kek

1 hour ago, dragonhart6505 said:

29 in January lmao. 3yo son and 8mo daughter. Thanks for making me feel old xD . Hard to tell from the other side of the world kek

My kid is 8, so don't feel too bad. I like the phenom build. It was my first custom build CPU as well.

49 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

My kid is 8, so don't feel too bad. I like the phenom build. It was my first custom build CPU as well.

U too!??  x-D

Are there anyone in this thread is not a dad? lel

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

1 hour ago, Hiya! said:

U too!??  x-D

Are there anyone in this thread is not a dad? lel

I think there are quite a few of us. Hell, even Linus is a dad. JayzTwoCents is a dad as well.

However, I couldn't tell my son no about issues like yours when I can would go and do the same thing. Granted, I wouldn't have his case in a cubby, but I'd still call BS if he were to try and store some false point about needing something. But he gets my old stuff. He only plays Minecraft and Rocket League anyways.

@Damascus@Ryujin2003@TrigrH

So i managed to get a new thermal paste the artic mx4 since i cant find artic silver in here.

I also move my PC and place it on my desk rather than under than cubby and i move my desk a bit so it wont lines up againts the wall.

I replaced the paste (i use a $5 chinese paste before) with MX4 and run some benchmark.

So with everything set i got around 76'c-78'c at unigine heaven benchmark with ultra preset i benchmarked it 6 times.

And at idle it gives me 38'c temp.

Finally some improvement because before this i got around 80-86'c while playing witcher 3 and it gives me 42-45'c at idle.

But its still Loud although its not an issues cause i wear closed back headset while gaming anyway.

Thank you so much for your help guys xD

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Just now, TrigrH said:

MX4 is better anyway :P

Huh? but i thought the silver is much more popular and more conductive right? because the paste itself is conductive.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

On 11/29/2017 at 2:54 AM, Hiya! said:

Dad : Does it often happen? is there anything you can do to prevent it?

Me : Well i can make it work less harder by turning down graphical settings so it wont runs too hot

Dad : Well thats it problem solved whats the point of this conversation?

Me : But dad even though i did it its still get hot and loud

Dad : So what? you are using that headset of yours,You wont hear it just like when i am trying to call u for dinner from downstairs because you wear that thing and your room has air conditioner, anything else?

Me : Its not me that gets hot but the GPU and it can degrade its lifespan, I just want u to buy me a GPU cooler its just cost $50 please dad.

Dad : Absolutely not you are not wasting more money for that piece of junk u promised me before that you wont be asking more money for a pc parts when i finally give u the money to build it.

Me : Ok i am sorry. *crying internally

I would say that your father and I are on the same page with this . . .

Red: 100% agree

Blue: Excuses

Yellow: This is were you stuck your foot in your mouth by admitting there was already a viable cost free solution.

I have that GPU just  turn down your settings and it will cool off. Also adjusting your fan curve will help a lot as well.

Bottom line I am pretty certain your not going to win this debate.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, SansVarnic said:

I would say that your father and I are on the same page with this . . .

Red: 100% agree

Blue: Excuses

I have the GPU turn down your settings and will col off. Also adjusting your fan curve will help a lot as well.

Bottom line I am pretty certain your not going to win this debate. 

Actually i never won any debate with my family (T^T)

The issues is already been solved see post by me above xD and u are 7 days late :P

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

3 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Huh? but i thought the silver is much more popular and more conductive right? because the paste itself is conductive.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/thermal-paste-comparison,5108-11.html

vs

1 minute ago, Hiya! said:

Actually i never won any debate with my family (T^T)

The issues is already been solved see post by me above xD and u are 7 days late :P

Just now got around to it, Life, Job, Family and Moderating you know stuff  lulz :D 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

11 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

@Damascus@Ryujin2003@TrigrH

So i managed to get a new thermal paste the artic mx4 since i cant find artic silver in here.

I also move my PC and place it on my desk rather than under than cubby and i move my desk a bit so it wont lines up againts the wall.

I replaced the paste (i use a $5 chinese paste before) with MX4 and run some benchmark.

So with everything set i got around 76'c-78'c at unigine heaven benchmark with ultra preset i benchmarked it 6 times.

And at idle it gives me 38'c temp.

Finally some improvement because before this i got around 80-86'c while playing witcher 3 and it gives me 42-45'c at idle.

But its still Loud although its not an issues cause i wear closed back headset while gaming anyway.

Thank you so much for your help guys xD

I'm glad it's better. If you work on a fan curve, the volume could get better. I find a more proactive fan curve helps to keep things cooler earlier. Let us know if we can help with anything else!

Just now, Ryujin2003 said:

I'm glad it's better. If you work on a fan curve, the volume could get better. I find a more proactive fan curve helps to keep things cooler earlier. Let us know if we can help with anything else!

Roger that sir ^_^

Gonna to set a custom fan curve when i get home.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]