What makes a power supply "VR Ready"

Thonorin
Go to solution Solved by WereCatf,
7 minutes ago, Thonorin said:

5a1c29f0ec66a_ScreenShot2017-11-27at9_03_07AM.png.e673bdac207bddb6376c6019ab13ca18.pngPlease tell me HOW ???

Just in case the other posts didn't clarify it for you: there is no such a thing as "VR Ready" PSU. As long as it's good enough to run your system, it's "VR Ready"

Marketing makes everything VR ready.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.

Next we will be seing  Vr ready tempered glass

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

1 minute ago, Hiya! said:

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.

Next we will be seing  Vr ready tempered glass

im sure bitwit has done a sketch on that

7 minutes ago, Thonorin said:

5a1c29f0ec66a_ScreenShot2017-11-27at9_03_07AM.png.e673bdac207bddb6376c6019ab13ca18.pngPlease tell me HOW ???

Just in case the other posts didn't clarify it for you: there is no such a thing as "VR Ready" PSU. As long as it's good enough to run your system, it's "VR Ready"

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

3 minutes ago, ImNotThere said:

im sure bitwit has done a sketch on that

kyle did it? when? sorry i havent watch his contents for a while

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

GUYS CHECK THIS OUT !

C8Ls2FzUwAELS2g.jpg

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

jonsbo actually has a case called the vr 1 or something and at first i thought they must have front hdmi port with extensions or something but no they rotated the wole layout so all io is on top under the the top cover. so they called the thing vr because it has easy access to back io. 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

1 minute ago, Hiya! said:

GUYS CHECK THIS OUT !

C8Ls2FzUwAELS2g.jpg

Not VR ready? That's a shame. I was planning on playing Super Printing Tycoon Simulator End Me 5 on my Nintendo PC VR Edition

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

2 hours ago, Thonorin said:

It must have enough RGB and 5-star reviews on Amazon to be "VR Ready" :P

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

They just throw it on anything they can, regardless of whether it's actually a measure of performance, or whether it's "N/A" so they do it anyway because it's technically not wrong (you can't say that it doesn't support VR either, can you? :P)

Sort of like gluten free water

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

The marketing wank is driven by the knowledge-deficient consumer. To most, the PSU is a mysterious black box that seems to plug into everything. This doesn't surprise me at all. What got me was when they released the VR-edition cards and the only difference was a second HDMI connection that could route to the front of the case. That's just sneaky enough marketing to full the proficient.

- Locked -

The question has been answered.

Continuing to post with jokes in mind is not accepted as it is considered Spam or Harassment.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER