Looking for a specific case

gonzo8927

I will be running 2 hybrid gpu cards as well as an aio

I think the the best config for this (please tell me if I'm wrong) is

3 140mm fans in the front as intake (needs to be open air flow, no panels hindering)

2 120mm fans and gpu rads on the bottom as exhaust

2 140mm fans and cpu rads on top as exhaust

1 120mm fan as exhaust on rear

I know with the ideal set up is more intake than exhaust but with rads blocking most of exhaust the air flow should still net positive pressure in the case

Also with the rads all being exhaust I am not going to be feeding hot air from a rad into my case and into the second rad.

However I am having trouble finding a case that supports this. Currently I have the c700p as the only contender, but its expensive (not including the 3rd cooling bracket that I need to order from Europe which is ~$50 with shipping) but I'm also not digging the look.

If you guys know of any cases that would fit this lay out I would greatly appreciate it.

I would consider the information in this video and in the top comment:

Also, I don't think an exhaust in the bottom is good way to avoid this.

I would just pick a case that can fit all the rads in the front and top, intake from the front and exhaust from the top.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

thanks for the vid, going to go with a phantex evolv, gpu in the front and cpu in the top. Looks like it has enough room for a push/pull on both

On 11/26/2017 at 9:50 PM, gonzo8927 said:

thanks for the vid, going to go with a phantex evolv, gpu in the front and cpu in the top. Looks like it has enough room for a push/pull on both

The Evolv is a terrible choice, it has horrendous airfow, especially considering you're going to be using Radiators. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 11/28/2017 at 11:04 AM, TVwazhere said:

The Evolv is a terrible choice, it has horrendous airfow, especially considering you're going to be using Radiators. 

I found this site that makes a new cover for the evolv that fixes the air flow problem.

https://mnpctech.com/phanteks-case-mods/phanteks-primo-front-grill-en/evolv-vented-front-panel.html

8 hours ago, gonzo8927 said:

I found this site that makes a new cover for the evolv that fixes the air flow problem.

https://mnpctech.com/phanteks-case-mods/phanteks-primo-front-grill-en/evolv-vented-front-panel.html

Yes and these are confirmed to be effective. If you're okay with spending $180 on a case and spending an adition $60-80 each for front and top panels, then theres nothing otherwise wrong with the case. I'm just under the mindset that I shouldn't have to spend extra money on a $180 case to make it functional, therefore I dont recommend it especially when you consider you're now in the $250 case price range and can get something not so functionally inept.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

Yes and these are confirmed to be effective. If you're okay with spending $180 on a case and spending an adition $60-80 each for front and top panels, then theres nothing otherwise wrong with the case. I'm just under the mindset that I shouldn't have to spend extra money on a $180 case to make it functional, therefore I dont recommend it especially when you consider you're now in the $250 case price range and can get something not so functionally inept.

Yeah I hear you and that makes sense. 

Just now, gonzo8927 said:

Yeah I hear you and that makes sense. 

A very similar version of that case is the Enthoo Pro M TG. It has functionally the same interior layout with a different exterior, most notably mesh front and top panels.

7 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

A very similar version of that case is the Enthoo Pro M TG. It has functionally the same interior layout with a different exterior, most notably mesh front and top panels.

came across this last night. 

take off the front and top glass and i think it will work and it looks sleek. I don't think its out yet so i idk the price. The non glass version is 90 bucks so maybe 160-200 price range

https://cougargaming.com/us/products/cases/panzer_g/?urllang=us&url_1=us/products/cases/panzer_g

5 minutes ago, gonzo8927 said:

came across this last night. 

take off the front and top glass and i think it will work and it looks sleek. I don't think its out yet so i idk the price. The non glass version is 90 bucks so maybe 160-200 price range

https://cougargaming.com/us/products/cases/panzer_g/?urllang=us&url_1=us/products/cases/panzer_g

I honestly doubt it will be that much, though with all the extra TG it could be. I would estimate a $130 price.