My computer is not working and I'm not sure why?

Just now, DeemoLeaks said:

Yes, it did not work.

right did you put thermal paste on the cpu before attaching the fan?

Just now, Callum Stringer said:

And about the overheat. When you start the computer you will be in the bios. There you can see the Temp of the cpu if it goes over 40 deg Celsius then turn it of and tell me

Okay, will do. We would need to somehow figure out how to make the computer display show though.

right did you put thermal paste on the cpu before attaching the fan?

Of course, I put a generous amount of it too.

Okay, will do. We would need to somehow figure out how to make the computer display show though.

try plugging the hdmi into the motherboard also do you have other ports on the gpu?

Of course, I put a generous amount of it too.

it would only need a little rice size amount, how much exactly did you put on

try using a different port, does your tv support display port ? but try connecting the hdmi through the motherboard

I don't have any wires for display port, I only have HDMI. I'll try connecting it to the motherboard right now.

4 minutes ago, Callum Stringer said:

try using a different port, does your tv support display port ? but try connecting the hdmi through the motherboard

No, connecting it to the motherboard also does nothing.

okay have you tried plugging it into a different monitor

No, I have not, but my monitor works fine, I have Amazon fire TV on it, which uses a HDMI connection, and it works just fine.

No, I have not, but my monitor works fine, I have Amazon fire TV on it, which uses a HDMI connection, and it works just fine.

okay, may i ask which video you followed while building this, also go through this checklist: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

I used a multitude a videos: 

okay they seem okay videos. make sure to use your manuel when building the pc, go through that checklist keep me updated

1 hour ago, Callum Stringer said:

okay they seem okay videos. make sure to use your manuel when building the pc, go through that checklist keep me updated

Alright, sorry for taking so long I was checking everything. The only thing on the list that is I didn't do was put the right screws in the motherboard, HOWEVER, if this was a problem the motherboard would not be lit up and powering everything else. Overall, my system checks out. I even took out the cooler and put it back completely, which did me some good because now I can HEAR the liquid cooler and I see lights flashing from it, which I didn't see at all before hand (which explains why it was hot.) No display as of yet though.

1 minute ago, DeemoLeaks said:

Alright, sorry for taking so long I was checking everything. The only thing on the list that is I didn't do was put the right screws in the motherboard, HOWEVER, if this was a problem the motherboard would not be lit up and powering everything else. Overall, my system checks out. I even took out the cooler and put it back completely, which did me some good because now I can HEAR the liquid cooler and I see lights flashing from it, which I didn't see at all before hand (which explains why it was hot.) No display as of yet though.

well its good that the cooler works, i would recommend trying a different port (not hdmi) if that doesnt work you may have some broken equipment  

14 minutes ago, Callum Stringer said:

well its good that the cooler works, i would recommend trying a different port (not hdmi) if that doesnt work you may have some broken equipment  

Will try with another port. What do you think might be broken?

On 11/26/2017 at 8:17 PM, DeemoLeaks said:

Will try with another port. What do you think might be broken?

could be something to do with the output from your computer

Remove the graphics card and see if you get any video output from the motherboard.