My computer is not working and I'm not sure why?

12 minutes ago, Callum Stringer said:

chapter 2 page 10

Oh shit I was doing it all wrong LOL

Just now, Callum Stringer said:

keep me updated, and im here to help

Thanks, Ill open up the case right now and fix it, ill let you know what happens next.

25 minutes ago, Callum Stringer said:

keep me updated, and im here to help

Alright, so I'm a bit confused by something, in the photo it shows two HDD led's I only have one, do I put it at the top or the bottom? Also, I don't have a PLED, but I have a bunch of other stuff not in the manual?

what pins do you have (all of them)

Let me check, hold on.

25 minutes ago, Callum Stringer said:

what pins do you have (all of them)

Two Power Led(s) one negative and one positive, one reset switch, one HDD Led that shows both negative and positive signs on it, and one power switch.

9 minutes ago, Callum Stringer said:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3480375/connecting-front-panel-connectors-motherboard.html

have a look at this artical it shows where what needs to be connnected, if it still doesnt work message me a picture and i can tell you what goes where

OH MY GOD, I LOVE YOU. THAT WORKED PERFECTLY. Thank you SO MUCH. Now I just need to figure out why this is not showing on my TV but that's one less problem. Thank you!

is your graphics card firmly inplace?

Yeah, it's working fine as far as I am concerned. the gtx logo is lit up and everything.

4 minutes ago, Callum Stringer said:

okay then have you got the right hdmi input on the tv?

Yeah of course, unless I'm supposed to put a specific HDMI cord into one side and the other, I am using the HDMI imput correctly. I even tested it with another device that needs HDMI and it works fine.

Just now, DeemoLeaks said:

Yeah of course, unless I'm supposed to put a specific HDMI cord into one side and the other, I am using the HDMI imput correctly. I even tested it with another device that needs HDMI and it works fine.

Maybe its a problem with your graphic card output, give me 10mins while i try soemthing

18 minutes ago, DeemoLeaks said:

Does that mean It can be broken? Alright, take your time.

okay, what graphic card are you using?

okay, what graphic card are you using?

Gtx 980 4GB

Gtx 980 4GB

okay now check your ram, has it been pushed into the slot fully?

2 minutes ago, Callum Stringer said:

okay now check your ram, has it been pushed into the slot fully?

My ram is in the slot, but the little (I don't know the name so I'm making one up on the spot) ram clips (?) are not holding the ram. Personally, I don't know why, and I don't know how to fix this, but it's pretty snug in it's place already. I was told I should hear a click sound but I didn't hear any of that when I inserted the ram.

make sure the clips are closed, take the ram out. Then open all the clips. After that place the ram into the slot and push on both sides intill the clips close on them

make sure the clips are closed, take the ram out. Then open all the clips. After that place the ram into the slot and push on both sides intill the clips close on them

The clips are open already holding the ram. I had already pushed on both sides but I was afraid to break it. I'll try again right now.

11 minutes ago, Callum Stringer said:

Okay, just did it and it clipped. Something that I noticed is that my Liquid CPU Cooler is HOT, like really hot. I unplugged the computer and I'm letting it rest now, but is that normal? I don't think that has anything to do with the computer not showing anything on my tv display, right?

Okay, just did it and it clipped. Something that I noticed is that my Liquid CPU Cooler is HOT, like really hot. I unplugged the computer and I'm letting it rest now, but is that normal? I don't think that has anything to do with the computer not showing anything on my tv display, right?

did you test the video output after putting in the ram.

did you test the video output after putting in the ram.

Yes, it did not work.

And about the overheat. When you start the computer you will be in the bios. There you can see the Temp of the cpu if it goes over 40 deg Celsius then turn it of and tell me