27" or 32" monitor

ReyazJunior
Go to solution Solved by dizmo,

I've had a similar struggle lately trying to decide how I want to go when I get a new monitor/system.

It'll likely be 4k, but I don't game that often, and do a ton of Excel related stuff. We'll see though. Who knows, maybe I'll just get both seeing as 32" 4k monitors are now pretty affordable.

In your case, if you don't play really competitive games, I'd go 4k. Though 1440p is still a nice upgrade over 1080p.

11 hours ago, Hiya! said:

For games refresh rate is more important.

Get the 144hz one and enjoy smooth gameplay

Depends on the player ;) Most people I've talked to say around 100fps is where you start to stop noticing the increase.

I am making a new gaming pc.

It has the following specifications:

Intel Core i7-7820X

ASUS ROG Strix X299-E Gaming

MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X

G.Skill TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4×8GB) 3200MHz

Corsair RMx series RM100i 80+ Plus Gold 

2× Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in RAID 0

Seagate 2TB Expansion external hard drive for system backup

Syba Blank Drawer Case for 5.25" bays

Thermaltake Core X5 TG 

I am completely water cooling the build.

The thing is that I am getting an HTC Vive (and thankfully, they will be completely compatible with the upcoming Knuckle controllers!), and this has increased the price. I am not a competitive gamer, and only play casual matches of Robocraft, DOTA 2 and Battlefield 1. I will be racing with the VR headset. So that basically renders an ultrawide useless for me.

Thus I have decided to get a 2160p 60Hz monitor (4K) or a 1440p 144Hz (2K) monitor. Both will have G-SYNC, and the first monitor is from ASUS, while the second is from Acer. There is an approximately 130$ price difference between the two. The 32-inch Acer 4K monitor costs as much an ultrawide monitors from ASUS, so I've stuck to the 27" ones. 32", I found out, will be larger for my desk. Now all I want to know is which monitor to get-4K 60Hz G-SYNC, or 2K 144Hz G-SYNC?

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

5 minutes ago, ReyazJunior said:

I am making a new gaming pc.

It has the following specifications:

Intel Core i7-7820X

ASUS ROG Strix X299-E Gaming

MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X

G.Skill TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4×8GB) 3200MHz

Corsair RMx series RM100i 80+ Plus Gold 

2× Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in RAID 0

Seagate 2TB Expansion external hard drive for system backup

Syba Blank Drawer Case for 5.25" bays

Thermaltake Core X5 TG 

I am completely water cooling the build.

The thing is that I am getting an HTC Vive (and thankfully, they will be completely compatible with the upcoming Knuckle controllers!), and this has increased the price. I am not a competitive gamer, and only play casual matches of Robocraft, DOTA 2 and Battlefield 1. I will be racing with the VR headset. So that basically renders an ultrawide useless for me.

Thus I have decided to get a 2160p 60Hz monitor (4K) or a 1440p 144Hz (2K) monitor. Both will have G-SYNC, and the first monitor is from ASUS, while the second is from Acer. There is an approximately 130$ price difference between the two. The 32-inch Acer 4K monitor costs as much an ultrawide monitors from ASUS, so I've stuck to the 27" ones. 32", I found out, will be larger for my desk. Now all I want to know is which monitor to get-4K 60Hz G-SYNC, or 2K 144Hz G-SYNC?

Personal perference

I went with the 4K and I play competitive Overwatch. I don't regret it.

9 minutes ago, CyberFern0 said:

Personal perference

I went with the 4K and I play competitive Overwatch. I don't regret it.

144Hz helps so much in FPS games...

I would go with 144Hz regardless because the smoothness is just too good.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

I've had a similar struggle lately trying to decide how I want to go when I get a new monitor/system.

It'll likely be 4k, but I don't game that often, and do a ton of Excel related stuff. We'll see though. Who knows, maybe I'll just get both seeing as 32" 4k monitors are now pretty affordable.

In your case, if you don't play really competitive games, I'd go 4k. Though 1440p is still a nice upgrade over 1080p.

11 hours ago, Hiya! said:

Depends on the player ;) Most people I've talked to say around 100fps is where you start to stop noticing the increase.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

8 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Most people just can't really notice once it hits 100+ fps but its there you know.

Although i prefer 120fps if possible cause your monitor doesnt have to interpolate things when watching a video.

[1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15, 20, 24, 30, 40, 60, 120]

[1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 16, 18, 24, 36, 48, 72, 144]

Common video Fps 24,48 and 60.

And with 144hz monitor u'll have to set it 60hz but its a pain to do cause u'll have to switch each time u want to watch a videos unless you okay with that frame duplication thingy.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore