VS450 corsair + ASUS Gtx 1070?

Lennart van de Merwe

Hi, I'm building a pc for a friend of mine. I'm planning on using the following parts:
- intel core i5 7600K
- MSi Z270A-Pro

- Asus DUAL Gtx 1070

- 16 gb ddr4

- Corsair VS450
Now my question is, can the corsair vs450 run this system, because technically it could be I'm not usre so pleas leave your opions on this.

it's poor quality, i'd recommend you go with a corsair CX/M or be quiet pure power 10 instead. also, don't get a 7600k if you don't have it already, get a 1600 and B350 board instead.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, herman mcpootis said:

it's poor quality, i'd recommend you go with a corsair CX/M or be quiet pure power 10 instead. also, don't get a 7600k if you don't have it already, get a 1600 and B350 board instead.

For some reason is in Holland the 7600K only 190 euros while the 1600 is 250 euros. So that ain't happening. But still thank you!

1 minute ago, Lennart van de Merwe said:

For some reason is in Holland the 7600K only 190 euros while the 1600 is 250 euros. So that ain't happening. But still thank you!

see if the i5 8400+z370 board combos are similarly priced. the 1600 can be paired with a cheaper B350 to even out the costs.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

see if the i5 8400+z370 board combos are similarly priced. the 1600 can be paired with a cheaper B350 to even out the costs.

i5 8400 costs 265 and a mobo would cost about 130. I actually intended to go for an i5 8400 but well... I'm on a budget 

11 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

Is the Thermaltake Smart RGB PC-voeding, zwart 500W something better?

3 minutes ago, Lennart van de Merwe said:

not really, the units i mentioned would be better. which website do you use?

not really, the units i mentioned would be better. which website do you use?

I use amazon (DE) but I really can't go above 40 euros.

5 hours ago, Lennart van de Merwe said:

Yes you can. Drop the 7600K to a 7600 and a B250 motherboard and you have the money for a quality PSU. You can't go balls to the wall with your performance parts and then cheapen out on the thing that powers them. That's like buying a Ferrari and then not spending the money on keeping your house warm and your children fed. Your priorities are backwards.

A Corsair CX550 is not an expensive unit and can power your system. A VS450 is a cheap PSU that shouldn't be put near a nice dGPU.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

5 hours ago, Lennart van de Merwe said:

As stated above:  Your priorities are out of whack.

Your expensive hardware doesn't run without power.  So why cheap out on that power and sacrifice the parts that are being powered?

22 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Yes you can. Drop the 7600K to a 7600 and a B250 motherboard and you have the money for a quality PSU. You can't go balls to the wall with your performance parts and then cheapen out on the thing that powers them. That's like buying a Ferrari and then not spending the money on keeping your house warm and your children fed. Your priorities are backwards.

A Corsair CX550 is not an expensive unit and can power your system. A VS450 is a cheap PSU that shouldn't be put near a nice dGPU.

The 7600K is cheaper then a 7600 + a decent B250 motherboard cost 95 euros, the same price I pay for a Z270 motherboard.

On ‎25‎-‎11‎-‎2017 at 3:41 PM, seon123 said:

You can afford a 7600K and a 1070, but not spend more than €40 on a PSU?

The CX450M costs €50, get that one.

https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/486667/corsair-cx450m.html

I'm building a PC for a friend and my task is to get as much power in his budget of 1100 euros + decent monitor. But I'll take a look.

1 hour ago, Lennart van de Merwe said:

The 7600K is cheaper then a 7600 + a decent B250 motherboard cost 95 euros, the same price I pay for a Z270 motherboard.

Well, either way, do not get the VS450. It's a crap PSU.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 hour ago, Lennart van de Merwe said:

I'm building a PC for a friend and my task is to get as much power in his budget of 1100 euros + decent monitor. But I'll take a look.

A PC with a dead PSU, or with a PSU that has killed the rest of the PC, will perform worse than if the PC actually works. 

According to tweakers.net/pricewatch, the 1600 costs €4 less than a 7600K, and the B350 Prime Plus costs €5 less than the cheapest Z270 board. You also don't have to buy a third party cooler. Use that budget to get a decent PSU

:)

On 25.11.2017 at 2:57 PM, Lennart van de Merwe said:

No, stick with the initial recommended ones -> Pure Power 10

There aren't that many good PSU on the market.

ANd chances if you look for something else, you get something rather bad.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"