Complaining to game developer via Linkedin

Rakanoth

I found some of the game developers on Linkedin. These guys worked/are working on some of the games lots of people play, like Battlefield. I really want to give some feedback to these guys as there are complaints about these games, such as heavy stuttering or crash etc.

I find it really useless to complain on the games' forums or via companies' contact form as there are lots of people on online platforms complaining about them and nothing has changed or improved.

As I am going to do that with my real name and face:

1.) this can really capture their attention and persuade them do something about it
2.) or this will give me a bad name (e.g. some guy on Linkedin annoying us about a game that we brag about developing)

What do you think? What can this change? Maybe nothing. But this time a complaint will reach them via a different channel.

It might get their attention sure, but they can't do anything about it.

If you complain on forums or online, and enough people do then they see it. Whether they do anything about it is entirely up to the publishers, because they are the ones paying the developers, so they make the calls.

Publishers more and more these days couldnt give a flying fuck whether you enjoy the game, they just want money (as can be seen with this whole EA fiasco) so doesn't even really matter complaining to them. And they haven't seem to figured out yet that if we actually enjoy a game then we might be willing to spend more money on it, not that if we want to enjoy a game WE ALREADY BOUGHT we'll spend money on it

Best chance is to make a note of the issues online, and hopefully the stars align. Going directly to the source won't get you anything.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I'm guessing most of them are like me and this would do nothing because they haven't logged into LinkedIn for several years. 

Other than that. Don't do this anyways because that's entirely the wrong route to request fixes for issues. Often they know about bugs but they either are working on it or don't have enough information to properly go hunting for the cause. 

I honestly cant see any good coming from this course of action. 

This is like knocking on the front door of a guy that works on the production line at a Coca-Cola factory to complain to him about how you dislike the new flavor/marketing direction,  nobody wants to see unhappy customers of a large business coming at the rank and file employees outside of a work environment. 

1 hour ago, Newenthusiast said:

I honestly cant see any good coming from this course of action. 

This is like knocking on the front door of a guy that works on the production line at a Coca-Cola factory to complain to him about how you dislike the new flavor/marketing direction,  nobody wants to see unhappy customers of a large business coming at the rank and file employees outside of a work environment. 

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

But Linkedin is for work, right?

Sorry but that is a really bad/unprofessional idea.

I work in the quality department for a major food manufacturer. So do you think it will do any good if customers complain directly to me if something doesn't taste right?

Our company has a whole department responsible for customer complaints with appropriate workflows and courses of action (just like all major game developers). It makes no sense at all to randomly complain to workers over private channels who have completely different responsibilities.

listen man i really dont think the reason why they havent fixed it yet is that they didnt see the million posts on the forum.

contacting them personally wont achieve anything and only annoy them. remember this is not the official channel to do that.

lets imagine it wasnt linkedin. imagine you just found out they lived down the street from you. would you go down to their private home and harras them about some game they made not working? as a software developer let me tell you its probably not even their fault. bug only get fixed in order of magnitude. bug where only 300 people experience it wont get fixed if the total user base is 4 million or something

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

- Thread Cleaned -

Keep the conversation on topic.

Continuation of derailed conversation will garner disciplinary action.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER