linus gets ripped on

bcguru9384

Wat vid 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Ermm.. what?

Also, this is very interesting tech news and a nice review to say the least.

Not Tech News. Before posting, look at the different forum section and pick one that best fit what you are about to say/ask.

Thank you.

- Thread moved -

It doesn't really mater. crytocurrency is only speculations. It is extreme gambling.

If you have money to play (meaning you don't mind that it fully disappears the same day), then sure, have fun... if not, then you are in for a surprise.

16 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Not Tech News. Before posting, look at the different forum section and pick one that best fit what you are about to say/ask.

Thank you.

- Thread moved -

thread is labeled as news and reviews

this vid reviews a ltt video

I too had a lot of concerns and issues with Linus' video on this. The choices they made in terms of hardware and setup just didn't make sense to me at all and does not represent the "average" PC owner/gamer out there who might be interested in getting their feet wet with mining. 

I can certainly tell you that my 4770K, 1070 and dual X5650's are profitable. CPUs are mining Monero and the 1070 is mining Ether. Have already cashed in over $200 CAD in the last few months in ETH alone with almost no difference on the energy bill. 

Not sure what Linus and team were thinking when they decided to go so "over the top" with this and use hardware that isn't well suited for it. :/

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

On 11/13/2017 at 9:54 AM, Spaceman20 said:

This is what he is talking about: 

Two things; (referencing the video)

1) Breathe...

2) There is a heart attack in this kids near future.

*edit

3) You talk to damned fast. Slow down a bit I want to be able to understand more than half of what was said.

O.o

On 11/13/2017 at 10:06 AM, bcguru9384 said:

Not quite the same thing.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎13 at 8:06 AM, bcguru9384 said:

You want me to start another thread to review this thread?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

My only thought as I quickly scrolled past that video was that that's one way to get a lot of clicks/views, because everyone knows who Linus is afterall. *shrugs*

Anyone who tells you that you can't do something is unimaginative and probably a coward.

On 11/13/2017 at 11:06 AM, bcguru9384 said:

1. The news and reviews label Sucks as its not for reviews at all.  ( 1,000 posts you should probably realize this but understandably so its confusing. threes actually a review tab aswell.)

2. Video reviews a LTT video is a weird way of considering it a real review as hes just pointing out flaws about how he went about calculating profitability 

3. Your main post didnt even have the video or ANY info on what the hell your talking about here. another poster had to take a guess at it. 

3 hours ago, Alariel said:

My only thought as I quickly scrolled past that video was that that's one way to get a lot of clicks/views, because everyone knows who Linus is afterall. *shrugs*

Yeah and he went a little overboard in general, Though linus's Video was pretty badly explained and or just bad