Best $700 Content Creation\Gaming Parts List?

Chase AC YT

Ditch that Intel CPU. You can get a Ryzen 1600 for around the same price and why are you paying $200 for Windows 10 when you can still get it legally for free? Also, never use Norton or McCrappy. Even the guy who owns McCrappy doesn't use it because he admits it's awful. In fact do not pay for anti virus. There are perfectly fine non paid versions that don't cause the problems that those two paid ones do and are very good at what they are meant for.

5 hours ago, DocSwag said:

You could always use NVENC for encoding and stuff instead.

You'd be better off with some free solutions than those...

TBH, AV shouldn't be something you really need anyways. Install a decent ad blocker like ublock origin and don't go on shady sites and you should be fine. In all my years of using pcs I've only ever gotten one piece of malware and that was because stupid me was trying to get free gems in clash of clans.

Yeah, but I'm gonna be getting Minecraft: Java Edition on it, which I keep telling him has a stable version of Java bundled, cause the seperate Java is famous for its zero-day exploits and whatnot

5 hours ago, johnukguy said:

Ditch that Intel CPU. You can get a Ryzen 1600 for around the same price and why are you paying $200 for Windows 10 when you can still get it legally for free? Also, never use Norton or McCrappy. Even the guy who owns McCrappy doesn't use it because he admits it's awful. In fact do not pay for anti virus. There are perfectly fine non paid versions that don't cause the problems that those two paid ones do and are very good at what they are meant for.

Like I said, it's not my desision, cause my roommate's helping me put it together, and the main concern is Java, even though JE has a stable version bundled with the new launcher. Plus, I was mainly using PPP as a part guide, not so much price

I would just like to thank everyone for your input and support so far, mostly cause I am a complete and utter noob when it comes to this stuff, cause the only gaming computer I ever used was an Alienware 15 R3 laptop

1 hour ago, Chase AC YT said:

and the main concern is Java, even though JE has a stable version bundled with the new launcher. 

we never said anything about that

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

5 hours ago, Chase AC YT said:

Yeah, but I'm gonna be getting Minecraft: Java Edition on it, which I keep telling him has a stable version of Java bundled, cause the seperate Java is famous for its zero-day exploits and whatnot

Java doesn't work on modern versions of Chrome and Firefox.

And that's good, because it's shit.

idk

3 hours ago, Droidbot said:

Java doesn't work on modern versions of Chrome and Firefox.

And that's good, because it's shit.

I'm mostly using it for Minecraft, anyways

6 hours ago, JDE said:

we never said anything about that

I read it somewhere, PLUS I've had experience with the new launcher firsthand

On 11/13/2017 at 8:24 PM, Chase AC YT said:

I read it somewhere, PLUS I've had experience with the new launcher firsthand

I've play minecraft on Windows, use unofficial builds of OpenJDK and it's fine for me

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

16 hours ago, JDE said:

I've play minecraft on Windows, use unofficial builds of OpenJDK and it's fine for me

That's exactly what I read, but my roommate doesn't wanna get it through his thick fucking skull, and admit I'm right

Honestly I think this build would be better https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KKHLtJ only problem is 4gb of memory is hardly enough for content creation and minecraft likes ram so buy another 4gb stick when you get the cash. You need a lot of CPU horse power for streaming so I buffed the CPU to Ryzen 5 1500x. (Your MOBO doesn't exist anymore I think just FYI) MOBO doesn't support CPU oc but I doubt you should be over clocking on a build like this anyway but it has some good reviews. If you can squeeze out 30-50 dollars get a 1050 because it will give you better performance in games. Otherwise yours looks good.

1 hour ago, CGFrog said:

Honestly I think this build would be better https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KKHLtJ only problem is 4gb of memory is hardly enough for content creation and minecraft likes ram so buy another 4gb stick when you get the cash. You need a lot of CPU horse power for streaming so I buffed the CPU to Ryzen 5 1500x. (Your MOBO doesn't exist anymore I think just FYI) MOBO doesn't support CPU oc but I doubt you should be over clocking on a build like this anyway but it has some good reviews. If you can squeeze out 30-50 dollars get a 1050 because it will give you better performance in games. Otherwise yours looks good.

Like I said, streaming will be rare, and I have a USB flash drive AND a 1TB external hard drive I can use, so storage isn't an issue for me, TBH

Save some more money up and increase your budget, you'll cut to many corners if you buy what you want with $700. 

Former Bronze Contributor 

CPU: Intel i7-7700K 4.2 GHz / CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7  / Board: ASRock Z270 Taichi / GPU: Nvidia 1060 6gb EVGA SC / GPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken G12 with Thermaltake Water 3.0 120mm RAM: White Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2666 MHz SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo 250 and 3TB WD blue HDD / PSU: Corasir 550cx / Case: NZXT s340 Elite White 

Im a super Italian. Kapish.

7 hours ago, CGFrog said:

NO.

Why 1500X? Pretty much no difference from cheaper 1400 with OC. Also fire hazard power supply.

To OP: get a higher budget

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

34 minutes ago, JDE said:

NO.

Why 1500X? Pretty much no difference from cheaper 1400 with OC. Also fire hazard power supply.

To OP: get a higher budget

I've seen articles for PCs under $500 that are total beasts and do what I need, to boot

19 hours ago, Chase AC YT said:

I've seen articles for PCs under $500 that are total beasts and do what I need, to boot

You won't get 60 FPS while streaming or recording with a $500 system. That's just impossible. 

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

2 hours ago, JDE said:

You won't get 60 FPS while streaming or recording with a $500 system. That's just impossible. 

Like I said, I've seen them, and they're more powerful than any computer than I've ever owned, plus, yes they do get at least 60 FPS for gaming alone, but with a few tweaks here and there, they can vastly outperform any $1,000 plus rig

Ok, so I'm trading my xbox one for a desktop rig tomorrow (as of writing this) what parts could I get to upgrade it for sub-$500 or so? Keep in mind, I have ZERO CLUE what the specs are or anything, all I know is it's off Facebook Marketplace.