Have you ever been contacted about reviews you've left on products you bought?

The Poll  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been contacted about reviews you've left on products you bought in order to change them?

So just like the title says, have you?

I ask because I've just been called by some guy at a store I buy most things from, and he politely and without directly saying I have to, asked me to modify an old review to a product to which I gave a negative review. Now I've figured that's probably because next week is black friday and that store wants to put that item at a discount, but seeing that it has bad reviews people won't buy it. My review isn't the only negative one.

Now has anything like this ever happened to you guys?

Luckily all the products I've bought on Amazon so far have met up to good standard so I've left positive reviews. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Yes, most of the reviews are positive, but I still give suggestions on how to improve them.  Needless to say, most of the contacts are positive.

Hell, Noctua responded to me on twitter not too long ago.

As far as asking me to change a review, no.  I would tell them to fuck off if that ever happened though.

I have had offers to be refunded or even more product to change or remove my review, but most of the time when I'm contacted from a review, it's to review another product.

Intel i7-7700k @ 5.1ghz | Asus ROG Maximus Hero IX | Asus ROG Poseidon Platinum 1080ti @ 2126mhz | 64gb Trident-Z DDR4 @ 3600mhz | Samsung 960 Pro 1tb @ 3500mbps/2500mbps | Crucial 240gb SSD | Toshiba 4tb 7200rpm HDD w/ Crucial 128gb SSD cache | Corsair Hx1000i PSU | EK 360mm Coolstream XE Radiator | EK-Supremacy Evo Waterblock | EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition Pump | EK-RES X3 150 RGB Reservoir | Primochill AdvancedLRT Clear Tubing | Primochill VUE UV Blue Coolant | Corsair 570x Crystal RGB Case | 4x 30cm CableMod UV/RGB Widebeam Hybrid Led Strip | 3x 120mm Corsair SP120 RGB Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 3000rpm Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A12x15 Fan | CableMod ModFlex PSU & SATA Cables | Asus ROG Swift 27" 4k IPS w/G-Sync & LG UD68 27" 4k IPS w/Freesync |

Yes indeed. Used an online tyre firm after a blowout and it was a catalogue of fail which was reflected in my review.

I got a phone call to apologise and they did ask if I'd consider modifying my review to say they'd been in touch which I did (but the original content of the review remained in place as it was a fair reflection of that experience).

I sometimes write music reviews for some local publications.

I have been contacted by some of the artists that I have reviewed, but most of them have been more than pleased by my reviews. In my experience most people don't mind a negative review as long as you're fair in your criticism.

If anyone ever asked me to remove a review, be it positive or negative, I would tell them to go fuck themself.

I was also at one point contacted by a restaurant that I gave a negative review.

To the restaurant's credit they didn't ask me to remove or rewrite the review, but they offered me a free meal due to my bad experience and asked me to write a new review based on that experience.

Luckily the second time was the charm for them.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Thank you guys for sharing your experience. For me this was the first time I've ever been contacted for one of my reviews in order to change it, and I was really surprised about it, especially considering that it was about a review I've left about a year ago.

As for what I'm going to do, change it or not. I'm not going to. I find it if I would to change it as me being a liar. Of course if I would've made a mistake about it, I would go back and change it. But that isn't the case, and if my review determines other people to not buy that product, I say I did a good thing. The store be damned.