AND Game OF the Year goes to........... GTA 5!

Youbetternot

GTA 5 was crowned game of the year in VGX. Following GTA 5 is assassin creed IV, man RockStar needs to bring GTA 5 to PC. Also Bioshock infinite is crowned best shooter, NBA 2k14 is crown best sports game, and best indie game goes to Gone Home.

5801-057e89bc_680_400.jpg

This probably doesn't come as a huge surprise to many, but here it is anyway. Spike TV's VGX (next-generation of) video game awards was on last night, where the winner of the honorable "Game of the Year" title was revealed to be Rockstar Games' new genius production. Grand Theft Auto 5 stole the show last night, followed by Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag for the best "Action Adventure" game. Bioshock Infinite got awarded the "Best Shooter" award, NBA2K14 the "Best Sports" game, Gone Home the "Best Indie" game and finally, Naughty Dog as the "Studio of the year." 

Source: http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/5801/vgx-2013-crowns-grand-theft-auto-5-game-of-the-year.html

The proof: http://www.spike.com/vgx/game-of-the-year

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Fake. Everyone knows Half Life 3 won in all categories.

wait...... unconfirmed game wins all categories......... more than 3 categories........

Half Life 3 confirmed!!!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

...Seriously? 

MotherboardASUS M5A97 le R2.0, CPUAMD FX-6300, Graphics CardSapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB,

PSU: Corsair CX600M, RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series, HDD1TB Seagate Barracuda, CaseCM Storm Enforcer

GTA 5 was crowned game of the year in VGX. Following GTA 5 is assassin creed IV, man RockStar needs to bring GTA 5 to PC. Also Bioshock infinite is crowned best shooter, NBA 2k14 is crown best sports game, and best indie game goes to Gone Home.

Source: http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/5801/vgx-2013-crowns-grand-theft-auto-5-game-of-the-year.html

Stupid over-hyped game. I honestly never played it, so I can't say anything yet, but let's just say I got no issue waiting.. 

Factoring in that 90% of the GTA votes came from console GTA idiots who are not gamers and just voted for it because they own it. I watched a play-through, and found the story, shite. 

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

To be honest, and completely honest here. I love Bioshock Infinite and i think it deserves a runner-up GotY title, but it is NOT the best shooter because in all honesty the gameplay kind of was average at best. The right title for it should be 'Best Storytelling' or something along the lines, can't think of a proper name at the moment.

Stupid over-hyped game. I honestly never played it, so I can't say anything yet, but let's just say I got no issue waiting.. 

Factoring in that 90% of the GTA votes came from console GTA idiots who are not gamers and just voted for it because they own it. I watched a play-through, and found the story, shite. 

U mad?

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

U mad?

Not too much.. Annoyed to an extent.. You know when Linus gets mad and starts bickering about something? It's like that for me.... 

To be honest, and completely honest here. I love Bioshock Infinite and i think it deserves a runner-up GotY title, but it is NOT the best shooter because in all honesty the gameplay kind of was average at best. The right title for it should be 'Best Storytelling' or something along the lines, can't think of a proper name at the moment.

I would agree with you for Best Storytelling but I don't think that it's the best shooter. I honestly can not think of the best shooter of 2013. Perhaps BF4, even with its problems and bad story? 

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

Not too much.. Annoyed to an extent.. You know when Linus gets mad and starts bickering about something? It's like that for me.... 

So then why did you over react and call console gamers idiots?

I would agree with you for Best Storytelling but I don't think that it's the best shooter. I honestly can not think of the best shooter of 2013. Perhaps BF4, even with its problems and bad story? 

Yeah above the occasional bug and campaign gameplay wise i do think BF4 takes it, you can't deny that it's a fun as hell game when it works!

Yeah above the occasional bug and campaign gameplay wise i do think BF4 takes it, you can't deny that it's a fun as hell game when it works!

I haven't played it yet but I've seen the campaign and played the beta. The MP is extremely fun.

You seem to be saying a lot though... 

Don't feel any GTA theme on the fifth game. They just crank up the graphics and really abandon the GTA theme.

It actually has quite a good story

'Game Of The Year' well that's not too telling y 2013's standards...

2014 Game Of The Year confirmed= Candy Crush Saga 2

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I'm going to quote totalbiscuit.. Bioshock Infinite is an average shooter... With one of the best stories ever told in a game.

I never could watch TotalBiscuit... Never before have I used a spinning-blade-thing while sliding on rails and sending ravens behind the guy I just blew up with a shotgun. That isn't an average shooter.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I never could watch TotalBiscuit... Never before have I used a spinning-blade-thing while sliding on rails and sending ravens behind the guy I just blew up with a shotgun. That isn't an average shooter.

But having few weapons, 2 holsters, bullet-spongy enemies, broken vigors and the Elizabeth perfusion makes it average. By your logic Metroid is the best shooter ever because you get to be a ball.

I'm going to quote totalbiscuit.. Bioshock Infinite is an average shooter... With one of the best stories ever told in a game.

After two playthroughs, it still bewilders me how that game has a score of over 85 on metacritic. 

BIOSHOCK INFINITE DESERVES GOTY.... It is something COMPLETELY original new, unseen, unprecedented, unorthodox, with insane story/gameplay/style by THE Levine. Seriously, it deserved to be rated WAYY better than it is right now. I mean, just look at views of Bioshock Infinite let's plays at then look at the views of TLoU or GTA V let's play..

I play console more than pc and im not an idiot gta v is a great game except for the fact the graphics are pretty bad and at night the shadows and colours are all messed up other than that its a really fun game and the story is really good!