Possible to have a blu ray 1.5m away from ur pc?

zindan
Go to solution Solved by AshleyAshes,
1 hour ago, zindan said:

Is there any speed difference between ext/int ? 

No, optical disc drives are literally so slow that you can barely bottleneck them even on USB2.  Even my LG drive only hits about 30MB/s once it's reading near the outter edge of a disc.  (BluRay discs read faster the closer you get to the putter edge since their rotation speed is constant)

Hello, I wanna buy a blu ray reader but i don't want it to be placed inside the pc it will make it ugly. I want it next to my screen on my desk, is there like  way to do this? With a long cable? Btw I have good cable holes on the back of my case. 

Storm stryker white Coolermaster.

Is this possible? Any known issues or whatsoever? 

2 minutes ago, zindan said:

Hello, I wanna buy a blu ray reader but i don't want it to be placed inside the pc it will make it ugly. I want it next to my screen on my desk, is there like  way to do this? With a long cable? Btw I have good cable holes on the back of my case. 

Storm stryker white Coolermaster.

Is this possible? Any known issues or whatsoever? 

What about external Blu-ray drives that are connected by USB?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

1 hour ago, zindan said:

Is there any speed difference between ext/int ? 

No, optical disc drives are literally so slow that you can barely bottleneck them even on USB2.  Even my LG drive only hits about 30MB/s once it's reading near the outter edge of a disc.  (BluRay discs read faster the closer you get to the putter edge since their rotation speed is constant)