Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best 1080 ti for this build?

richyman
 Share

Go to solution Solved by Princess Luna,
1 minute ago, richyman said:

?

I understand you well enough, well your build as is already should give you a blasting awesome experience, I do really recommend the Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti by EVGA since it is by far the best warranty, the blower style cooler seems important to me if you'll go with this case because of how tight every thing will be, a single fan small radiator is not going to let you overclock the i5 much(if at all, would recommend just setting all core turbo to max) specially if get an open air cooler for the GPU since you'll be generating lots of heat and trapping it inside the case.

 

The bonus is that the FE card's cheaper too, it'll be available at black friday here:

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=11G-P4-6390-RX

Ive seen that performance is pretty similar so since the build is going to be somewhat tight I worry it might get too hot. Which 1080 ti do you recommend for this particular build?

Thx in advanced.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GkHJ6X

PD: I plan overclocking and also don't mind the zotac gpu.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people will say 'get a blower card' but imho that's BS. However, I'd go with something smaller, like a Evga FTW or SC. 

Gaming HTPC:

R7 1700X - Scythe Big Shuriken 3 - Asus ROG B350-i - Asus GTX 1080 Strix - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Silverstone SX500-LG - 500gb 960 EVO - Fractal Design Node 202 - Samsung 60KS7090 - Logitech G502 - Thrustmaster T500RS - Noblechairs Icon


Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - H100i GTX - Asus Prime X570 Pro - EVGA RTX2060KO - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - EVGA 750G2 - 250gb 970 Evo - 6TB WD My Book Duo (Reds) - Inwin 103 White - Dell U3415W - Qpad MK-85 Brown - Logitech MX518 Legendary - Blue Yeti Platinum - Noblechairs Icon 


Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

 

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

 

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, richyman said:

Ive seen that performance is pretty similar so since the build is going to be somewhat tight I worry it might get too hot. Which 1080 ti do you recommend for this particular build?

Thx in advanced.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GkHJ6X

PD: I plan overclocking and also don't mind the zotac gpu.

If you can afford it, I made some changes https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xMwfNN

Moniter is 100$ more, but is 3440x1440

Hyperthreading is good

H80i is better than deep cool

Ftw3 is better

 

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just get a FE 1080 Ti, at the end of the day it performs about the same as any other 1080 Ti, it looks much prettier, its blower style will keep the interior of the case colder and as owning one I really don't consider it loud at all.... but honestly looking at photos of this case I really can't see the appeal of it, looks too tight... I do like small builds but I'd frankly go MicroATX on a Cooler Master Case Pro 3 as it'd allow for a 240mm AiO for the CPU and a simple AiO for a water cooled FE card, much more appealing to me personally.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700KF @ 5.0Ghz (5.1Ghz 4-core) |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490 UD |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX @ 2666Mhz CL13 |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800 (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Thermosman said:

If you can afford it, I made some changes https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xMwfNN

Yeah I also thought of building that but my budget was $2500 and Im going to spend around $2800 considering the shipping will cost me $250 and that I was $55 over the budget already. Thank you for the build tho :) .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

Just get a FE 1080 Ti, at the end of the day it performs about the same as any other 1080 Ti, it looks much prettier, its blower style will keep the interior of the case colder and as owning one I really don't consider it loud at all.... but honestly looking at photos of this case I really can't see the appeal of it, looks too tight... I do like small builds but I'd frankly go MicroATX on a Cooler Master Case Pro 3 as it'd allow for a 240mm AiO for the CPU and a simple AiO for a water cooled FE card, much more appealing to me personally.

Yeah, going itx wasnt my plan (altho finding this case was nice to convince me) but I will move to Berlin so this pc will actually fit in a carry on bag :/ .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, richyman said:

 .

Why not build it in Berlin instead? I know that EU makes deals not as attractive as in the USA but at least unlike many other countries, including in Europe, you'll still find all you want to find available in there.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700KF @ 5.0Ghz (5.1Ghz 4-core) |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490 UD |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX @ 2666Mhz CL13 |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800 (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Why not build it in Berlin instead? I know that EU makes deals not as attractive as in the USA but at least unlike many other countries, including in Europe, you'll still find all you want to find available in there.

Because I'm only going to stay there 5 months and then go back to México (so I would still need to take my pc on a plane) . Also I'm about to enter college so if I become an exchange student in another country or state I could bring my pc with me. Now if you ask me why not just buy a laptop then? I don't enjoy the experience as much, thats what Ive been doing for 2 months and I miss my pc already.

Also, prices are way higher, a dolar for me is 19.1 and an euro around 22.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, richyman said:

?

I understand you well enough, well your build as is already should give you a blasting awesome experience, I do really recommend the Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti by EVGA since it is by far the best warranty, the blower style cooler seems important to me if you'll go with this case because of how tight every thing will be, a single fan small radiator is not going to let you overclock the i5 much(if at all, would recommend just setting all core turbo to max) specially if get an open air cooler for the GPU since you'll be generating lots of heat and trapping it inside the case.

 

The bonus is that the FE card's cheaper too, it'll be available at black friday here:

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=11G-P4-6390-RX

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700KF @ 5.0Ghz (5.1Ghz 4-core) |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490 UD |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX @ 2666Mhz CL13 |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800 (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×