XBox One download 4k assets without owning the game yet?

Kawaii Koneko

Okay, so I chose Quantum Break to be one of my first 4k games I play. I want to download the 4k assets for the game in advance. The problem is, I don't own the game yet. If I order the game on Amazon, I won't have it until the day the X arrives at my house. The 4k assets are something around 100GB!!! I can't wait until the day I get the game. Is there any way that I can download 4k assets for a game without owning it yet? If not, I would have to pay double the price of Amazon at Wal-Mart or Gamestop so I can start downloading now. :(

no. :( 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

No, You won't be able to without owning the game.

Hello

Blah. I guess I'll just have to pay extra for the game. I need something to play in 4k the day my X arrives. I was wrong about the Gamestop price, it is only $10 more than Amazon so I guess I'll just get it there.

It's pretty disappointing they don't have a way for you to download 4k assets in advance of actual ownership. I guess legal issues would stand in the way of that. The assets are copyrighted after all, so they can't just let you download them if you don't own the game. I guess I didn't think of that. I suppose the only way to download them in advance would be if you pre-ordered a digital copy. Then they could, just like how they let you download a deactivated game in advance of release date if you pre-order. I guess us physical copy people are just out of luck. :(

You could copy the files over from a friend's Xbox (or borrow the disc). The size of the download looks to be 77.69 GB, so at least it's not as bad as 100 GB, but admittedly still a lot.

You can still get right into 4K as soon as you get your hands on the console. Games like Gears of War 4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider offer free trials and others like Halo 5 and Titanfall 2 are available for cheap via the Game Pass or EA Access.

Hails from Finland, the land of Remedy Entertainment (Quantum Break's developer)!

10 hours ago, tatte said:

You could copy the files over from a friend's Xbox (or borrow the disc). The size of the download looks to be 77.69 GB, so at least it's not as bad as 100 GB, but admittedly still a lot.

You can still get right into 4K as soon as you get your hands on the console. Games like Gears of War 4 and Rise of the Tomb Raider offer free trials and others like Halo 5 and Titanfall 2 are available for cheap via the Game Pass or EA Access.

Hails from Finland, the land of Remedy Entertainment (Quantum Break's developer)!

Yeah, I don't know anyone who bought the game unfortunately. I just ending up paying the extra $10 at GS.

I didn't think of trying to check for a free trial. That's a great idea. I'll keep that in mind in the future.

As per the update size, it was 96.6 GB. I'm taking it now.

For some reason, I couldn't even play the game without taking it. I've never run into a single player game on console that wouldn't let me play without taking the update, just multiplayer. I find it very odd that I was forced to take the 4k asset download just to play on the normal One.

4 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

Yeah, I don't know anyone who bought the game unfortunately. I just ending up paying the extra $10 at GS.

I didn't think of trying to check for a free trial. That's a great idea. I'll keep that in mind in the future.

As per the update size, it was 96.6 GB. I'm taking it now.

For some reason, I couldn't even play the game without taking it. I've never run into a single player game on console that wouldn't let me play without taking the update, just multiplayer. I find it very odd that I was forced to take the 4k asset download just to play on the normal One.

That's odd. Is that including the data it pulls from the disc, or just the download? My fully updated game is taking 83.6 GB (without 4K update it's taking 47.5 GB). I can't find any DLC for it I might be missing. There's that 75.61 GB free episode pack, which could fit the picture if you game somehow decided to download that too right off the bat, and it's not in fact downloading the 4K assets for you (there's a setting (first tip on the page) to allow/deny that) and you're talking about just the download, not the combined disc+download.

This got surprisingly interesting. Or maybe I'm just missing the simplest thing.