I think i7 8700K isn't worth it, what do you think?

Since when is everyone playing games and streaming at the same time.

Just get 8600k and be done with it.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

I'd sorta agree.

For heavy multithreaded workloads, R7 performs better unless you overclock 8700K to hell and even then, the performance is comparable to stock 1700.

For gamers, 8600K, for an all around user R5 1600/X and for heavy workload user/streamer R7.

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

13 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

Since 27 minutes ago.  Keep up with the times man.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

12 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

Since Ryzen and their demo of streaming performance. Also since Ryzen apparently everyone renders and is a professional editor. 

1 hour ago, mynameisjuan said:

Since Ryzen and their demo of streaming performance. Also since Ryzen apparently everyone renders and is a professional editor. 

ROFL.

My main reason to get a new PC is to play games and stream, but streaming would be a hobby, I mean, I don't want to stream laggy but more important than that I want to be able to play at 144fps to enjoy my 144Hz monitor, and for that my bet is that i5 8600K can handle stream and the game somehow.

2 minutes ago, SecretX said:

ROFL.

My main reason to get a new PC is to play games and stream, but streaming would be a hobby, I mean, I don't want to stream laggy but more important than that I want to be able to play at 144fps to enjoy my 144Hz monitor, and for that my bet is that i5 8600K can handle stream and the game somehow.

This is not targeted at you but in general since ryzen people need min of 8 cores because they all stream and render the day Ryzen was released. 

The 8600k would be fine, I mean I would spend the extra hundred for 8700k and the extra threads if you decide to take the streaming more seriously and like to have other things running. 

This is not targeted at you but in general since ryzen people need min of 8 cores because they all stream and render the day Ryzen was released. 

The 8600k would be fine, I mean I would spend the extra hundred for 8700k and the extra threads if you decide to take the streaming more seriously and like to have other things running. 

I've noticed this too, and I get a kick out of it as well, especially as someone that was struggling with an i5 3570 trying to do the same prior, which drove the upgrade xD

I will keep harping on getting the 8700K.

Spend the little extra and max out the platform, and that will ultimately stave off the hunger for an upgrade for an extra year or two.

To be honest, I would have held out a little longer if I spent the money on an i7 3770K over the i5 3570 and just overclocked.

Desktop:

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

ASUS STRIX Radeon RX 5700XT

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

Elgato HD60 Pro

Sceptre C305B-200UN Ultra Wide 2560x1080 200hz Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

Laptop:

Acer Nitro 5:

Intel Core I5-8300H

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 2666

Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB

Intel 600p 256GB NVME

Seagate Firecuda 2TB SSHD

Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

14 minutes ago, Jon Jon said:

Spend the little extra and max out the platform, and that will ultimately stave off the hunger for an upgrade for an extra year or two.

I am all for this and for that reason I hate budget builds. Spending extra $100-200 upfront will make it cheaper in the long run and an overall better experience. 

I am all for this and for that reason I hate budget builds. Spending extra $100-200 upfront will make it cheaper in the long run and an overall better experience. 

I didn't specify in the post nor in my profile, but my reason to try to get a good balance between perf and price is because I'm from Brazil and prices here are wild as heck. Try to ignore the current name (dollar, real, etc) and multiply your prices by 3.3 and see if the perspective changes.

i7 = (400*3.3) 1320

i5 = (280*3.3) 924

The difference isn't just 100 bucks, it's almost 400. Following this line of reasoning, what do you think about spending $5000 on a PC, does this amount seem like a lot? Well, sure it is, but sadly it's my reality (if you want to get a wrecking PC). 3 whole months of work earning double a minimum wage (or 6 entire months of work earning just minimum wage) will would pay the PC. Doesn't seem similar to $1500, which probably can be paid with 1 month of work earning double a minimum wage.

33 minutes ago, SecretX said:

I didn't specify in the post nor in my profile, but my reason to try to get a good balance between perf and price is because I'm from Brazil and prices here are wild as heck. Try to ignore the current name (dollar, real, etc) and multiply your prices by 3.3 and see if the perspective changes.

i7 = (400*3.3) 1320

i5 = (280*3.3) 924

The difference isn't just 100 bucks, it's almost 400. Following this line of reasoning, what do you think about spending $5000 on a PC, does this amount seem like a lot? Well, sure it is, but sadly it's my reality (if you want to get a wrecking PC). 3 whole months of work earning double a minimum wage (or 6 entire months of work earning just minimum wage) will would pay the PC. Doesn't seem similar to $1500, which probably can be paid with 1 month of work earning double a minimum wage.

I am talking about reasonable builds. Not 2,3, $5000 builds because after $1250 or so performance increases very little. Like yeah its a $400 increase for you but I am sorry about your exchange rate, not my problem or my view of how I view builds. At least in the US spending an extra $100 is more than worth it. 

Also with the price of those CPUs and the fact that you have to save that much money without spending any of it on anything else...the money would be better spent elsewhere

6 hours ago, Simon771 said:

Just get 8600k and be done with it.

I believe since PUBG came out and started gaining popularity

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!