SATA>SATA Extension cables are safe?

VSTOLL

Hello guys,

I have a S340 and I want to mount my SSD on the sled that is located on top of the PSU Shroud, the problem is that my PSU is not modular and it only has 90º SATA Cables so I can't mount the SSD and connect the power cable without pinching the hell out of it. 

I know that Molex to Sata are quite dangerous, but what about those? 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0725KBHDH/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=AQ8OIL3FGVKZE&psc=1

Thanks!

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black | 16GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | Asus PA329CV, Dell U2718Q and LG 65CX | Xduoo XD05 Basic | Sennheiser HD660s, beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Moondrop Kato and Sony WH-1000XM3 | Wacom Intuos Pro M | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Logitech G915 TKL | 2018 iPad Pro 12.9 + Pencil

Some bad ones can catch fire WHEN under high load, but if you are just going to run an SSD on it it will be fine

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

38 minutes ago, VSTOLL said:

Hello guys,

I have a S340 and I want to mount my SSD on the sled that is located on top of the PSU Shroud, the problem is that my PSU is not modular and it only has 90º SATA Cables so I can't mount the SSD and connect the power cable without pinching the hell out of it. 

I know that Molex to Sata are quite dangerous, but what about those? 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0725KBHDH/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=AQ8OIL3FGVKZE&psc=1

Thanks!

There's nothing inherently wrong with using Molex to SATA if you need more SATA connections than your PSU has but there are iffy adapters out there.

Using an extension is fine. Keep in mind to never overload one cable with more than the allotment of SATA connections on the connector.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Thanks guys! I'll get one of those extensions than :)

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black | 16GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | Asus PA329CV, Dell U2718Q and LG 65CX | Xduoo XD05 Basic | Sennheiser HD660s, beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Moondrop Kato and Sony WH-1000XM3 | Wacom Intuos Pro M | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Logitech G915 TKL | 2018 iPad Pro 12.9 + Pencil

Get a crimped one, those are known good.

The molded ones are the one that can be OK or fail in a fiery matter wich also damages the drive...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"