dislike function.

Ashleyyyy

i would like to see  dislike option, or something lke it. the way i see this working, is if someone asks for help, and then another person gives really bad advice, you could vote it down. 

i guess the opposite of the "agree" function. 

She/Her

11 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

i would like to see  dislike option, or something lke it. the way i see this working, is if someone asks for help, and then another person gives really bad advice, you could vote it down. 

It could get horribly abused in things like Tech News and Reviews when people give their opinion and someone disagrees with that opinion. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

that idea was shot down when we got the new forum with multiple "like" options, the reason it's a no, is because you damn well know it'll turn into a spiral of negativity.

the problem is humans are humans, and you know very well people will "dislike" just for disagreeing, even if both parties make very good points.

30 minutes ago, EvilCat70 said:

It could get horribly abused in things like Tech News and Reviews when people give their opinion and someone disagrees with that opinion. 

didn't think of that. i almost never use that part of the forum... 

30 minutes ago, manikyath said:

that idea was shot down when we got the new forum with multiple "like" options, the reason it's a no, is because you damn well know it'll turn into a spiral of negativity.

the problem is humans are humans, and you know very well people will "dislike" just for disagreeing, even if both parties make very good points.

okay, sure, i get that. 

She/Her

It's not a bad idea to have the ability to "dislike" something. However, being able to agree, like, and say posts are informative are a way of keeping positivity throughout the LTT forums. The moment disliking becomes available it will (most likely depending on actual demographics of this site) turn into a toxic dislike haven.

2 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

Guess you didnt read this

• Dislike/disagree button
    If you disagree with a post, you should quote it and explain why you feel the post is incorrect, so that people can see both sides of the argument, and make their own decision, rather than simply seeing that someone doesn't think the post is correct without any context.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I would have understood why you need it if you'd be subscribing to FP. But for forum posts, there's 0 good reason. If you disagree, tell why. If someone is giving bad advice, correct them. For most cases they are just misinformed or don't really know the correct answer.

For video platform there's bit more reason. But Vessel didn't have dislike. Facebook doesn't have clear dislike. Vessel had like or nothing, which encouraged users to give more detailed feedback than just spamming dislike.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv