MY GRAPHICS CARD NEEDS HELP NOW!

Abdullah Arif
3 minutes ago, _SAITAMA_ said:

Umm...

Have you tried running your monitor with a display port in mobo?

i have it halts the system and says add on graphics detected. plz plug in ur display cable in the graphics card and restart your system

um what were you trying to do with your 460 that managed to brick it? do you have two PCIe slots? if you cant boot of intergrated you would need to have two GPUs connected.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

um what were you trying to do with your 460 that managed to brick it? do you have two PCIe slots? if you cant boot of intergrated you would need to have two GPUs connected.

was flashing it to over clock but i thought better of it. then i didnt complete ati win flash. i have two gpus but the other is gt 640. when i plug it in with my gpu nothing displays.btw its dell

Just now, Abdullah Arif said:

was flashing it to over clock but i thought better of it. then i didnt complete ati win flash. i have two gpus but the other is gt 640. when i plug it in with my gpu nothing displays.btw its dell

make sure the GT 640 is in the primary slot, the one at the top, and try that. really stupid of you to not complete the process because you wrecked that BIOS. also check if you dont happen to have a dual BIOS card. im pretty sure there are no dual BIOS 460s but you never know

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

make sure the GT 640 is in the primary slot, the one at the top, and try that. really stupid of you to not complete the process because you wrecked that BIOS. also check if you dont happen to have a dual BIOS card. im pretty sure there are no dual BIOS 460s but you never know

the problem is that my card cant fix at the bottom its too big and touchs the bottom of my case

the problem is that my card cant fix at the bottom its too big and touchs the bottom of my case

then just take the motherboard out of the case

Builds:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

yo bro i took it out and plugged the cards just as you said still no display

10 minutes ago, Abdullah Arif said:

yo bro i took it out and plugged the cards just as you said still no display

and what card is your display plugged into?

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

and what card is your display plugged into?

gt 640

29 minutes ago, Abdullah Arif said:

gt 640

28 minutes ago, Abdullah Arif said:

as long as rx 460 is plugged in there is no display

ok well thats pretty strange, im guessing you have checked that it works with just the GT 640, are there any postcodes or boot beeps that you could use to troubbleshoot?

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

ok well thats pretty strange, im guessing you have checked that it works with just the GT 640, are there any postcodes or boot beeps that you could use to troubbleshoot?

the system boots just fine with  gt 640 but when i turn it off plug in my card with it and then turn on it dose not post

the system boots just fine with  gt 640 but when i turn it off plug in my card with it and then turn on it dose not post

are there any beeps or anything when the 460 is plugged in? if there is a speaker header for a dummy speaker you could probably use that to help out. might be the PSU that cant deliver enough power for both cards

Builds:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

the power button of screen goes brown

1 minute ago, Abdullah Arif said:

the power button of screen goes brown

that tells me literally nothinig

Builds:

Spoiler

are there any beeps or anything when the 460 is plugged in? if there is a speaker header for a dummy speaker you could probably use that to help out. might be the PSU that cant deliver enough power for both cards

no beeps ther power supply is 550 watt gaming psu the pcs a xeon e3 1225 3.1 ghz 

@AlexTheGreatish lol why you here?

1 minute ago, Abdullah Arif said:

no beeps ther power supply is 550 watt gaming psu the pcs a xeon e3 1225 3.1 ghz 

ok well that could probably deliver enough wattage for both. 

although the rx 460s fans stop for a sec aand then start again

that seems like the board power cycleing if thats not normal bootup procedure

a picture of the system might help me out a bit if you can provide one. but im sortof out of ideas. you could maybe flash it at someone elses place with their computer, if you cant get any display out from this one then thats pretty much it.

Builds:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Abdullah Arif said:

i have it halts the system and says add on graphics detected. plz plug in ur display cable in the graphics card and restart your system

Unplug the graphics card and start the system without it for now.

Fix the issue, then put it back in.

How does one even brick a video card?

Try flashing the Rx460 again? Or you could send it in under warranty :ph34r:

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

@AlexTheGreatish lol why you here?

Sometimes see if I can help someone on the forum while waiting for benchmarks and such to run, although recovering an AMD card with a borked BOIS isn't exactly an easy task haha