Best Wifi Card?

Callum Stringer

transmitting or receiving? if you're just receiving then pretty much anything within transmitter range will work.

1 hour ago, Callum Stringer said:

whats the best wifi card to use, how do i know what are better and what are not

It depends on the usage requirements, the environment it will be used in, etc. Will it be used at home? In an office? In a remote location? There is a plethora of possibilities so if you would like to share a bit more about where it will be used then I would be able to give you a more accurate recommendation.

13 hours ago, ChristopherH said:

It depends on the usage requirements, the environment it will be used in, etc. Will it be used at home? In an office? In a remote location? There is a plethora of possibilities so if you would like to share a bit more about where it will be used then I would be able to give you a more accurate recommendation.

More on this - Some wifi cards are designed to work well for reliability(AKA be able to deal with walls, trees, etc) and some are designed for high speeds in low obstruction zones(AKA They work really well if they don't have to deal with walls, trees, etc but they are very easy to block with such obstructions) Their are some other design choices that can be made(such as energy usage, heat dissipation,etc) so please tell us what you want from your new network card so we can give you the best recommendation.

On 10/30/2017 at 3:06 AM, daysend said:

More on this - Some wifi cards are designed to work well for reliability(AKA be able to deal with walls, trees, etc) and some are designed for high speeds in low obstruction zones(AKA They work really well if they don't have to deal with walls, trees, etc but they are very easy to block with such obstructions) Their are some other design choices that can be made(such as energy usage, heat dissipation,etc) so please tell us what you want from your new network card so we can give you the best recommendation.

Right so My Setup is in my room which is in a cellar and between me and the rooter areone floor and there is a nuclear bunker between it so i dont get direct coverage would it be smarter to run a LAN Cable or extend my wifi somehow, I am a it student so i do alot of downloads and uploads but i dont know if that makes a big difference

4 hours ago, Callum Stringer said:

Right so My Setup is in my room which is in a cellar and between me and the rooter areone floor and there is a nuclear bunker between it so i dont get direct coverage would it be smarter to run a LAN Cable or extend my wifi somehow, I am a it student so i do alot of downloads and uploads but i dont know if that makes a big difference

Wired is always better. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.