Assassins creed origins.

Fenixriot

Trying to decide whether to go for this on pc and play at 1080p or on my ps4 pro?

Pc specs?

CPU: Intel I5 4690K | GPU: Asus R9 280x | PSU: Evga 600w | RAM:8GB DDR3 | HDD: WD 1TB | HDD: WD 500GB | SSD: Sandisk 120GB 

Sorry, i7 2600k at 4.5ghz, evga gtx 1070 superclocked, 16gb ram, 120gb hynix ssd, 3tb toshiba hdd.

If you play on console a lot, like if it's your primary method of play each day, then get it on your PS4. For any other reason, get it on PC.

Put that 1070 to good use!

You can get a controller adaptor to play with your ps4 controller on your pc. 

As someone who has a decent PC and a PS4 Pro i got it on my PS4 Pro just for the hassle free sofa gaming experience and i must say it looks pretty damn good, some of the cutscenes appear jittery but in terms of gameplay it looks great.  Plus, i like being able to trade my games back in later on, $10-$20 off my next console game purchase is nothing to be sneezed at. 

17 hours ago, fpo said:

You can get a controller adaptor to play with your ps4 controller on your pc. 

No,no,no.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Your PC will do fine. So its obvious.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I'm running it at 1440p, most things maxed out (shadows, AA, crowd detail, draw distance all at 2nd to max), and am getting constant 60 FPS with v-sync on.

i7 2600k @4.6 Ghz

GTX 1070 SC

16 GB RAM

Also, I've been playing it in Windows 10 so far, but Ubisoft games tend to get better performance in Windows 7 than in Windows 10. I don't know if that's true for Origins, but it's been true for all previous AC games.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

3 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

I'm running it at 1440p, most things maxed out (shadows, AA, crowd detail, draw distance all at 2nd to max), and am getting constant 60 FPS with v-sync on.

i7 2600k @4.6 Ghz

GTX 1070 SC

16 GB RAM

Also, I've been playing it in Windows 10 so far, but Ubisoft games tend to get better performance in Windows 7 than in Windows 10. I don't know if that's true for Origins, but it's been true for all previous AC games.

what voltages have you got on that 2600k? mine is at 4.5ghz on 1.36v, crashes with anything less

15 minutes ago, Fenixriot said:

what voltages have you got on that 2600k? mine is at 4.5ghz on 1.36v, crashes with anything less

I use a voltage offset, so it varies. I think it goes up to 1.416v max, but is currently at 1.064v, with a 2% CPU load.

These CPUs were made in both Costa Rica and Malaysia, with it saying on the CPU heat-spreader where a particular CPU was manufactured. The ones manufactured in Malaysia, on average, need quite a bit more voltage to handle a certain overclock than the ones made in Costa Rica.

My i7 2600k was made in Malaysia. Judging by the amount of voltage you need to sustain 4.5 Ghz, I would guess that your 2600k was also made in Malaysia.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

4 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

I use a voltage offset, so it varies. I think it goes up to 1.416v max, but is currently at 1.064v, with a 2% CPU load.

These CPUs were made in both Costa Rica and Malaysia, with it saying on the CPU heat-spreader where a particular CPU was manufactured. The ones manufactured in Malaysia, on average, need quite a bit more voltage to handle a certain overclock than the ones made in Costa Rica.

My i7 2600k was made in Malaysia. Judging by the amount of voltage you need to sustain 4.5 Ghz, I would guess that your 2600k was also made in Malaysia.

And you would be right lol. How do you do the offset? What settings you got o  it?

20171010_110146.jpg

I use a positive voltage offset, set to + 0.07v, I think. When setting the voltage mode to Offset, it's important to not leave it at Auto while running an overclock, but to choose either a positive or negative offset. Because leaving it at Auto will result in way too much voltage being delivered to your CPU.

Each CPU is a little different, and you'll have to experiment with how much of a voltage offset you have to give your overclock for it to be stable. Be sure to use small increments when increasing the voltage up.

I also have Load-Line Calibration set to 50%. If I didn't have it raised a bit, I would have to increase the voltage offset higher, to prevent the system from locking up any time it went from idle to being under load, due to v-droop.

I think that I've left all C states enabled, and I know I have Intel Speed-Stepping enabled.

I think I have the VRM speed set to 400 Mhz, because a guide I was reading suggested it, though I haven't encountered any issues due to the VRM being at any setting. Other guides suggest 350 Mhz. I haven't noticed a difference in stability from changing it.

I keep reading that High to Ultra has little visual effect....

How does the game run on GTX1070 on High/Vhigh as opposed to Ultra?

Experiences and Thoughts?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Just found this:

https://torrentfreak.com/assassins-creed-origin-drm-hammers-gamers-cpus-171030/

Assassin's Creed Origins gamers are reporting massive CPU utilization. While the game is said to be quite resource-hungry already, game cracker Voksi informs TorrentFreak that anti-piracy efforts are to blame. With Denuvo in trouble, Ubisoft has called in reinforcements which are reportedly dragging down all but the most powerful machines. "It's anti-consumer and a disgusting move," he says.

“Basically, Ubisoft have implemented VMProtect on top of Denuvo, tanking the game’s performance by 30-40%, demanding that people have a more expensive CPU to play the game properly, only because of the DRM. It’s anti-consumer and a disgusting move,” he told TorrentFreak.

Edited by jagdtigger

11 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

I use a positive voltage offset, set to + 0.07v, I think. When setting the voltage mode to Offset, it's important to not leave it at Auto while running an overclock, but to choose either a positive or negative offset. Because leaving it at Auto will result in way too much voltage being delivered to your CPU.

Each CPU is a little different, and you'll have to experiment with how much of a voltage offset you have to give your overclock for it to be stable. Be sure to use small increments when increasing the voltage up.

I also have Load-Line Calibration set to 50%. If I didn't have it raised a bit, I would have to increase the voltage offset higher, to prevent the system from locking up any time it went from idle to being under load, due to v-droop.

I think that I've left all C states enabled, and I know I have Intel Speed-Stepping enabled.

I think I have the VRM speed set to 400 Mhz, because a guide I was reading suggested it, though I haven't encountered any issues due to the VRM being at any setting. Other guides suggest 350 Mhz. I haven't noticed a difference in stability from changing it.

Thanks to your tips i know have a stable 4.7ghz at 1.415v with temps hitting 59 to 65 degrees during gta 5 sessions. Thank you

3 minutes ago, Fenixriot said:

Thanks to your tips i know have a stable 4.7ghz at 1.415v with temps hitting 59 to 65 degrees during gta 5 sessions. Thank you

Ugh, are you sure you want your CPU to die sooner? 9_9

1 hour ago, jagdtigger said:

Ugh, are you sure you want your CPU to die sooner? 9_9

I think their CPU will be fine. A max temp of  65 C is well within safe ranges, and that 1.415v should be only under full load. I'm guessing that it idles around 1.000v.

14 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

I think their CPU will be fine. A max temp of  65 C is well within safe ranges, and that 1.415v should be only under full load. I'm guessing that it idles around 1.000v.

That wont change the fact that the CPU will degrade faster under (near) full load... My 4670k could run at 4,7 GHz above 1,4V  but i dont think that extra 200 MHz worth the shorter life span.

9 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

That wont change the fact that the CPU will degrade faster under (near) full load... My 4670k could run at 4,7 GHz above 1,4V  but i dont think that extra 200 MHz worth the shorter life span.

Haswell is 22nm, while Sandy Bridge is 32nm, which means that the 2600k can safely handle more voltage than a 4670k. And people have run these 2500k and 2600k at constant manual 1.4v for many years without reported signs of performance degradation.

The heat caused by voltage is the biggest factor in how fast a CPU degrades, and so long as Fenixriot's CPU's temperatures are below 70C, I think they have nothing to worry about.

4 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

Well it idles at 0.886v, and i dont exactly have it running 24/7 anyway, maybe a couple hours a day, so i wouldnt tgink it would do any harm.