Can my pc run 4 monitors?

AnhAnh

Hi guys, I'm planning on buying 3 more monitors to build a trading pc setup.

This is my current pc built:

Asrock B150M Pro4

Core i3 4160

8gb of RAM

Inno3D GTX750ti 2GB

450W power supply

Current monitor: Dell U2312HM

I'm planning to buy 3 LG 23MP65 and create a 4 monitors setup. the 3 LGs will be lined up with each other at the bottom and the Dell will sit on top at the middle.

both my VGA and MB has 3 display outputs. I'm planning to use both the VGA and the on-board graphic. it can be 2 on each or 1 on the on-board and 3 on the VGA.

all of the 4 monitors will be running at 1080p. since i'm not gaming and focusing mainly on reading charts and some office work, will this system be able to run 4 monitors without any problems?

Yes, it can. You also may look at 2 ultrawide, our video editor in office switched from 4 23" monitors to 2 ultrawide. But maybe for trading 4 would be better...

for non gaming that should be fine.

i assume with trading you mean trading stocks?

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

20 hours ago, johnjohns111 said:

Yes, it can. You also may look at 2 ultrawide, our video editor in office switched from 4 23" monitors to 2 ultrawide. But maybe for trading 4 would be better...

i've looked at that option but it would be too expensive. 2 LG 29" would cost me about $700 while I can buy 3 used 23" for about $300 total. 

and I also want to separate the contents between trading windows and other things on the top screen

19 hours ago, Pixel5 said:

for non gaming that should be fine.

i assume with trading you mean trading stocks?

I'm in forex but maybe I will try srock later this year 

actually I do play game, sometimes I play HOMM3, still in love with this legend

8 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

I have in total 2 HDMI, 3 DVI and 1 VGA

thanks for the recommendation though 

with these connectors you will not be able to run 4 displays unless you GPU is specifically made for this as DVI and HDMI share the same clock signal which is typically not able to drive more than 2-3 screens at once.

beside this you should know that looking at charts and stuff for stock trading has no real value as historical stock performance doesnt mean anything in terms of future stock performance.

if you actually want to earn money while keeping the risk low just invest in ETFs and be done with it.

3 hours ago, Pixel5 said:

with these connectors you will not be able to run 4 displays unless you GPU is specifically made for this as DVI and HDMI share the same clock signal which is typically not able to drive more than 2-3 screens at once.

beside this you should know that looking at charts and stuff for stock trading has no real value as historical stock performance doesnt mean anything in terms of future stock performance.

if you actually want to earn money while keeping the risk low just invest in ETFs and be done with it.

actually i'm in forex and looking at charts does work on analysis. although i'm new in this, I have made some profit and now I want to up my game