Apple paid its lawyers over $60 million to beat Samsung in court

Youbetternot

Wow 60 million dollars just to win a court case against Samsung. I wish I had 60 million to spend.

apple_china.jpg

The damages retrial for last year's Apple vs. Samsung legal battle recently wrapped, and new court documents reveal how much Cupertino paid its legal team to get its wins: over $60 million. The revelations come as Apple requests that Samsung reimburse a portion of those legal costs. According to recent court filings, Apple wants its rival to pay a third of that, coming out to more than $15.7 million in attorney's fees — and that's on top of the over $6.2 million in trial-related costs Samsung is already on the hook for.

Apple primarily employed two law firms for its case: Morrison & Foerster, LLP handled the offensive side of the battle, while Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr, LLP covered the company's defense against Samsung's own claims of patent infringement. According to the documents, WilmerHale billed for around $2 million, where Apple expects to pay Morrison & Foerster $60 million all on its own — and that's with the fee reduced due to the firm's longstanding relationship with Apple. "Apple's in-house attorneys managed this case to a very disciplined budget," attorney Rachel Krevans writes in the filing. "As a result of all of these efforts and reductions, the hours underlying the fees at issue are reasonable." While reimbursing attorney's fees isn't a given in these kinds of cases, Apple is arguing that it's entitled to the payout under the Lanham Act due to what it characterizes as Samsung's "willful" misconduct.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/6/5182736/apple-paid-its-lawyers-over-60-million-to-beat-samsung-in-court

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

I wish I had 60 million to spend.

You are talking about:

Apple_gray_logo.png

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

That's nothing (at least for apple)

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

$60 million on a large scale pissing contest

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

Apple paying more to keep their logoHD%20apple%20logo%205.jpg

Character artist in the Games industry.

Of course you will pay you lawyers to win ... And it cheaper to pay that then it is to pay the fines if you lost

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Apple will steal as many ideas as it takes to make them look like the big guys.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

They have the cash to spend to defend themselves, but not enough to actually innovate. Kinda sad.

They have the cash to spend to defend themselves, but not enough to actually innovate. Kinda sad.

Haha that's so funny, but its true.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

that what happens whit 150 billions of cash

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

60M for 1B? Only a retard would think that it is not worth it

Main System - 2016 13"nTB MBP 256GB

Gaming Rig - 4790K, 16GB RAM, 1080Ti
Monitor - Dell 25" U2515H

K/B & M - Ducky One TKL, Logitech MX Master & G900

Audio - JDS Labs The Element, Aktimate Mini B+, Krix Seismix 3 Mk6, Ultrasone Pro 900