What are the cause of input lag? especially in high end gaming keyboard

Hans Yulian

Background:

I have a Logitech G910 Orion Spark keyboard, and when playing game or doing programming, sometimes i press enter but somehow it doesn't register. Now, i already change motherboard and CPU for some time and i forgotten that this issue exists in my previous machine. Both my current and previous one are Intel X series, but the problem is the previous motherboard had chip issue causing blue screen and I claimed the warranty and they changed some chips, yet still have some minor issue such as random boot failure.

Question

- What are the real causes of input lags?

- It seems my previous motherboard have issue with the power, even though the power supply is more than sufficient. Seems like the chips still faulty in managing power, does this causes insufficient power to usb and insufficient power to USB can cause random input lag?

Thank You.

So your Enter-key doesn't register?
Couldn't it just be a defective switch?

Your problem has nothing to do with input lag. There is something wrong either with the keyboard or USB port.

Anyway, input lag is affected by the polling rate of the input devices, FPS, screen, any interference (if you use wireless).

sometimes it's not only the enter key, and now when i already change to new machine, the problem never appear anymore, so i believe it's not the keyboard problem, i more suspecting the motherboard problem

By the way it's not input lag, i should say that the input doesn't register, is this confirmed that the problem of usb powering the keyboard?