NEW! Which of these 4, 240hz monitor should I pick?

Dunzaus
Go to solution Solved by Dunzaus,
35 minutes ago, johnjohns111 said:

Thanks for the link. I'm going with the Acer DEMO one. I hope that the light isn't low as some say. Thanks for the help to those who posted relevant information to this post! :)

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR OPINIONS IF THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 144HZ AND 240HZ. THIS POST ISN'T ABOUT THAT, SO PLEASE DON'T COMMENT ON IT.

So, I want a 240hz monitor for CS:GO, and I have found 4. I have been trying to read reviews and want the best, but I don't want to pay overprice for something that doesn't matter at a steady 240hz, like G-Sync and ULMB, though it could be nice for other games. I want the best panel and even though some of them is supposed to have the same panel, Tomshardware claim that Asus got the best, compared to the Acer one. 

Some also claim that there's slightly more input lag between them and that Asus got a less blurry image at 240hz than the cheap AOC one, which seems Very important, since you are basicly paying for ''Smoothness'' when you are going for 240hz monitor, claimed by these guys: https://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3584

So, I technically got the money for the most expensive of these monitors by November 1st, but I'm also a ''best bang for buck'' kinda guy, which is why I got the OnePlus 3, when it came out. But I will pay extra for something better, though the Asus one is very overpriced, even with it's pricecuts since release, but if I get an actual benefit out of picking that, at 240hz in CS:GO and a better panel, then I might pick that one.

The monitors and their price (I'm from Denmark so things will be overpriced, compared to some other country's) :

I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR OPINIONS IF THERE'S A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 144HZ AND 240HZ. THIS POST ISN'T ABOUT THAT, SO PLEASE DON'T COMMENT ON IT.

ASUS ROG Swift PG258Q: 4349 DDK = 687,18$

Acer Predator XB252Q: 3432 DDK = 677,85$ , though there is a DEMO version at the most trusted retailer for: 564,88$ !!!

Viewsonic XG2530: 3795 DDK = 599,64$

AOC AG251FZ: 2915 DDK = 460,59$

Hope that you can help :)

Just pick the cheapest. They are all TN and you would have to be crazy to pay $200 more for the same TN bullshit. Just make sure they are tue 240Hz and not 120Hz with some magic like EIZO did a few years back.

EDIT:

I don't think that the AOC one has G-Sync though, so if you want G-Sync, watch out for that.

EDIT2:

Yep, it has Free-Sync, not G-Sync, makes sense why it is so much cheaper.

@Dunzaus I'm gonna be honest here I know your looking for a 240Hz monitor. Like WereCat explained just go for the cheapest one. But take into consideration does any of the games you wanna play able to run at 240Hz? As if they don't you have basically wasted money on a monitor that wont be worth while until a few months down the line when most games will be made compatible with 240Hz.  Feel free to waste your money for 240Hz monitor As you stated it's your decision but upon asking. my personal recommendation wouldn't be not to bother with 240Hz in the mean while until more releases are capable of supporting the full 240Hz.

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

Just now, Alex Colson said:

@Dunzaus I'm gonna be honest here I know your looking for a 240Hz monitor. Like WereCat explained just go for the cheapest one. But take into consideration does any of the games you wanna play able to run at 240Hz? As if they don't you have basically wasted money on a monitor that wont be worth while until a few months down the line when most games will be made compatible with 240Hz.  Feel free to waste your money for 240Hz monitor As you stated it's your decision but upon asking. my personal recommendation wouldn't be not to bother with 240Hz in the mean while until more releases are capable of supporting the full 240Hz.

Please read my whole post before commenting

Just now, Dunzaus said:

Please read my whole post before commenting

I Did read the whole post. you came to the forum to ask of an opinion on the monitors which I gave, You might as well go for the cheapest one but at the same time I simply mentioned 240Hz isn't worth while at the current time. 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

I Did read the whole post. you came to the forum to ask of an opinion on the monitors which I gave, You might as well go for the cheapest one but at the same time I simply mentioned 240Hz isn't worth while at the current time. 

And in my post I keep mentioning CS:GO, which is the game that benefits most from 240hz

2 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

And I came to this forum to get opinons of which of those specific monitor to buy, not just opnions in general. This isn't about if 240hz is worth is or not, Linus and others has already stated that it is, for specific games, if you care about having the fastest of the fastest, so you are basicly arguing something that isn't relevant at all, in this post

2 minutes ago, Dunzaus said:

And in my post I keep mentioning CS:GO, which is the game that benefits most from 240hz

I took that into consideration, But like I mentioned their is no point coining that much just to reap the benefits from a single game. But as mentioned that was my personal opinion if your ignoring that then look to what I mentioned as your best choice

Just now, Dunzaus said:

And I came to this forum to get opinons of which of those specific monitor to buy, not just opnions in general. This isn't about if 240hz is worth is or not, Linus and others has already stated that it is, for specific games, if you care about having the fastest of the fastest, so you are basicly arguing something that isn't relevant at all, in this post

Hey I gave you my opinion on the post which was get the cheapest one. 

And then I gave my personal opinion which is where 240Hz isn't worth forking out for a single game. 

The main thing is IT'S AN OPINION  you don't need to take it to heart or consider it. 

Hey I gave you my opinion on the post which was get the cheapest one. 

And then I gave my personal opinion which is where 240Hz isn't worth forking out for a single game. 

The main thing is IT'S AN OPINION  you don't need to take it to heart or consider it. 

But it also has to be based on facts and it has been proven that there's a difference, so why do you think that it's relevant and why do you still have such a opinion, if it's been proven that in CS:GO there Is a difference? Granted you did ask which games I was going to play, but you didn't bother to read the post before you started blabbering, because then you would have known the answer to your question

5 minutes ago, Dunzaus said:

But it also has to be based on facts and it has been proven that there's a difference, so why do you think that it's relevant and why do you still have such a opinion, if it's been proven that in CS:GO there Is a difference? Granted you did ask which games I was going to play, but you didn't bother to read the post before you started blabbering, because then you would have known the answer to your question

I Never said that CS:GO wouldn't work with the 240Hz WHICH as stated below from my first post Go for the cheapest one.

19 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

@Dunzaus I'm gonna be honest here I know your looking for a 240Hz monitor. Like WereCat explained just go for the cheapest one. 

I have merely given my opinion that for a single game which in your case is CS:GO it isn't worth forking out more cash for it. 

EDIT: your posting on a forum to help you make a decision between 4 monitors. which can be done by extensive research. All I have done is state why I don't think going for a 240Hz for a single game is worth it. I apologies if I have agitated you but I was merely speaking freely 

1 minute ago, Alex Colson said:

I Never said that CS:GO wouldn't work with the 240Hz WHICH as stated below from my first post Go for the cheapest one.

I have merely given my opinion that for a single game which in your case is CS:GO it isn't worth forking out more cash for it. 

But it supports 240hz and clearly benefits from it, so why isn't it worth it?

And again, that's not what this thread was about, so why did you start talking about that to begin with?

Just now, Dunzaus said:

But it supports 240hz and clearly benefits from it, so why isn't it worth it?

And again, that's not what this thread was about, so why did you start talking about that to begin with?

I started talking about it because it prevents you from spending money aimlessly for peripherals on a single game. As mentioned its my opinion on the matter if you choose to ignore it feel free. Secondly If I have caused any agitation due to this I am sorry. I merely posted what I thought would help you make a better choice  

2 minutes ago, thebinderclip_ said:

You know your MG1 account isn't gonna be LEM with a 240hz monitor 

*Sigh* Gold life for me :/ Then again I don't play the game competitively in the way of climbing ranks. It's a Game ENJOY IT :D

I started talking about it because it prevents you from spending money aimlessly for peripherals on a single game. As mentioned its my opinion on the matter if you choose to ignore it feel free. Secondly If I have caused any agitation due to this I am sorry. I merely posted what I thought would help you make a better choice  

Did you see the huge black letters that said that I didn't care about that and you said it anyway to ''help'' me?

1 minute ago, Alex Colson said:

*Sigh* Gold life for me :/ Then again I don't play the game competitively in the way of climbing ranks. It's a Game ENJOY IT :D

You can do both at the same time you know

Just now, Dunzaus said:

Did you see the huge black letters that said that I didn't care about that and you said it anyway to ''help'' me?

I Said it to help you in the sense of not wasting money on a 240Hz monitor which in a years time or less could drop in pricing as it becomes more common.

Just now, Dunzaus said:

You can do both at the same time you know

I Can but I couldn't enjoy the  game when I was focused on winning too much, you get frustrated when your on a lose streak and that affects your gameplay as you make stupider decisions. If I ignore the fact about rank and just play to win I enjoy the game if I win or Lose because I ain't fretting over a measly Game Rank 

I Can but I couldn't enjoy the  game when I was focused on winning too much, you get frustrated when your on a lose streak and that affects your gameplay as you make stupider decisions. If I ignore the fact about rank and just play to win I enjoy the game if I win or Lose because I ain't fretting over a measly Game Rank 

''stupider'' ? xD

Just now, Dunzaus said:

''stupider'' ? xD

Dumb then. if you gonna nit pick at my grammar. 

@Dunzaus You have answered already "Some also claim that there's slightly more input lag between them and that Asus got a less blurry image at 240hz than the cheap AOC one" you need the lowest lag that is possible for cybersports

2 minutes ago, johnjohns111 said:

You have answered already "Some also claim that there's slightly more input lag between them and that Asus got a less blurry image at 240hz than the cheap AOC one" you need the lowest lag that is possible for cybersports

That still leaves the Acer and Viewsonic of though. I don't know if they are more blurry that the Asus one

35 minutes ago, johnjohns111 said:

Thanks for the link. I'm going with the Acer DEMO one. I hope that the light isn't low as some say. Thanks for the help to those who posted relevant information to this post! :)