Help with monitor adapter.

gil silva

I own an Asus g752vs and I recently purchased an monitor the standard 1080p144hz Vg248qe so I could have two monitors with the laptop one.  For my dumbness for not checking I noticed that when I went to plug in my hdmi and open Nvidia control panel it would only run 60hz. Then I realized the hdmi in the monitor is 1.4 and not 2.0. Now I'm curious to know if there is an adapter who can run thunderbolt into display port cause I have the output and obviously the monitor has it. If there's such an adapter or if such things is possible it would be awesome if someone cud link me it. Thanks in advance. 

Mini display port to display port, plug the mini end into your thunderbolt.

15 minutes ago, gil silva said:

Forgot to mention it's thunderbolt 3.1

Plugable makes all kinds of thunderbolt adapters, I believe this dual one supports up to 2 4k 60hz displays, just gotta double check that.

http://plugable.com/products/tbt3-dp2x

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 hour ago, gil silva said:

I own an Asus g752vs and I recently purchased an monitor the standard 1080p144hz Vg248qe so I could have two monitors with the laptop one.  For my dumbness for not checking I noticed that when I went to plug in my hdmi and open Nvidia control panel it would only run 60hz. Then I realized the hdmi in the monitor is 1.4 and not 2.0. Now I'm curious to know if there is an adapter who can run thunderbolt into display port cause I have the output and obviously the monitor has it. If there's such an adapter or if such things is possible it would be awesome if someone cud link me it. Thanks in advance. 

Check the thread pinned at the top:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/729232-guide-to-display-cables-adapters-v2/

I also have an hdmi 2.0 output would it be able to run display port to do 144hz?

Uh I will try I think I'm just gonna get In contact with my local store and ask them if they guarantee it will work and if it does I will just buy it from them