Can i take my pc with me to airport ?

Anas Dweik
Just now, Donut417 said:

Depends what country your going to.

Turkey

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Depends what country your going to.

You can probably leave everything excpet for hdd and gpu and maybe cpu cooler in infrequent cases.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

Just now, Vandorlot said:

You can probably leave everything excpet for hdd and gpu and maybe cpu cooler in infrequent cases.

Like take the gpu and hdd out

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

Just now, Anas Dweik said:

Turkey

Not sure how security is handled there. Not sure how duty is handled. So I really cant help. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

In check baggage, computers don't have to be taken apart for additional scanning, that only applies to laptops that are carried on. You won't carry on your PC so it should be fine but I suggest taking out the expensive components and putting them in the original boxes if you still have them. PC cases aren't designed to be shipped and the parts aren't usually held on well enough for this type of transport. 

But the CPU should be okay, your GPU might be better off packed separately since its heavy and not held well, and probably expensive.

-Amy Miyake

3 minutes ago, KawaiiRaven said:

In check baggage, computers don't have to be taken apart for additional scanning, that only applies to laptops that are carried on. You won't carry on your PC so it should be fine but I suggest taking out the expensive components and putting them in the original boxes if you still have them. PC cases aren't designed to be shipped and the parts aren't usually held on well enough for this type of transport. 

But the CPU should be okay, your GPU might be better off packed separately since its heavy and not held well, and probably expensive.

are you sure about it ?

are you sure about it ?

Yes, with my experience of transporting my PC from California to Hawaii, it's all good in the USA. I can't speak for any other country's regulation or airline. I was on United. Some airlines have weight limits or additional policy (Like batteries for example).

But a PC is perfectly legal to be transported on luggage in the United States. (Oh you might want to empty liquid from liquid coolers)

-Amy Miyake

Just now, KawaiiRaven said:

Yes, with my experience of transporting my PC from California to Hawaii, it's all good in the USA. I can't speak for any other country's regulation or airline. I was on United. Some airlines have weight limits or additional policy (Like batteries for example).

But a PC is perfectly legal to be transported on luggage in the United States. (Oh you might want to empty liquid from liquid coolers)

okay thank you very much

okay thank you very much

If it's very expensive and you don't need it immediately, it's better to mail yourself the expensive parts and bring the case. GPUs and CPUs are small and shouldn't cost much to mail

-Amy Miyake

Just now, KawaiiRaven said:

If it's very expensive and you don't need it immediately, it's better to mail yourself the expensive parts and bring the case. GPUs and CPUs are small and shouldn't cost much to mail

what do mean in it's very expensive i have to pay customs in airport  ? so better to mail them ?

3 hours ago, DocSwag said:

HDDs are actually fairly sturdy. They can only be easily damaged when they're running (because the read write head is out in the open, so sudden impacts could cause it to puncture the platters). When not on they're surprisingly sturdy.

Of course, if OP wants to play it safe they could remove them and store them separately.

True but better safe than sorry ;)

Perfect thread, was about to start one just like this myself. I'll also be taking my old build apart and am thinking of carrying the mobo/chip/ram as carry on luggage and check in the psu, hdds and cooler but don't want them poking around in my bag if it looks a bit suspicious on their scanners, a psu with all those cables, an aio cooler.. bomb like ?

Is it safe to do that anyway, gets pretty cold down there in the hold, can snap guitar strings and mess with the finish if not in a proper hard gig bag. Not to mention airport handlers who are not very gentle handling luggage. Ideas ?