Can i take my pc with me to airport ?

Anas Dweik

Hi Guys. 

I am leaving my country soon to a new country , can i take my pc with me to airport ? if yes shall i take it a part ? without case ?

did you try that before ? my pc have 2 radiator 1 for gpu 1 for cpu . 

or do you  have better to take it ?

Oooo... wouldn't trust airport handling. I'd pack it well and get it shipped separately.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

Like check it in the airport for your flight? Or take it on the plane with you?

Just now, LtStaffel said:

Oooo... wouldn't trust airport handling. I'd pack it well and get it shipped separately.

i live in palestine we don't have shipping xDD i know thats weird but thats my country  

1 minute ago, mpsparrow said:

Like check it in the airport for your flight? Or take it on the plane with you?

like part in the bag 

Just now, Anas Dweik said:

like part in the bag 

Ok, then make sure that you pack it very very very well. Get some foam or old towels or something and pack it inside the computer and all around it. Maybe put the computer in a suitcase or some bag that has a hard outer shell so that it stays protected. I would also take the GPU out and put it in a separate bag or spot so that it doesn't get tossed around and damaged.

I've done that several times. Disassemble everything without case and put it into my suitcase (except HDDs). No problems.

Just now, mpsparrow said:

Ok, then make sure that you pack it very very very well. Get some foam or old towels or something and pack it inside the computer and all around it. Maybe put the computer in a suitcase or some bag that has a hard outer shell so that it stays protected. I would also take the GPU out and put it in a separate bag or spot so that it doesn't get tossed around and damaged.

i am allowed to carry it ? like customs ? no one going to talk to me ?

1 minute ago, Niksa said:

I've done that several times. Disassemble everything without case and put it into my suitcase (except HDDs). No problems.

why except HDDs? 

Just now, Anas Dweik said:

Well I assumed you looked into that yourself.... this is a computer forum after all, not a travel forum.

11 minutes ago, Anas Dweik said:

Hi Guys. 

I am leaving my country soon to a new country , can i take my pc with me to airport ? if yes shall i take it a part ? without case ?

you can bring it with you on the plane. i've done it before

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

11 minutes ago, Anas Dweik said:

Hi Guys. 

Here you go. https://travel.stackexchange.com/questions/16266/can-i-bring-my-desktop-computer-as-check-in-baggage-on-a-flight

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

I have the same curiosity to know the answer for your question. 

My guess is take it apart, pack it well, carry any recepits you have(might not be required just in case). It should be treated as any other electronic parts. This is not the best answer but I can’t think of why you can’t carry it. 

1 minute ago, mpsparrow said:

Well I assumed you looked into that yourself.... this is a computer forum after all, not a travel forum.

i am so scared but i will do it.

1 minute ago, Anas Dweik said:

why except HDDs? 

I was taking them with me in carry on luggage because they are sensitive devices and if they drop the suitcase there will be no issues with possible data lost.

2 minutes ago, Chennaiyen said:

I have the same curiosity to know the answer for your question. 

My guess is take it apart, pack it well, carry any recepits you have(might not be required just in case). It should be treated as any other electronic parts. This is not the best answer but I can’t think of why you can’t carry it. 

yeah me too its looks easy but scary , but i idk if i will pay customs  

2 minutes ago, Niksa said:

I was taking them with me in carry on luggage because they are sensitive devices and if they drop the suitcase there will be no issues with possible data lost.

any idea how to save them from damage  ?

3 minutes ago, Niksa said:

HDDs are actually fairly sturdy. They can only be easily damaged when they're running (because the read write head is out in the open, so sudden impacts could cause it to puncture the platters). When not on they're surprisingly sturdy.

Of course, if OP wants to play it safe they could remove them and store them separately.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 minute ago, DocSwag said:

HDDs are actually fairly sturdy. They can only be easily damaged when they're running (because the read write head is out in the open, so sudden impacts could cause it to puncture the platters). When not on they're surprisingly sturdy.

Of course, if OP wants to play it safe they could remove them and store them separately.

shall i Cover them in clothes ? 

2 minutes ago, Anas Dweik said:

yeah me too its looks easy but scary , but i idk if i will pay customs  

If they are new yes you might pay customs. If it’s old and you say it’s for your personal use they might waive it off. Then again each country has its own rules. Don’t quote me on that.  

Just now, Chennaiyen said:

If they are new yes you might pay customs. If it’s old and you say it’s for your personal use they might waive it off. Then again each country has its own rules. Don’t quote me on that.  

lets hope it works xD

1 minute ago, Chennaiyen said:

You have been quoted :D

1 minute ago, Anas Dweik said:

shall i Cover them in clothes ? 

If you want to be safe, sure.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

8 minutes ago, Anas Dweik said:

Depends what country your going to.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.