Edge Beats Chrome and Firefox at Blocking Malware and Phishing Attacks

iamdarkyoshi
13 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

You'll get a warning similar to this:

does that site actually contain malware or is it just designed to trigger that page so you can see it? xD

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

8 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

You'll get a warning similar to this:

malware_screenshot.jpg.cdc192a0762981a8b60aa8e4ddafdd6b.jpg

This is a warning for malicious files that can be downloaded from that site, right?Just visiting a website can't infect a computer unless there's a browser vulnerability.How do they detect phishing websites (through user reports or through web scraping)?

10 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

This is a warning for malicious files that can be downloaded from that site, right?Just visiting a website can't infect a computer unless there's a browser vulnerability.How do they detect phishing websites (through user reports or through web scraping)?

It was just an example warning, a phishing scam will say something different, but the style of warning is the same

2 hours ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

OK, but can you see your own saved passwords on Edge? Nope, but you can do that on the other two.

IMO, being able to see any saved password without some form of authentication is not a feature..

2 hours ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

OK, but can you see your own saved passwords on Edge? Nope, but you can do that on the other two.

So, glaring security hole for anyone that doesn't lock their system when not at home. Got it.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

6 minutes ago, Dark Force said:

IMO, being able to see any saved password without some form of authentication is not a feature..

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

So, glaring security hole for anyone that doesn't lock their system when not at home. Got it.

What are you two on about?

Who said anything about not needing authentication?

Capture.PNG.64399871f841c6b92a45d8213fcc0de1.PNG

9 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

What are you two on about?

Who said anything about not needing authentication?

Capture.PNG.64399871f841c6b92a45d8213fcc0de1.PNG

on edge mobile (Windows phone) you can see your accounts and even edit the password but you can't view them.

even still edge support last pass which is what I use across all my browsers. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

On 10/18/2017 at 10:06 AM, iamdarkyoshi said:

Long story short, edge isn't perfect. But I'm glad to see microsoft making an effort in keeping their user base safe.

My concern is that MS has done these types of 'improvements' before, but after a while they tend to become complacent and lackadaisical about updates, thereby falling behind in quality after gaining the "edge" (no pun intended) over other browsers in user base.

On 10/18/2017 at 10:38 AM, iamdarkyoshi said:

Some programs internally use IE. They kinda had to keep it for support of those programs

And MS only has themselves to blame for needing to keep it around for legacy support.  They integrated IE so deeply into the OS, then encouraged developers to use it in their programs.

On 10/19/2017 at 6:20 AM, suicidalfranco said:

opera owned by china

Opera browser just ain't what it used to be.  It originally started as a project by a Norwegian ISP, and it was actually very unique.  The new Opera has lost so much of what defined it as a browser and set it apart from the rest.

So from now, MS can even annoy u more by showing banners that edge is better when u r using chromexD

It's good that ms is trying but even if it's better in every single way than chrome (which isn't) , I'll still use chrome because I'm a heavy Google user and Chrome works well will Google products and syncs everything with chrome on my android phone. Also extensions are a strong point for chrome and firefox but there isn't much for edge.