Nintendo DS

Beef Boss

What are your thoughts on Nintendo DS consoles? I know, you PC master race cannot waste time on such an inferior piece of "tech" but us actual intelligent species what do you think about DS consoles? I've been playing on them since they've came out. They bring back a lot of nostalgia and when I played on my Gameboy that was good times. I'm currently looking at the 2Ds XL hand held. And games for the DS have only dropped about 50%... When I bought my Pokemon games for the DS they were $80. The 2Ds Xl is just the 3ds xl without 3d correct?

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

I would get a DS/3DS to play Luigi's Mansion again. And yes, the 2DS is basically a 3DS without 3D and no cool hinging screen

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I love my DSi XL, the only problem is there is only like 3 games I want to play on it and two of them are Pokemon.

So yeah its fantastic 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

As far as i know, yes the 2d xl is a 3ds xl without the 3d, but there may be other changes i dont know of.

Yeah, the Nintendo consoles do bring back memories, and still are great fun to go back and play on, always fun to go back on the old game boys and play some retro titles on them

Go for it dude

I just got a DSI from my cousin and I'm playing Pokemon Diamond again for fun.

It's a great little console since and since it's technically bootable you can run ROMs on it if you want to.

I love all my Nintendo handhelds, just this weekend I reshelled a GBA SP and cleaned my GBA original.

The DS Lite was my first handheld I didn't get second hand and I still have. Its buttons have become fairly unresponsive and the hinge is quite floppy, but it's still awesome :D I have switched to my 3DS (original) to play DS games and my GBA SP for anything GBA or older, so it doesn't get much use anymore. But I did spend hundreds of hours on that machine.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I have a DS Lite, DSi and 3DS. Love them all. If you can get one for cheap do so. DS and DS Lite are great for both gameboy and ds games. 3DS adds a whole nother experience to it. Find them cheap, find games cheap, profit.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

I've got a DS Lite, and apart from Sonic Colours I didn't see any interesting games for it so it hasn't been used in years, so I gave it to my sister with Guitar hero (since having the gameboy advanced  slot it also allows the use of accessories-if only it had the internals of the new 3DS).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

The new 2DS XL seems pretty nice IMO. As long as it has games you'd like to play, I don't see any reason not to get it.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

Just now, BingoFishy said:

The new 2DS XL seems pretty nice IMO. As long as it has games you'd like to play, I don't see any reason not to get it.

See I have a lot of pokemon games including soul silver(for some reason they sell for like 300 now) and white. I played the H*ck out of these games as a kid. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

I recently upgraded to a new 3ds xl for the amiibo support on my Kirby games and super smash and ofcourse new 3ds titles i love the gameboy/ds systems they just have allot of games that work well on a handheld.

But for a kid i would definetly get a new 2ds.

I have a TT chip for my ds and used it to play abunch of games. There are quite a few fun games that arent the usually pokemon. First time I beat a 3d Mario platformer was on the DS

Just now, tp95112 said:

I have a TT chip for my ds and used it to play abunch of games. There are quite a few fun games that arent the usually pokemon. First time I beat a 3d Mario platformer was on the DS

Well I played white so much, I got multiple pokemon level 100 including boss pokemon. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

Just now, BadluckBrian said:

Well I played white so much, I got multiple pokemon level 100 including boss pokemon. 

I disliked Black and White, not as memorable as the others. For music, I couldn't really remember a tune on the top of my head. It didnt have anything game changing compared to the other games. More of a graphic update with 3d citys and stuff.But I am going to replay that again some day. 

23 minutes ago, BadluckBrian said:

What are your thoughts on Nintendo DS consoles? I know, you PC master race cannot waste time on such an inferior piece of "tech" but us actual intelligent species what do you think about DS consoles?

Honestly, I think most of this forum approve and like DS.

2 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

I disliked Black and White, not as memorable as the others. For music, I couldn't really remember a tune on the top of my head. It didnt have anything game changing compared to the other games. More of a graphic update with 3d citys and stuff.But I am going to replay that again some day. 

Personally I quite liked Black and White, partially because they didn't rely too much on older Pokemon, partially because it was the first time a main series game was set outside of Japan and it's the first time I actually somewhat cared about the story and its characters.

IMO it also has some great music, but that is of course just my thoughts on it.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Minibois said:

Personally I quite liked Black and White, partially because they didn't rely too much on older Pokemon, partially because it was the first time a main series game was set outside of Japan and it's the first time I actually somewhat cared about the story and its characters.

IMO it also has some great music, but that is of course just my thoughts on it.

I liked how   you couldn't get last gen Pokemon. They wanted to give it a refresh. To me nothing stuck to me.  I need to replay the game still cause that game went by fast for me to appreciate it. Replaying it and listening to the music il enjoy it. Black/White 2 will make it better. Pokemon never fails to have great soundtracks. Reason why I love reorchestrated songs

The new 2DS XL looks interesting, personally I'd still go 3DS for the few games that take advantage of the 3D. DS Lite is still my go to handheld when I'm out, as it fits in my pocket so much better than my 3DS XL, and still has great games on it I haven't played yet. The GBA SP is smaller still, but for me it's too small to hold comfortably and it's selection of games that have aged well is a lot smaller.

The DS family line is kind of complicated now. They all mostly come in two sizes: the regular edition and XL.

DS: The original one. Plays DS and GBA games.

DSi: An updated DS but drops the GBA cart port.

3DS: Plays 3DS and DS games

2DS: Plays 3DS (no 3D option) and DS games. No XL version; has a flat no hinge design)

New 3DS: Plays 3DS and DS games. Plus one or two exclusives.

New 2DS: Same as New 3DS, just without the 3D. Only in XL size? Has hinge unlike the not "new" version.

I have "old" 3DS XL. I'd like to get a New 2DS XL just because it is lighter and I don't care for 3D, but I probably won't since there's other priorities with my money. I personal don't find these handhelds comfortable to play on stock. You can get grips for them that make them more like modern controllers. Not great for portability but useful when you intend to have a long session at home. Bear in mind grips are specific to each DS model due to varying dimensions, so be mindful of what you buy.

1 hour ago, ono said:

The DS family line is kind of complicated now. They all mostly come in two sizes: the regular edition and XL.

DS: The original one. Plays DS and GBA games.

DSi: An updated DS but drops the GBA cart port.

3DS: Plays 3DS and DS games

2DS: Plays 3DS (no 3D option) and DS games. No XL version; has a flat no hinge design)

New 3DS: Plays 3DS and DS games. Plus one or two exclusives.

New 2DS: Same as New 3DS, just without the 3D. Only in XL size? Has hinge unlike the not "new" version.

I have "old" 3DS XL. I'd like to get a New 2DS XL just because it is lighter and I don't care for 3D, but I probably won't since there's other priorities with my money. I personal don't find these handhelds comfortable to play on stock. You can get grips for them that make them more like modern controllers. Not great for portability but useful when you intend to have a long session at home. Bear in mind grips are specific to each DS model due to varying dimensions, so be mindful of what you buy.

See I just found my old DSi XL... Sooo 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil