I Need a Cheap Graphics Card for a non-gamer

Go to solution Solved by 12345littlepeople,

just get a GT 1030, 1050 is overkill and used would require older drivers and possibly extra power, noise, and hassle. A fanless GT 1030 would be a perfect choice, if you go with something old expect to need to wire power to it and tune fan curves, as well as take up more room.

I'm sourcing parts for a friend who wants a build for music production. He will need a higher end processor and memory but his budget isn't that big so I need a cheap GPU. He doesn't game so it doesn't need to be anything special. We're talking under £100 if possible. 

Thanks guys.

3 minutes ago, thegadgetlad said:

I'm sourcing parts for a friend who wants a build for music production. He will need a higher end processor and memory but his budget isn't that big so I need a cheap GPU. He doesn't game so it doesn't need to be anything special. We're talking under £100 if possible. 

Thanks guys.

You can get a gtx 1050 ti for 139 USD or 104 pounds

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

Just now, ScrappyZeDog said:

Thank you. I will go with something like this if necessary but it's still overkill for him so something even cheaper would be ideal.

3 minutes ago, ScrappyZeDog said:

I mean, technically isn't a GTX 1050Ti for gaming? But i agree. The 1050Ti is THE option for most cases when you don't have a high budget

2 minutes ago, Name Taken said:

GT 1030?

Oh thanks that actually looks like a good option. Will look into it.

1 minute ago, PurpleCodes said:

integrated graphics?

Ryzen CPUs don't have integrated graphics so an external GPU is required. Sorry, I forgot to mention that at the outset. 

if you dont have an iGPU, or the iGPU is a complete potato, i can recommend the GT1030 from personal experience, i have the fanless MSI one in my media center, and for the price its quite a capable card.

9 minutes ago, manikyath said:

if you dont have an iGPU, or the iGPU is a complete potato, i can recommend the GT1030 from personal experience, i have the fanless MSI one in my media center, and for the price its quite a capable card.

Thank you

just grab a 1030 or 550 if you need it new or whatever the cheapest thing you can find on craigslist

R7 2700x (4.3ghz), Gtx Titan Xp Galactic Empire (Watercooled), 2x8 Gskill Trident 3200mhz, Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi, Corsair 900D, SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 256gb, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, 4x3tb 7200rpm Segate Barracudas in Raid 10 EKWB Custom Loop, Corsair AX1500i Power supply

Yo what up its #RorzNZ commin at ya with some advice here. 

What you wanna do is not settle for that low end crap - no one likes that garbage!

You wanna go hit up that eBay or Craigslist, whatever is your poison. Get a nice second hand 970 or 980. Even those wee 780's great performance and not breaking your budget. Remember to get that Nvidia for those dank CUDA acceleration. Really look around you can get hella bargain - and not a potato 1030.

just get a GT 1030, 1050 is overkill and used would require older drivers and possibly extra power, noise, and hassle. A fanless GT 1030 would be a perfect choice, if you go with something old expect to need to wire power to it and tune fan curves, as well as take up more room.

Whatever is cheap, really. If you don't need h.265 acceleration, you can easily get by with a Radeon 5450. Some variants can support 3 monitors.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…