What would be the best liquid cooler for my setup?

Should i watercool my build?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should i watercool my build?

2. 2. AIO or not

• All in one
    • separate parts

I am relatively new to PC building but on my fist build i went all out. The CPU and GPU get pretty hot and I would like to know what you guys would suggest for a liquid cooler. I would also like to ask weather i should cool my motherboard and ram. I wil be cooling my CPU and GPU though.

Intel i7 7700K (overclocked to 5GHZ)

Asus GTX 1080TI Strix OC 

Corsair 780T Graphite

Corsair Vengeance RGB Ram

Asus Maximus  IX Hero

Edit:

The CPU sometimes goes up to over 90 degrees and the GPU when overclocked goes to 87 degrees 

*Temperatures in Fahrenheit *

Edited by TheMightyGamer7

---Please Reply in Tags Or Quotes---

CPU i7-7700kk    Motherboard Asus Maximus  IX Hero    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3600mhz    GPU Asus GTX 1080TI Strix OC    Case Corsair 780T Graphite    Storage 2x Samsung M.2 960 PRO M.2, 1x Seagate Ironwolf 10TB    PSU EVGA Supernova 850    Cooling Hyper 212 EVO     Operating Systems Windows 10 Pro x64, MacOS 10.13

AIO's can be beaten outright by aircoolers so there is no reason to get them really other than size constraints as for custom water coolers I find them too be too much of a hassle to bother with but they work very well and are a lot better than AIO's in terms of performance. Personally though I'd just get a beefy air cooler and possibly add a second fan to it to make it push pull as I don't need the hassle.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

If you intend to also cool your GPU in a custom loop then you should water cool your whole build. But if you only intend to cool your CPU with the custom loop you've basically just got a glorified CPU cooler, so stick with the AIO. I wouldn't get for example an AIO GPU + an AIO CPU Cooler.

Benefits of AIO:

Looks cleaner but uses up 1 or multiple fan slots.

Pushes the hot air outside of the case leaving other components cooler.

Cons:

Maintenance/Breakdowns

9 minutes ago, TheMightyGamer7 said:

I would also like to ask weather i should cool my motherboard and ram.

Your PC case fans will do this for you, no need to have active cooling on any of this

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

If you are a going to be doing any kind of oc i suggest liquid cooling. Performance air coolers take up a lot of space. AIO depending on the size of the rad are super easy to set up and forget. AIO liquid cooler all the way. If you know how to do custom water cooling thats even better. 

If you intend to also cool your GPU in a custom loop then you should water cool your whole build. But if you only intend to cool your CPU with the custom loop you've basically just got a glorified CPU cooler, so stick with the AIO. I wouldn't get for example an AIO GPU + an AIO CPU Cooler.

I will be cooling the CPU and GPU

CPU i7-7700kk    Motherboard Asus Maximus  IX Hero    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3600mhz    GPU Asus GTX 1080TI Strix OC    Case Corsair 780T Graphite    Storage 2x Samsung M.2 960 PRO M.2, 1x Seagate Ironwolf 10TB    PSU EVGA Supernova 850    Cooling Hyper 212 EVO     Operating Systems Windows 10 Pro x64, MacOS 10.13

14 minutes ago, TheMightyGamer7 said:

*snip*

if you're new to PC building you shouldn't do a custom loop and aio just aren't worth it. they only last a few years and they don't cool your system any better than an aircooler can on top of being more expensive.

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

no real point in watercooling ram, and just make sure there's airflow through your case to keep mobo components cool.  Single fan AIOs are total junk don't even perform as well as most $30 air coolers, Bigger AIOs can outperform the better air coolers, but only by a little bit, and AIOs have the added concern of pump failure which while uncommon is a real bummer since you can't use your pc until you fix or replace it. People tend to use better pumps in their custom loops so failure is less likely, but still a possibility, and cooling can far exceed what air coolers are capable of 

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Don't get an AIO. I've seen them break way too many times. I'd say air cooler, unless you like big projects. Water cooling is lots of fun, but it takes tons of research and planning specific to the case you have, and it can get pretty expensive.

Use the ek aluminum things

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

Steam: maxarooni4

Battle.net: MAX

If you have an Oculus HMU in dead and buried   

6 minutes ago, AMDPRO said:

Use the ek aluminum things

(IF) i am going to do any watercooling, i will probably just do a custom loop

Just now, TheMightyGamer7 said:

That is a custom loop

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B350 GPU: Reference cooled GTX 980 Storage: Intel SSD5 256Gb RAM: 8gb Geil EVO Potenza Case:  Phanteks p300 PSU: EVGA 500 watt CPU Cooler: AMD wraith spire

Just now, TheMightyGamer7 said:

He/She means the kits that EK sells. The are good starter kits for custom loop, but they are aluminium so you have to be careful on upgrades and part compatibility.

1 minute ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

He/She means the kits that EK sells. The are good starter kits for custom loop, but they are aluminium so you have to be careful on upgrades and part compatibility.

https://www.ekwb.com/news/ek-fluid-gaming-sets-new-standard-for-water-cooling/