Help Stuck at work until Server 2008R2 In Place Upgrade Finishes !!

I need help, a server i am upgrading (server 2008 - 2008r2) with an inplace upgrade has been stuck on 72% for about 2 Hours :'( 

Chicken Nuggets

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Custom Loop | Motherboard -  MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM - Mushkin Redline (2x4GB) 2400Mhz   Graphics Card - GTX Titan X(Maxwell)  | Power Supply - Super Flower 80+ Gold 650w Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 256gb + 750 Seagate Hybrid + 1TB WD Green + Raid 0 4X500GB + Raid 1 500GB HDD Case - HAF-X | Colour Theme - Orange & Black | Monitor - ACER Predator x34 Overclock to 100hz

what are you complaining about. you get paid for this right? you can just browse the web obviously, as you already posted this.

just go watch youtube or netflix or something. 

8 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

what are you complaining about. you get paid for this right? you can just browse the web obviously, as you already posted this.

just go watch youtube or netflix or something. 

I do not get paid to stay past working hours firstly, secondly i posted here because its a tech forum ? 

Third

ITS FUCKING FRIDAY :( 

Chicken Nuggets

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Custom Loop | Motherboard -  MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM - Mushkin Redline (2x4GB) 2400Mhz   Graphics Card - GTX Titan X(Maxwell)  | Power Supply - Super Flower 80+ Gold 650w Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 256gb + 750 Seagate Hybrid + 1TB WD Green + Raid 0 4X500GB + Raid 1 500GB HDD Case - HAF-X | Colour Theme - Orange & Black | Monitor - ACER Predator x34 Overclock to 100hz

3 minutes ago, Hayabusa1989 said:

I do not get paid to stay past working hours firstly, secondly i posted here because its a tech forum ? 

Third

ITS FUCKING FRIDAY :( 

not questioning why you posted.

but you're not giving as a lot to go on. 'a' server you're upgrading has been stuck on 72%. no specifics, nothing. 

we're not wizards over here you know. :P 

now i know inplace updates are prone to cause a mess. so first question: do you HAVE to do an inplace update?

Just now, RollinLower said:

not questioning why you posted.

but you're not giving as a lot to go on. 'a' server you're upgrading has been stuck on 72%. no specifics, nothing. 

we're not wizards over here you know. :P 

now i know inplace updates are prone to cause a mess. so first question: do you HAVE to do an inplace update?

My Apologies Okay so essentially : 

Needed to raise the minimum level in our AD to 2008 R2, This was so we could upgrade to Exchange 2016 Update 7 because update 6 killed our OWA Access. 
We have an old TS Server that we use for people in our warehouse 
This machine has taken bloody ages to upgrade but now we are stuck on 72% at the end which i think is upgrading our files folders and programs. 

Specs below 

Intel Xeon E5507 2.27GHz
8 GB Ram 
330 GB C Drive, Can't find the rest of the details. 

Chicken Nuggets

You mean to tell me you didnt practice upgrading on a clone from a backup?

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

Just now, unijab said:

You mean to tell me you didnt practice upgrading on a clone from a backup?

Actually we did, and it went fine. 

Chicken Nuggets

If its not going to finish successfully. restore from backup and start it over?

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

Rollback failed, reinstalling now and will be backing up with tape :'( 

Chicken Nuggets

Is it even legal for them to force you to work past your normal shift without paying you?

Eg: If you're supposed to work until 5pm but it takes until 8pm, you should be getting paid for those extra 3 hours.

And that's assuming you haven't hit the weekly hours needed to also be paid overtime pay.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

9 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Is it even legal for them to force you to work past your normal shift without paying you?

Eg: If you're supposed to work until 5pm but it takes until 8pm, you should be getting paid for those extra 3 hours.

And that's assuming you haven't hit the weekly hours needed to also be paid overtime pay.

its a grey area tbh, we don't have weekly hours we need to hit. 

Chicken Nuggets

In place upgrades suck. Microsoft doesn't recommend them and even when they work, we end up building a new server to replace it in a few months because even a "successful" upgrade never works as good as a fresh install.

-KuJoe

Being sent home 5 hours early today. Cannot complain. 

Chicken Nuggets