GTX 1070 on Massdrop

LtStaffel

Here is the URL.

Not the greatest deal ever, but it doesn't look bad either.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

1 minute ago, LtStaffel said:

Here is the URL.

Not the greatest deal ever, but it doesn't look bad either.

kinda wish it was a strix 1070 but whatever may have bought it then.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

damn that's a good deal

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Unfortunate that this is now considered a deal. I bought my EVGA GTX 1070 last October for $380. This card should be around ~$300 now... smh poor saps who are upgrading now

41 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Unfortunate that this is now considered a deal. I bought my EVGA GTX 1070 last October for $380. This card should be around ~$300 now... smh poor saps who are upgrading now

I feel this pain only in the RAM section right now. DDR4 is DOUBLE the price is was last year. INSANE

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

1 hour ago, FIXXX said:

I feel this pain only in the RAM section right now. DDR4 is DOUBLE the price is was last year. INSANE

I'm not sure about DDR4... I bought it back when X99 was new so I paid an extra premium. It's still cheaper now than it used to be.

3 hours ago, JohnT said:

I'm not sure about DDR4... I bought it back when X99 was new so I paid an extra premium. It's still cheaper now than it used to be.

Enthusiast price is one thing, most tech is expensive when it's new - the idea is that said tech becomes reasonably priced once production ramps up along with demand, etc :(

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

6 hours ago, FIXXX said:

DDR3 is quite insane too, almost to the point where I'd recommend someone that needs a lot to sell their stuff and go with a modern platform instead, due to the fact that DDR3 is useless on current platforms.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

i've yet to see a truly "good deal" on Massdrop, i've seen better sale prices on Newegg then the lowest drop point on Massdrop.