Best option for chrome tubing?

best option for chrome tubing  

2 members have voted

1. 1. which option do you think is best?

• bitspower
    • alphacool
    • just go clear PETG
    • i got a better idea and ill tell you in the comments

so im thinking about what tubing would look the best.

bitspower offers chrome tubes but only straight ones and i think they are not going to be as bendable as PETG so that means i would have to use fittings at every corner which ads cost and obviously gives it a different look

alphacool also offers chrome tubes and even pre-bend ones but i would mean id have to use their fitting too and since they are the cheapest on the market im not sure about their quality

also im wondering what is your opinion on tube diameter. thicker tubes? thinner tubes? practical differences? estetical differences?

let me know your thoughts

sdasdasdadasdada.PNG.083268e7a90db12e87f730e59886e80e.PNG

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Bitspower is bae and bending nickel/copper is super easy.  Go to you local hardware store and get a $20 copper tune bender, works like a charm.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Bitspower is bae and bending nickel/copper is super easy.  Go to you local hardware store and get a $20 copper tune bender, works like a charm.

yeah but since they are have a chrome finish im worried about how bending will effect that

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

1 minute ago, cluelessgenius said:

yeah but since they are have a chrome finish im worried about how bending will effect that

Bring a short piece in with you and give.it a ahot

3 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Bring a short piece in with you and give.it a ahot

ok yeah why not thanks but why do you think bitspower would be better?

4 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

ok yeah why not thanks but why do you think bitspower would be better?

In general I find bitspowers quality to be about this far apart from the other brands.  I'm going off of a blend of personal and alegorical evidence, in the end the difference is slight though. 

Bitspower 

EKWB/PHANTEKS

BYSKI/Barrow 

Alphacool

XCPC

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

In general I find bitspowers quality to be about this far apart from the other brands.  I'm going off of a blend of personal and alegorical evidence, in the end the difference is slight though. 

Bitspower 

EKWB/PHANTEKS

BYSKI/Barrow 

Alphacool

XCPC

ok i can see that to be true kind of...

since youre the only responding so far, what do you think of diameter? should i go thicker or thinner? bitspower offers 16, 14 and 12 OD

2 hours ago, cluelessgenius said:

ok i can see that to be true kind of...

since youre the only responding so far, what do you think of diameter? should i go thicker or thinner? bitspower offers 16, 14 and 12 OD

All work well, I think 14 looks snazzy

11 hours ago, cluelessgenius said:

so im thinking about what tubing would look the best.

bitspower offers chrome tubes but only straight ones and i think they are not going to be as bendable as PETG so that means i would have to use fittings at every corner which ads cost and obviously gives it a different look

alphacool also offers chrome tubes and even pre-bend ones but i would mean id have to use their fitting too and since they are the cheapest on the market im not sure about their quality

also im wondering what is your opinion on tube diameter. thicker tubes? thinner tubes? practical differences? estetical differences?

let me know your thoughts

As suggested the Bitspower stuff would be a good choice, just make sure you get annealed tubing or it will not bend and just crack or break. I believe the Alphacool stuff is not annealed and is extremely thick walled so your not going to be able to bend it. 

guys i think ill be going bitspower tubing but ek fittings. i just assembled my shopping cart and bitspower is not just a bit more expensive. they cost double compared to ek and with the amount of fitting ill need that ads up.