Where to buy Open Compute hardware

Hi all,

I'm looking for socket 2011 based server hardware... I have found Open Compute Windmill generation blade-style servers which perfectly fits my requirements - I don't need complete chassis like Dell (or HP etc.) servers which I also thought about, but they are quite more expensive (e.g. Dell R720 etc..).

I have found that these servers from Quanta and Wiwynn on eBay. It is really good deal, but problem is, how can I get it to Europe. First seller refuse to send it via eBay global shipping and shipping quote from FedEx, which he offered as only acceptable way to ship it outside of US, is 2x more than price of item and second seller, as it is listed, ships only to US and Canada (I have also contacted him and he also refused to ship it via eBay GSP).

My question is if somebody know how to buy these server and deliver it to Europe (Czech Republic exactly).

Thanks a lot

PS:

If somebody know about similar or better deal, please let me know :)

Hi there

Maybe use shipito?

System Engineer | Sound Engineer | Music Lover

Swiss German | German | English

Blade servers REQUIRE chassis to operate. 

Missed the blade-style. Please hold, doing more research :) 

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just some information about the open compute:

Make sure you have 220V outlets, otherwise you need more gear, and you'll need to use cardboard as a top :) 

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Blade servers REQUIRE chassis to operate. 

Missed the blade-style. Please hold, doing more research :) 

I don't require blade exactly, but I really like Facebooks (Open Compute) concept of light-weight servers with minimal hardware (=> less things that will draw power) ther approach is that these servers are designed without unnecessary hardware - in their scale of thousands of servers every watt is really big savings - I don't need giant RAID array in every server - I'm using single drive per server with nightly backup .. and planing using also SAN for that ...

13 minutes ago, Blackneon said:

Hi there

Maybe use shipito?

thanks, I will look at it

4 minutes ago, Gawron10001 said:

How much you wanna pay? Guessing as little as you can

I have 2 pieces of 2011 engineering samples in my hand which I got for free, so $240 for quad sockets (two servers) with power supply (which has great function that you don't need UPS if you have 48V array - next saving on your electricity bill and redundancy) is pretty good deal.

It is for my home use (yes I'm using enterprise stuff at home...) and I don't have final idea of this infrastructure... so money isn't that big problem if it is for good reason. For now stay with $600-700 USD as total investment.

13 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Just some information about the open compute:

Make sure you have 220V outlets, otherwise you need more gear, and you'll need to use cardboard as a top :) 

Yes I have found that post and yes in most of Europe we have 230V outlets so that is no problem, ... and cardboard also isn't problem :)

38 minutes ago, Blackneon said:

Hi there

Maybe use shipito?

For weight and size that they gave me (38 pounds and 35x24x9 inches), shipping quote is about 270$ which I think is still a lot.