Internet not going full speed on all devices?

kaylexmorgana

I'm having this weird problem. So my dad has charter and I got att in the same house because he didn't want to pay for it cause he "hates att" so now he wants it. lmfao. So I tried connecting it but it doesn't work well. I did it to 3 devices. 2 other pcs and a ipad but they all average about 30mbps for some reason. but for my phone I get 300 and my pc the usual 900. I don't understand this.

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

could you explain a bit more your network architecture ?

"You are doing the same thing over and over again and you hoping for different result ?"

Does your router and devices support 5GHz? (assuming you're using wifi as 30Mbps sounds about correct for 2.4GHz wifi whereas 300 and 900 sounds about right for Gigabit ethernet :P).

If it does then it may be due to the devices being too far away (as 5GHz signal strength typically decreases quicker than 2.4GHz) or simply the NICs of the device or the router is unable to support that high of speed through wifi. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

simply and short said

not all devices have great network cards that can handle full speed

for example my laptop and pc can run 400/40 speeds  and a samsung galaxy s8 runs at 40/40, and a huawei p8 only runs at 20/10  

it all depends on the devices network cards and wether their connected using wifi ect, distance/interference on wifi makes it slower too :v

(◑‿◐)

36 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Does your router and devices support 5GHz? (assuming you're using wifi as 30Mbps sounds about correct for 2.4GHz wifi whereas 300 and 900 sounds about right for Gigabit ethernet :P).

If it does then it may be due to the devices being too far away (as 5GHz signal strength typically decreases quicker than 2.4GHz) or simply the NICs of the device or the router is unable to support that high of speed through wifi. 

18 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

simply and short said

not all devices have great network cards that can handle full speed

for example my laptop and pc can run 400/40 speeds  and a samsung galaxy s8 runs at 40/40, and a huawei p8 only runs at 20/10  

it all depends on the devices network cards and wether their connected using wifi ect, distance/interference on wifi makes it slower too :v

i checked the att router site and you are right. only 5ghz was my phone and everything else is 2.4

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

18 minutes ago, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

i checked the att router site and you are right. only 5ghz was my phone and everything else is 2.4

Then your speeds are working exactly as they should. You'd need to get 5GHz adapters for any devices that only have 2.4GHz in order for them to receive faster speeds.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)