Need oven in PDX to bake a 780

Gudawhan

Anyone around PDX have a oven or kiln that they are NOT using for cooking food ever again? I want to try to fix a GC by baking it at 385F. I've seen 2 videos that this method work for. Thanks! 

Heat gun and aluminum foil?

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

1 minute ago, Phate.exe said:

Heat gun and aluminum foil?

Yup, a heat gun is 20 bucks and foil is everywhere

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, Damascus said:

Yup, a heat gun is 20 bucks and foil is everywhere

I think I might have spent $40 on mine, but it has multiple airflow settings and temp settings on it.

Mostly just use it for heat-shrink tubing, but I've also fixed multiple PS3's with it.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

5 minutes ago, Gudawhan said:

Anyone around PDX have a oven or kiln that they are NOT using for cooking food ever again? I want to try to fix a GC by baking it at 385F. I've seen 2 videos that this method work for. Thanks! 

my friend fixed an gpu using hes own food oven, :P he made a custom standoff and boom :D later the gpu actually revived haha

the oven never got affected in anyway and the baguettes still taste the same LOL

(◑‿◐)

@Valkyrie Lenneth I don't want to scare you, but they might taste the same while harming your body...

Edited by Jonas_2909
Typo

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

Would not recommend

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

7 minutes ago, Jonas_2909 said:

@Valkyrie Lenneth I don't want to scary you, but they might taste the same while harming your body...

i dont want to scare u, but do u know that our food is already poisoned by many chemicals ect?

:P, also the high amount of heat kills bacterias so, why not LEL

(◑‿◐)

1 minute ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

i dont want to scare u, but do u know that our food is already poisoned by many chemicals ect?

:P

Not to mention the stuff in our CLEANING products used inside the oven. xD

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

:P, also the high amount of heat kills bacterias so, why not LEL

The PCBs contain a few chemicals that will stick to the insides of your oven. Using the oven for food afterwards will lead to the chemicals going onto the food, and therefore, into your body.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

4 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

The PCBs contain a few chemicals that will stick to the insides of your oven. Using the oven for food afterwards will lead to the chemicals going onto the food, and therefore, into your body.

ever heard of cleaning out a oven? :v with high heat they are extremely easy to clean, u can also use some strong cleaning chemicals again to remove the other chemicals, this world today is all about chemicals these days anyway ( including inside our food sadly :v )

(◑‿◐)

56 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

ever heard of cleaning out a oven? :v with high heat they are extremely easy to clean, u can also use some strong cleaning chemicals again to remove the other chemicals, this world today is all about chemicals these days anyway ( including inside our food sadly :v )

Yeah you can clean out an over but there are certain places you might not clean where it'll stick. Such as with a fan oven. Also, chemicals used in food are non-toxic and rated as edible, whereas chemicals used in PCBs are the complete opposite.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Yeah you can clean out an over but there are certain places you might not clean where it'll stick. Such as with a fan oven. Also, chemicals used in food are non-toxic and rated as edible, whereas chemicals used in PCBs are the complete opposite.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/toxic-chemicals-poison-warning-food-plastic-air-study-a7114226.html

? ^^ There is overwhelming scientific evidence that toxic chemicals in food

(◑‿◐)

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/toxic-chemicals-poison-warning-food-plastic-air-study-a7114226.html

? ^^ There is overwhelming scientific evidence that toxic chemicals in food

Thank you for going off topic and avoiding my latter point. Just don't bake a graphics card, it's a bad idea.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Thank you for going off topic and avoiding my latter point. Just don't bake a graphics card, it's a bad idea.

am just saying those same type of toxic chemicals are everywhere already,  an simple reply to ur toxic chemical answer about the baking, it shouldnt matter much because its already in the food :c, my friend fixed many gpus including ps3,s and xbox360's in hes oven 

then again i wouldnt do it personally its my friend :P lol ^^ hes made alot of money baking stuff in oven :o

(◑‿◐)

1 minute ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

am just saying those same type of toxic chemicals are everywhere already,  an simple reply to ur toxic chemical answer about the baking, it shouldnt matter much because its already in the food :c, my friend fixed many gpus including ps3,s and xbox360's in hes oven 

then again i wouldnt do it personally its my friend :P lol ^^ hes made alot of money baking stuff in oven :o

I wouldn't expect to find copper etching chemicals, such as ferric chloride, or ammonium persulfate in a foodstuff. Neither would I expect to find whatever solvent they use to electroplate copper to the PCBs.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

I wouldn't expect to find copper etching chemicals, such as ferric chloride, or ammonium persulfate in a foodstuff. Neither would I expect to find whatever solvent they use to electroplate copper to the PCBs.

the chemicals u mentioned ( ferric chloride,ammonium persulfate ) is actually found inside food products ( u can google if u dont believe it ) anyway lets keep it at this :P ^^

(◑‿◐)

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

the chemicals u mentioned ( ferric chloride,ammonium persulfate ) is actually found inside food products ( u can google if u dont believe it ) anyway lets keep it at this :P ^^

I still wouldn't expect to see that in common foods, like non-processed stuff. But still, baking a GPU is a bad idea. There's also another reason, which is that you need to properly reflow the GPU to get it to work properly again. Meaning, removing the GPU, reballing, and resoldering.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

So I have this Gainward 780 that stopped working,  I won't be putting in a oven or blasting with a heat gun. :D  I'll put it up for auction on eBay as DOA & some true tech can buy & fix it. 9_9