What graphics card can my 8 year old PC support without too much bottlenecking?

Zirk
Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

the video is necking the card on the cpu on any particle area heavily and u can see that in the vid aswell, 20 to even 30 fps differences on crowded places due to a cpu bottleneck

so your saying he should spend 700 dollars to get 25 ish fps.The gpu in the video is the 980ti so you'd be paying a ludicrous 28 dollars per fps

My life

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

so your saying he should spend 700 dollars to get 25 ish fps.The gpu in the video is the 980ti so you'd be paying a ludicrous 28 dollars per fps

980 or a 980ti is overkill, hes better of sticking with hes 770gtx because anything above taht is going to neck in crowded areas anyway, hes minfps would stay around the same

(◑‿◐)

Are you saying that crysis is unplayable  at 60fps?

My life

2 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Are you saying that crysis is unplayable  at 60fps?

IT IS NECKING THE CARD IN A NON CPU HEAVY PART, YES IT IS NECKING THE GPU IN A NON PARTICLE INTENSIVE PART WHICH MEANS HES UPGRADE FROM A 770GTX TO A 980 WONT DO MUCH FOR HIM

HES GPU USAGE IS ONLY 70% and lower , UNLESS HE LOOKS IN THE SKY LOL BIG BOTTLENECK

(◑‿◐)

980 or a 980ti is overkill, hes better of sticking with hes 770gtx because anything above taht is going to neck in crowded areas anyway, hes minfps would stay around the same

Well here we go again somebody should probably break this up

The 980ti will still give a noticeable FPS gain at around the 30 fps mark

My life

Well here we go again somebody should probably break this up

The 980ti will still give a noticeable FPS gain at around the 30 fps mark

IT IS NECKING THE CARD IN A NON CPU HEAVY PART, YES IT IS NECKING THE GPU IN A NON PARTICLE INTENSIVE PART WHICH MEANS HES UPGRADE FROM A 770GTX TO A 980 WONT DO MUCH FOR HIM

HES GPU USAGE IS ONLY 70% and lower , UNLESS HE LOOKS IN THE SKY LOL BIG BOTTLENECK

HE WILL GAIN NOTHING FROM A 770 TO A 980 LOL ONLY MAX FPS, MINFPS WILL REMAIN THE SAME

(◑‿◐)

Just now, ARikozuM said:

Can you guys stop bickering like children?

but i'm right.

And yeah we need to find a way to stop this

1 minute ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

LOL BIG BOTTLENECK

it's still a large improvement over the 770.Plus CPU never even reacheas 100 percent in the video so i dunno why your calling it a bottleneck.The moment he turns it up to 1080p the gpu and cpu both stay at 80 percent which is definitely not a bottleneck.In the video at 1:25 it's the GPU maxing out not the CPU.The CPU almost never goes into the 90's

My life

3 minutes ago, Himommies said:

but i'm right.

And yeah we need to find a way to stop this

it's still a large improvement over the 770.Plus CPU never even reacheas 100 percent in the video so i dunno why your calling it a bottleneck.The moment he turns it up to 1080p the gpu and cpu both stay at 80 percent which is definitely not a bottleneck.In the video at 1:25 it's the GPU maxing out not the CPU.The CPU almost never goes into the 90's

HE WILL ONLY GAIN FPS IN NON CPU INTENSIVE PARTS

HES FPS DROPS WILL BE HUGE LOL ^^

i aint saying its a bad chip. its just friggen dumb to upgrade from a 770 to anything higher with that chip coz it will neck anywya in particle heavy stuff, infact hes minfps probably will be better on the 770gtx xD

if u play stuff like tombraider < thats pure GPU then sure why not

play anything multiplayer bf3 64man server? RIP CPU

a cpu doesnt have to hit 100% to bottleneck a gpu xD

i had a 1090t in the past with sli 470gtx hitting only 30-50% cpu usage

gpu usage drop to 50-60%

switched to intel with same cpu usage and boom 99% gpu usage all the time... why, coz the cpu necked it

(◑‿◐)

To actually be productive in this thread. @Zirk have you had a hardware monitor up while you're playing the games you play the most? (Like MSI Afterburner). If so, did you see that your CPU is often running well below 100% usage?

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

1 minute ago, Moress said:

*Throws crayons and runs away*

this is because of what happened yesterday 

infact hes minfps probably will be better on the 770gtx

so you saying that the FPS will be better on a inferior chip.This is like saying game swill run better on a G4560 then a 7700k

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

its just friggen dumb to upgrade from a 770 to anything higher with that chip coz it will neck anywya in particle heavy stuff,

It's only a 250 dollar upgrade so for the benefit it's well worth it

My life

4 minutes ago, Himommies said:

this is because of what happened yesterday 

so you saying that the FPS will be better on a inferior chip.This is like saying game swill run better on a G4560 then a 7700k

It's only a 250 dollar upgrade so for the benefit it's well worth it

even a 770gtx doesnt run at 99% the entire time due to cpu necking it in some parts, believe what u want... get urself an i7 960 with a 770gtx then upgrade ur gpu, ul see ur minfps will remain the same xD

0:12 Crysis 3 very high 1080p (GPU bottleneck) 1:31 Crysis 3 low 1080p 2:44 CS:GO very high 1080p 4:00 Fallout 4 mixed settigs 1080p 5:08 Watch Dogs 2 low 720p 6:24 Watch Dogs 2 low 1080p (GPU bottleneck) 7:34 Battlefield 4 ultra 1080p (GPU bottleneck) 8:35 Witcher 3 low 1074x768 9:24 Witcher 3 low 1080p (GPU bottleneck)

thats testing a 770gtx ( what hes already got )...

no point in upgrading... many bottlenecks

(◑‿◐)

even a 770gtx doesnt run at 99% the entire time

the facts that if hits 99 percent at all warrants a upgrade.Note that the CPU dosen't go into the 90's

an i7 960 with a 770gtx then upgrade ur gpu,

I have a A8 7600 with a Radeon Pro Duo

My life

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

the facts that if hits 99 percent at all warrants a upgrade.Note that the CPU dosen't go into the 90's

once again, a cpu does not have to reach high cpu usage to bottleneck an gpu, if tht were the case i would still be using an amd 8350 but no , it necks

(◑‿◐)

I saw a 4k build that used a 1080 and Pentium. Resolution does nasty things to GPUs

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

3 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

0:12 Crysis 3 very high 1080p (GPU bottleneck) 1:31 Crysis 3 low 1080p 2:44 CS:GO very high 1080p 4:00 Fallout 4 mixed settigs 1080p 5:08 Watch Dogs 2 low 720p 6:24 Watch Dogs 2 low 1080p (GPU bottleneck) 7:34 Battlefield 4 ultra 1080p (GPU bottleneck) 8:35 Witcher 3 low 1074x768 9:24 Witcher 3 low 1080p (GPU bottleneck)

all of these are gpu bottlenecks not CPU ones

My life

17 minutes ago, Himommies said:

i didnt say he should spend anything, i said he shouldnt upgrade anything

(◑‿◐)

a cpu does not have to reach high cpu usage to bottleneck an gpu

if you cpu is not hitting 99 percent then it is not bottlenecking and is not the issue

My life

actually watch the video, gpu usage is low even on low settings

its necking ... whatever man LOL

(◑‿◐)

if you cpu is not hitting 99 percent then it is not bottlenecking and is not the issue

8350 should have the same fps as a 4790k then, it doesnt because that is NOT true

also if that were the case, u could just go with MANY CORES and u wouldnt have to worry about anything

it is NOT true, singlethread performance means alot in gaming

(◑‿◐)

@W-L@Ryan_Vickers

You should probaly lock before yesterday repeats itself

actually watch the video, gpu usage is low even on low settings

its necking ... whatever man LOL

If the CPU doesn not hit 99 percent then it is not a Cpu bottleneck

8350 should have the same fps as a 4790k then, it doesnt because that is NOT true

Why is this even a applicable statement.The 8350 hits 99 percent wheras the 4790k does not

My life

2 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

also if that were the case, u could just go with MANY CORES and u wouldnt have to worry about anything

it is NOT true, singlethread performance means alot in gaming

Think about it this way, if OP gets a 980 ti they get a noticeable boost in gaming now and can easily upgrade the cpu later.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

21 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

that demonstration is on a NON CPU HEAVY PART,

why would you even show me then?If all the stuff in the video is GPU-intensive then why would you show it

My life