Opinion between an I7 and Ryzen 3

weed

i7 ve R3  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should i stick with I7 or change to Ryzen? (Please vote only after reading the text)

• I7
    • Ryzen

hello,

I have an old HP pc (specifically a HP Elite 7500MT) i've upgraded everything in it PSU, GPU, Storage, Ram, and even fans but one thing bugged me quite hard, its a prebuilt with a manufacturer motherboard, i've been thinking to get a new mother board the MSI B350 Gaming M3, a new case Corsair Carbide 100R, and a Ryzen 1300X, now this where the problem starts i dont know which is better my i7 3770 or the new Ryzen 1300x, forget pricing cause where i live everything is overpriced to shit, i want a new motherboard cause i dont wanna stick with a manufacturer motherboard, and i wanna get a newer CPU and Good looking case to replace the ugly HP stock case.

So guys the main question is, is there a big performance difference between the I7 3770 adn Ryzen 3 1300x, and with the circumstances i said above should i get the Ryzen?

I personally want the Ryzen.

Feel free to quote me if you want an answer

NAS hard drive list feel free to PM me questions or anything about Hard drive as i am in love with them 

I fly the Boeing 737-800 for Turkish Airlines

"Men, this stuff that some sources sling around about America wanting out of this war, not wanting to fight, is a crock of bullshit. Americans love to fight, traditionally" - George.S Patton

"There are four hundred neatly marked graves somewhere in Sicily. All because one man went to sleep on the job. But they are German graves, because we caught the bastard asleep before they did." - George.S Patton

"An Army is a team. It lives, sleeps, eats, and fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is pure horse shit. The bilious bastards who write that kind of stuff for the Saturday Evening Post don't know any more about real fighting under fire than they know about fucking!" - George.S Patton

"Sure, we all want to go home. We want to get this war over with. But you can't win a war lying down. The quickest way to get it over with is to get the bastards who started it. We want to get the hell over there and clean the goddamn thing up, and then get at those purple-pissing Japs. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin and Tokyo. So keep moving. And when we get to Berlin, I am personally going to shoot that paper-hanging son-of-a-bitch Hitler." - George.S Patton

Specs

Home Rig:                                                                                                  :

CPU: Intel I7 3770 @ 3.4 Ghz

CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo                                                                  

GPU: MSI Radeon Rx 550 Aero ITX 1gb (amazing gpu btw)   
RAM: 2x4 Mismatched Ram Sticks                                                          

Motherboard: Pegatron 2AD5                                                                  

HDD: 1TB WD BLUE                                                                               

Case: HP 7500 Series MT Case                                                            

PSUCooler Master 500W Elite                                                              

Workstation:

CPU: i7 5960x @4.3Ghz

CPU Cooler: Kraken X62                                                                                                                 

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti 1G

RAM: Kingston HyperX 32GB DDR4 2133Mhz

Mobo: Asus X99- Deluxe

HDD: WD Blue 4TB 5200RPM

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Case: Corsair 750D 

PSU: Corsair RM 750x

???

The 3770 is more comparable to an r5/r7 than to an r3.............

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Comparing a 4 core to a 4 core 8 thread cpu, the i7 will obviously win in most, if not all scenarios.

You didn't give us much info to help you decide, whats the computer used for? gaming, streaming, editing?

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, Enderman said:

???

The 3770 is more comparable to an r5/r7 than to an r3.............

I dont want to stick with the 3770, and recently its been dying and i cant afford an r5 or r7, if i can afford an r5 its going to be the 1400, the problem isnt the performance, the problem is the motherboard, i hate my manufacturer board, if your going to say "well why not get another lga 1155 motherboard?" if say i find one which is good and cheap on amazon then the shipping adds another 100 dollars, i can get a new CPU, Mobo, and case for the price of a case and mobo on amazon.

NAS hard drive list feel free to PM me questions or anything about Hard drive as i am in love with them 

"Men, this stuff that some sources sling around about America wanting out of this war, not wanting to fight, is a crock of bullshit. Americans love to fight, traditionally" - George.S Patton

"There are four hundred neatly marked graves somewhere in Sicily. All because one man went to sleep on the job. But they are German graves, because we caught the bastard asleep before they did." - George.S Patton

"An Army is a team. It lives, sleeps, eats, and fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is pure horse shit. The bilious bastards who write that kind of stuff for the Saturday Evening Post don't know any more about real fighting under fire than they know about fucking!" - George.S Patton

"Sure, we all want to go home. We want to get this war over with. But you can't win a war lying down. The quickest way to get it over with is to get the bastards who started it. We want to get the hell over there and clean the goddamn thing up, and then get at those purple-pissing Japs. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin and Tokyo. So keep moving. And when we get to Berlin, I am personally going to shoot that paper-hanging son-of-a-bitch Hitler." - George.S Patton

Specs

Home Rig:                                                                                                  :

Workstation:

Just now, RKRiley said:

Comparing a 4 core to a 4 core 8 thread cpu, the i7 will obviously win in most scenarios.

You'll have to check if that case can even fit a standard mATX/ATX board in though, it could have proprietary mounting locations.

It does fit a standard ATX board.

Specs

Workstation:

Just now, weed said:

I dont want to stick with the 3770, and recently its been dying and i cant afford an r5 or r7, if i can afford an r5 its going to be the 1400, the problem isnt the performance, the problem is the motherboard, i hate my manufacturer board, if your going to say "well why not get another lga 1155 motherboard?" if say i find one which is good and cheap on amazon then the shipping adds another 100 dollars, i can get a new CPU, Mobo, and case for the price of a case and mobo on amazon.

3770 still a pretty good cpu, you will mostly downgrade if you go for a ryzen 3, and probably won't see a difference if you go ryzen 5

Why do you say its "dieing" ????

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

2 minutes ago, weed said:

How is it "dying" ??

It either is dead or is working.

Maybe your problem is not the CPU.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

i7 has slightly better multi-core performance, but Ryzen wins in single-threaded and quad core speeds by a tiny margin.

• CPU
    Intel Core i7-7820X @ 4.2GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
  • RAM
    32GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4
  • GPU
    GTX 1080Ti FE
  • Case
    Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX
  • Storage
    500GB 960 Pro SSD, 240GB PNY SATA SSD, 3TB WD Red NAS
  • PSU
    Corsair RMx Series, RM850x
  • Display(s)
    3x 1080p Garbage
  • Cooling
    Fully Custom EK :D
  • Keyboard
    Razer BlackWidow Chroma "Clicky"
  • Mouse
    Razer Super Mega Black Mamba of Death 9000DPI
  • Sound
    Logitech Something with a broken bass adjustment knob so it's always rupturing spleens
  • Operating System
    NSA-Approved version of Windows 10 Pro

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

How is it "dying" ??

Maybe it's "dying inside" xD 

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

Just now, gbergeron said:

3770 still a pretty good cpu, you will mostly downgrade if you go for a ryzen 3, and probably won't see a difference if you go ryzen 5

Why do you say its "dieing" ????

My CPU performance is pinged at 100% all the time and in a normal really cpu intensive game, where i've seen other i7 3770s perform amazingly, my i7 just eats the shit in all of the cpu intensive games, it cant be my GPU cause i've only had it for 1 or 2 months, please dont focus on the downgrading of performance from an i7 to a ryzen 3, trust me im a tech enthusiast and i know im downgrading, if i get a ryzen 3 there is room to upgrade in to the future where with an lga 1155 motherboard im stuck with my i7 and i wont get a i7 3770k.

Specs

Workstation:

Just now, Enderman said:

How is it "dying" ??

Working but eats shit on CPU intensive games where i've seen people with worse GPUs perform better than me so dont say its the GPU which i've only had for 1 or 2 months

Specs

Workstation:

Just now, weed said:

My CPU performance is pinged at 100% all the time and in a normal really cpu intensive game, where i've seen other i7 3770s perform amazingly, my i7 just eats the shit in all of the cpu intensive games, it cant be my GPU cause i've only had it for 1 or 2 months, please dont focus on the downgrading of performance from an i7 to a ryzen 3, trust me im a tech enthusiast and i know im downgrading, if i get a ryzen 3 there is room to upgrade in to the future where with an lga 1155 motherboard im stuck with my i7 and i wont get a i7 3770k.

Your problem is not the CPU.

You need to clean install windows.

Spoiler

Just now, weed said:

That doens't mean it's dying.... probably another reason...

Also, going anything under a ryzen 5 1600 is mostly downgrading so... I think you should try at first a clean windows install + drivers and see if it help

Just now, Enderman said:

Your problem is not the CPU.

You need to clean install windows.

You think i havn't tried? i've tried windows 7 and 10 fresh install of both and still i eat shit, and dont tell me to try 8 cause its the worst know windows to human kind.

Specs

Workstation:

That doens't mean it's dying.... probably another reason...

Also, going anything under a ryzen 5 1600 is mostly downgrading so... I think you should try at first a clean windows install + drivers and see if it help

Tried all of that.

Specs

Workstation:

Just now, weed said:

You think i havn't tried? i've tried windows 7 and 10 fresh install of both and still i eat shit, and dont tell me to try 8 cause its the worst know windows to human kind.

Lolll I don't think people will tell you to try w8 haha !! its the worst !!

We just trying to help bro :P 

All we say is 3770k is mostly same performance as r5 1600x, probably the r5 being a bit better, but if you want a real upgrade you need to go r7 or 7700K I think !!

Just now, weed said:

Well then something else must be the problem, because even if you upgraded your r3 to an r5/r7 you would have the same performance as the 3770 in gaming.

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

Well then something else must be the problem, because even if you upgraded your r3 to an r5/r7 you would have the same performance as the 3770 in gaming.

I think R5 1600x and better will offer a bit better performance, but nothing worth upgrading IMO

@Enderman @gbergeron guys i know im downgrading the CPU, i know its worse performance, i know i will still eat shit in CPU intensive games, the problem is the motherboard, im stuck with my i7 till the day i die, but if i get a ryzen i can upgrade into a Ryzen 1700x in the future, you think im going to stick the Ryzen 3? no im not im buying alot of stuff at the same time the ryzen 3 is the thing i can afford in my current budget, but after getting all of that just give me 6 months and i will most probably have a Ryzen 1700x

Specs

Workstation:

Just now, weed said:

@Enderman @gbergeron guys i know im downgrading the CPU, i know its worse performance, i know i will still eat shit in CPU intensive games, the problem is the motherboard, im stuck with my i7 till the day i die, but if i get a ryzen i can upgrade into a Ryzen 1700x in the future, you think im going to stick the Ryzen 3? no im not im buying alot of stuff at the same time the ryzen 3 is the thing i can afford in my current budget, but after getting all of that just give me 6 months and i will most probably have a Ryzen 1700x

I would suggest to keep your $ instead and wait 6 month until you have enough money and see the actual market at this time. It makes no sense to buy a r3 just to upgrade 6 month after.

You might want to buy a coffee lake 8700K at that point, which will probably be a way better buy than a ryzen 7

Just now, weed said:

Did not your read the part about r5/r7 not performing better?

Do you understand that ryzen has worse single core performance than intel CPUs, and this is what matters in games?

You're going to downgrade, and then "upgrade" to a CPU almost exactly the same as what you currently have.

r7 just gives you more threads, and like 0.0001% of games will be able to use more than 8 which is what you have now.

Spoiler

3770 > R3

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

I would suggest to keep your $ instead and wait 6 month until you have enough money and see the actual market at this time. It makes no sense to buy a r3 just to upgrade 6 month after.

You might want to buy a coffee lake 8700K at that point, which will probably be a way better buy than a ryzen 7

And even if im done with intel, the coffee lake will probably be worth my whole life, mind you with a motherboard.

Specs

Workstation:

Just now, Enderman said:

Did not your read the part about r5/r7 not performing better?

Do you understand that ryzen has worse single core performance than intel CPUs, and this is what matters in games?

You're going to downgrade, and then "upgrade" to a CPU almost exactly the same as what you currently have.

r7 just gives you more threads, and like 0.0001% of games will be able to use more than 8 which is what you have now.

Still, LGA 1155 is dead thats the main problem, AM4 just started, i can keep on upgrading and upgrading.

Specs

Workstation:

Buy a new graphics card. The RX 550 is holding you back. Doesn't matter that it's two months old. If you want to switch platforms then whatever, but you're buying motherboard+CPU+RAM while losing performance.

I used to be quite active here.