New headset. What to get ?

ShinchanNL

Hi guys ,my trust 640u silver line headset from 2003 just died. 

I'm willing to spend 50 to 70 euros on a headset. And good headsets in that price range ? 

Not to hijack this but I'm also very interessted in this as I am looking for one myself.

So maybe add a few wishes?

Like, good microphone, light pressure on ears, open mesh on speakers (or closed don't know the real term here).

Stereo or 7.1, not-USB or USB.

Maybe that helps (and coincidentally that's my preference ;) )

@staubgame   @ShinchanNL  philips shp9500+vmoda boompro mic for open set. Or hyperx cloud 1 headset for closed.  Just know open vs closed differences they both sound great for the price and are comfortable. Unsure your local prices but cloud 1 is 60ish usd and shp9500 is 90ish usd. 

Specs: Amd 1700x | NH-u12s | Asus crosshair hero vi | 2x8g Gskill flare x | Zotac 1080 | Samsung 960 EVO | Seasonic ssr-750GD | Thermaltake core x5 |

2 minutes ago, doits said:

@staubgame   @ShinchanNL  philips shp9500+vmoda boompro mic for open set. Or hyperx cloud 1 headset for closed.  Just know open vs closed differences they both sound great for the price and are comfortable. Unsure your local prices but cloud 1 is 60ish usd and shp9500 is 90ish usd. 

Thanks for the reply!
The Philipps looks really good but is not available where I live :( (germany).

Only on amazon marketplace for 150€... o.O

The Cloud 1 is better / preferable than the cloud 2? there's just a 10€ difference here ^^

Hehe, 69 posts ;)

Try the HyperX Cloud Stinger.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I'm personally not a fan of the g430 build quality, it is cheap plastic, poor cushioning with cloth holds in dirt and sweat and is not as comfortable or good sounding as cloud headset.

1 hour ago, staubgame said:

The Cloud 1 is better / preferable than the cloud 2? there's just a 10€ difference here ^^

The only difference is cloud 2 comes with usb dongle. This is nice if your onboard 3.5 has noise or interference. Personally stereo vs "virtual 7.1" is pretty much the same for gaming. Also the cloud 1 has separate mic/audio at end while cloud 2 has combined headset jack at end if you want to remove mic and use on the go for music.

sidenote: Cloud headset is comfy, but after trying and you want it more comfy look at brainwavz hm5 pads(leather or velour or hybrid). 

Specs: Amd 1700x | NH-u12s | Asus crosshair hero vi | 2x8g Gskill flare x | Zotac 1080 | Samsung 960 EVO | Seasonic ssr-750GD | Thermaltake core x5 |

1 minute ago, doits said:

I'm personally not a fan of the g430 build quality, it is cheap plastic, poor cushioning with cloth holds in dirt and sweat and is not as comfortable or good sounding as cloud headset.

The only difference is cloud 2 comes with usb dongle. This is nice if your onboard 3.5 has noise or interference. Personally stereo vs "virtual 7.1" is pretty much the same for gaming. Also the cloud 1 has separate mic/audio at end while cloud 2 has combined headset jack at end if you want to remove mic and use on the go for music.

sidenote: Cloud headset is comfy, but after trying and you want it more comfy look at brainwavz hm5 pads(leather or velour or hybrid). 

Hm I'd prefer non-USB so I'll try.

@ShinchanNL I tried the G430 and I did not like it that much. Not bad but not worth the money it was for me. So I'll go try the cloud. Good thing amazon support sending back. :D

18 minutes ago, staubgame said:

Hm I'd prefer non-USB so I'll try.

@ShinchanNL I tried the G430 and I did not like it that much. Not bad but not worth the money it was for me. So I'll go try the cloud. Good thing amazon support sending back. :D

Hmm i don't have a dedicated sound card and I don't know how sound quality is on the onboard one on my gigabyte ax370 gaming 5 mobo.

10 minutes ago, ShinchanNL said:

Hmm i don't have a dedicated sound card and I don't know how sound quality is on the onboard one on my gigabyte ax370 gaming 5 mobo.

Oh and I play a lot of fps games like Pubg , csgo, bf1

5 hours ago, ShinchanNL said:

I'd assume that the Gigabyte AX370 does have a decent soundchip onboard so it will provide enough power for any headset in all games.

There's still sound cards out there but they are either a) external for laptops or b) for some audiophile high class level that only a few can afford anyway.

Or maybe if you're recording / producing music or audio (youtube and streaming) then maybe but not sure.

But, I also don't think there's a reason against USB Headsets. 

Could be advantageous if you want to use speakers parallel.

Which I would, so now I actually have to reconsider... :P 

19 hours ago, staubgame said:

I'd assume that the Gigabyte AX370 does have a decent soundchip onboard so it will provide enough power for any headset in all games.

There's still sound cards out there but they are either a) external for laptops or b) for some audiophile high class level that only a few can afford anyway.

Or maybe if you're recording / producing music or audio (youtube and streaming) then maybe but not sure.

But, I also don't think there's a reason against USB Headsets. 

Could be advantageous if you want to use speakers parallel.

Which I would, so now I actually have to reconsider... :P 

Thanks , i now found out that i have a pretty good double soundchip onboard for my front and back audio. so im now looking for a 3.5mm headset :)

Small update. I bought the hyperx cloud. It's comfortable and sounds pretty good for a "budget" headset. Thanks for the tips.

1 hour ago, ShinchanNL said:

Small update. I bought the hyperx cloud. It's comfortable and sounds pretty good for a "budget" headset. Thanks for the tips.

Glad to hear it worked out and sounds decent on onboard audio.